WWE: Stupendous Mania thread

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Protect Pat at all costs.
Just got off the phone with my 61 year old father, even he knew “that kicker from the colts with a podcast” had a match last night.

I don’t think they could’ve asked for anything more out of McAfee so far. Kills it at the booth and just delivered 100x over on the grandest stage of em all. I think he was my favorite part of the entire weekend

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
50% of both nights were video packages, they didn't need two nights.

Some good matches but AEW gives just as good for free. I was debating on spending the $5 to get it but ultimately I'm not sure if it was worth my time. Glad Cody finally some place where they will cheer him.
They need 2 nights if they're going to do 8-10 hours of content. They also need 2 nights to max out the profits.

Reactions: CDJ

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So who would people like to see Cody go up against next? Should he try to prove he is "the best" by going first against known great in-ring performers like AJ Styles, Ricochet, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens? Or chase a title?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Auska, Bayley, and Alexa all left off a two night show. WWE doesn't even know what to do with the talent they have.
Sounds like Bayley might be a month off from being fit. We also don't know the exact severity of Asuka's injury or how well her rehab went. As for Alexa Bliss, meh. She's not really the wrestler I want to see.

Reactions: Nemesis Prime

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
They desperately need to chill the f*** out with the camera cuts too. It's legitimately insane.
Can't stand those. It gives me a headache. I don't get how they don't get rid of something so universally hated. It adds nothing.

I also don't like those big graphics (I don't know what you call it) before entrances like the big Roman figure or Asuka's mask.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Can't stand those. It gives me a headache. I don't get how they don't get rid of something so universally hated. It adds nothing.

I also don't like those big graphics (I don't know what you call it) before entrances like the big Roman figure or Asuka's mask.
It's shit too. They're awful.

When the Undertaker came out they had his giant graphic come on and my buddy who doesn't watch wrestling just burst out laughing. They're so bad and so unnecessary.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
It's shit too. They're awful.

When the Undertaker came out they had his giant graphic come on and my buddy who doesn't watch wrestling just burst out laughing. They're so bad and so unnecessary.
The worst (and funniest) was the birds coming out of Riddle's feet when he does the flip flop kick. I don't think they do that anymore though.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
What's worth watching besides the Austin stuff? (I saw the clip of him stunnering Vince and god it was cringe. Mitchell Cole did a good job on commentary trying to sell it though)

I heard the McAfee stuff was good. Is the Cody match worth watching? Styles/Edge? Anything else beyond that?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What's worth watching besides the Austin stuff? (I saw the clip of him stunnering Vince and god it was cringe. Mitchell Cole did a good job on commentary trying to sell it though)

I heard the McAfee stuff was good. Is the Cody match worth watching? Styles/Edge? Anything else beyond that?
Becky and Bianca. A lot of people out there believe that and Cody vs. Seth are among the best back-to-back matches in Wrestlemania history.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
And... Pat Buck just quit his job at the WWE.

from Monday's pwinsider.com:

Pat Buckridge (professionally known as Pat Buck), who produced several Wrestlemania 38 main events over the weekend, officially resigned from World Wrestling Entertainment today, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Buck, who produced Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (with Michael Hayes) and Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair, informed the company this afternoon he was departing. The word making the rounds is that Buck stated that with the matches he worked on for Wrestlemania 38, he had achieved his goals of producing main events on the biggest show of the year and now needed to refocus his energies on his family, something the current WWE schedule could not consistently afford him the ability to do.

Beyond his duties as a Producer, Buck, 38, was also working in Talent Relations and had been the liason between the company and independent talents that were booked as extras at PPVs and TV tapings. He had also been scouting new potential signings.

Buck operates the Create-A-Pro Wrestling Academies in New Jersey and Long Island with Brian Myers, is also the owner of WrestlePro in New Jersey. He signed with WWE as a producer back in 2019 after a long career of wrestling independently, including a long run with Ohio Valley Wrestling when it was a WWE developmental territory.

Buck is already gone and will not be at tonight's Raw taping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad