Value of: Subban and Turris for a top line center.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I can't see the two of them being packaged in a deal, I could see them going to seperate teams and the assets from one being allocated to a team for their #1C

Just for poops and laughs

NYI
Turris

NSH
2nd 2019
Ho-Sang

Then

NSH
Draisatl
Nurse

EDM
Subban
NYI 2nd
Ho-Sang

Ho-Sang just cleared waivers, Turris is a legit 2C. That gap is worth more than a 2nd round pick.

Value wise to Edmonton... well, that guts them. Their biggest weakness is on the wing, losing Drai means that Nuge is their 2c which weakens their wings even more. Edmonton is set so far back by this trade that the bottom out again.

Edmonton and Nashville don’t seem to be suitable dance partners at this point.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Andersen had a better year than Talbot that’s about the only difference. We were a top 10 GA team with pretty much the same personnel in 16/17.

And if you think it would take Draisaitl+ for Subban, what’s the ++ you’re giving up with Nylander? Of course understanding that Nylander is 100% a winger at the NHL level and the Preds would likely want someone capable of playing the position.
Nylander for Subban doesn't work...we can't afford to give Nylander 8...how are we paying Subban 9?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
You do realize that Ryan Johansen is on the Preds roster, right? That's 26 year old 30 goal scorer with limitless potential to be a consistent 70 point player in the right situation. That's a top line center if I've ever seen one. Turris in the #2 slot means you don't always have to rely on Johansen to be "the guy" either. Turris is a luxury that most teams don't have. The Preds likely have the best center depth that they have ever had in the history of the franchise.
He's already in the "right situation" he has everything he could possibly want around him and doesn't produce like an elite center....

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If that pushes Hamhuis into the Preds top four they would instantly drop from top of the league to middle of the pack.

Hammer was over the hill in his last year as a Canuck.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What top center could we get for that package? We don't need wingers, or quantity trades, we need a high quality center that can push Johansen down to the 2nd line.
The Oilers maybe for Draisatl? That's quite the trade, not many teams be in the bidding. Big money involved also. Not sure if Edmonton can adsorb that kind of caphit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Subban is 29 and has 4 years left on his deal
Draisaitl is 22 with 7 years remaining

Subban might be the better player, but that doesn't mean he has more trade value
Turris is also 29.

7 years is a generation in terms of hockey players. I can definitely see that deal having some attraction for NSH. while EDM might be the better team for this trade over the next 3-4 years, there is little doubt what team will "win" this trade in the years after that.

If NSH WEREN't a Cup contender they might do it.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No, the problem is Subban at 9 mwans not only is Nylander gone, you also can't sign both of Matthews and Marner.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Are people in Nashville that unhappy with Turris? Seems a bit early even if essentially no one talk about how ice cold he went last year (but everybody sure loved harping on Duchene when he was!).

He's a good one, last year was a bit of funk, I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Naa it's just that the last thing we saw out of our team was a weak offense get knocked out in the second round (to the team chasing them for the President's Trophy, nonetheless) after a deep and amazing run the season before. Turris wasn't good at all and started his production decline before the playoffs, but he also had an extremely good few months starting immediately after the trade. He found good chemistry with Fiala and Smith, two wingers who desperately needed a center to help them along (Fiala because he's young and needs to grow; Smith because he has a great shot but cannot create things very well).

That said, if Tampa offered Stamkos and Stralman for Subban and Turris I'd be inclined to do it from a purely hockey perspective. I think the fan base fallout would be bad, though.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ho-Sang just cleared waivers, Turris is a legit 2C. That gap is worth more than a 2nd round pick.

int.

JHS was not out of waiver options this season.
He could not be claimed.

no thanks to moving a first or other top youngsters for 29 yr of Turris' 50 or so pts.

Heck.I am not even interested in moving 22 yr old JHS +2nd. Isles are building around 21 yr old Barzal.
Tradibg top kids and high picks for almost 30 yr olds holds no appeal.

Last edited:

Mar 26, 2010
Why would Nashville want to trade Subban? I don't get it, the guy is a legit #1 D. We would be thrilled to have him in T.O, but are not trading any of our #1 C's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->