WWE: Stupendous Mania thread

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Whatever happened to Alexa Bliss? I saw a thing about her (Maybe it was on Youtube) a few months ago and I guess since Bray left Alexa hasn't been a part of the roster that much? Is she injured? If I start watching Wrestling again, I remember being pretty entertained by her, even before the whole Funhouse thing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cesaro is a glaring omission. He could’ve been a summerslam feud imo
They didn't fire him, and they did that match last year anyways.

Whatever happened to Alexa Bliss? I saw a thing about her (Maybe it was on Youtube) a few months ago and I guess since Bray left Alexa hasn't been a part of the roster that much? Is she injured? If I start watching Wrestling again, I remember being pretty entertained by her, even before the whole Funhouse thing.
They have nothing for her.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Drew most likely is Roman's B-PPV feud until the summer and they run Brock/Roman again. The low blow and Heyman giving him the rope left that open.

They like big marquee names for Roman at Big 4 PPVs, but they are out of big names since he has beaten everyone not named Rock

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They left more open for another Seth feud than they did Brock.

They're always going to need people for Saudi Arabia, and they'll definitely never get sick of Brock.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

She took a bunch of time off, came back at elimination chamber but they didn't have anything for her for Mania.

Imagine she shows up tomorrow or shortly afterward. Asuka and Bayley should be back soon too so more women to feud with.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
As awesome as Brock is, his biggest downside is he won't shake up how he works matches.

They needed another gear and a few surprises spot wise, but Brock prefers to stick to the hits.

The triple threat last year was way better.

Still both shows were lots of fun. Night 1 was better, but Night 2 held its own

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Roman can feud with the following people who are not Brock Lesnar, and can easily get to next year's Wrestlemania:
Seth (they did a DQ remember)
Drew
Bobby Lashley
AJ Styles
Cody Rhodes
Bron Breakker

And that's not including guys like BARON CORBIN or Ricochet (he's the #2 face on Smackdown!) who they could easily get thrown to the wolves like Sami was.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
She took a bunch of time off, came back at elimination chamber but they didn't have anything for her for Mania.

Imagine she shows up tomorrow or shortly afterward. Asuka and Bayley should be back soon too so more women to feud with.

I was hoping for a Bayley sighting tonight. Oh well.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Roman can feud with the following people who are not Brock Lesnar, and can easily get to next year's Wrestlemania:
Seth (they did a DQ remember)
Drew
Bobby Lashley
AJ Styles
Cody Rhodes
Bron Breakker

And that's not including guys like BARON CORBIN or Ricochet (he's the #2 face on Smackdown!) who they could easily get thrown to the wolves like Sami was.
I don't think the issue is potential feuds. It's lack of guys who can beat Roman and not feel underwhelming.

Has to be Bronson Steiner I would think.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thinking about it. The visual of Roman standing over a bloody Brock at MSG with both belts looked bigger and cooler then what they got tonight.

They needed to hit another gear. I am long over blood, but most likely needed a little color too. Hit that next level brutality wise.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Word of the weekend is fun.

Was this the best worked PPV in a long while? Of course not, but it was lots of fun
I criticized the show earlier for surviving on its spectacle, but to an extent, Wrestlemania does get by on its spectacle. And they certainly have a lot of talented people.

I still wish they had a leaner show with more time to work in the ring and more varied in-ring styles, but it's WWE. It's not there for the art, it's there to get a kick out of it. It certainly did that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can give Shinsuke Nakamura a title match too. That would be pretty awesome if they let it be.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I f***ing love Suzuki.

He's somehow an amazing comedy wrestler and the world's most legitimate murder hornet at the same time.
FB_IMG_1615315641484.jpg

Reactions: Machinehead

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Overall was a great event. Glad no USOS in the main event but man Roman and the dick lunches and like 6 moves is getting old. His mic skills are pretty sweet as a heel but, I really don’t see where they go from here without it meting underwhelming.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00