WWE: Stupendous Mania thread

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
PWInsider.com has released the list of the producers for each WrestleMania match:

Night One of WrestleMania 38

* Shawn Daivari produced SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos retaining over Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs

* Chris Park produced Drew McIntyre defeating Happy Baron Corbin

* Shane Helms and Adam Pearce produced The Miz and Logan Paul defeating The Mysterios

* Tyson Kidd and WWE Hall of Famer Molly Holly produced Bianca Belair defeating Becky Lynch for the RAW Women’s Title

* Jamie Noble produced Cody Rhodes defeating Seth Rollins

* Pat Buck produced SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair retaining over Ronda Rousey

* WWE Hall of Famer Michael Hayes produced The KO Show and WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin defeating Kevin Owens in a No Holds Barred match

Night Two of WrestleMania 38

* Chris Park produced RAW Tag Team Champions RK-Bro retaining over The Street Profits and Alpha Academy

* Adam Pearce produced Bobby Lashley defeating Omos

* Kenn Doane and Shane Helms produced Johnny Knoxville’s Anything Goes win over Sami Zayn

* Tyson Kidd, Shawn Daivari and WWE Hall of Famer Molly Holly produced the Fatal 4 Way that saw Sasha Banks and Naomi win the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles over Shayna Baszler and Natalya, Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley, and former champions Carmella and Queen Zelina Vega

* Petey Williams produced WWE Hall of Famer Edge defeating AJ Styles

* Petey Williams and Kenn Doane produced Sheamus and Ridge Holland defeating The New Day

* Jamie Noble produced Pat McAfee defeating Austin Theory, and presumably WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon defeating McAfee

* Pat Buck and WWE Hall of Famer Michael Hayes produced the main event, which saw Roman Reigns defeat Brock Lesnar to become the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
PWInsider.com has released the list of the producers for each WrestleMania match:

Night One of WrestleMania 38

* Shawn Daivari produced SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos retaining over Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs

* Chris Park produced Drew McIntyre defeating Happy Baron Corbin

* Shane Helms and Adam Pearce produced The Miz and Logan Paul defeating The Mysterios

* Tyson Kidd and WWE Hall of Famer Molly Holly produced Bianca Belair defeating Becky Lynch for the RAW Women’s Title

* Jamie Noble produced Cody Rhodes defeating Seth Rollins

* Pat Buck produced SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair retaining over Ronda Rousey

* WWE Hall of Famer Michael Hayes produced The KO Show and WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin defeating Kevin Owens in a No Holds Barred match

Night Two of WrestleMania 38

* Chris Park produced RAW Tag Team Champions RK-Bro retaining over The Street Profits and Alpha Academy

* Adam Pearce produced Bobby Lashley defeating Omos

* Kenn Doane and Shane Helms produced Johnny Knoxville’s Anything Goes win over Sami Zayn

* Tyson Kidd, Shawn Daivari and WWE Hall of Famer Molly Holly produced the Fatal 4 Way that saw Sasha Banks and Naomi win the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles over Shayna Baszler and Natalya, Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley, and former champions Carmella and Queen Zelina Vega

* Petey Williams produced WWE Hall of Famer Edge defeating AJ Styles

* Petey Williams and Kenn Doane produced Sheamus and Ridge Holland defeating The New Day

* Jamie Noble produced Pat McAfee defeating Austin Theory, and presumably WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon defeating McAfee

* Pat Buck and WWE Hall of Famer Michael Hayes produced the main event, which saw Roman Reigns defeat Brock Lesnar to become the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion
Wow. Pat Buck had their hands all over the two worst matches of the entire event not count the injury shortened one?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kinda hope he's legit injured and out long term, just to breathe new life into the title picture. This shit's getting stale.

I never hope for an injury so I hope Reigns is fine. But if he is somehow injured and out long-term, I don't necessarily disagree. Could set up tournaments on each brand for top titles, good way to "un-unify" the belts again too...wouldn't be the worst thing.

Because I have honestly no idea where they go with Reigns next. My guess is Lashley would be his next feud

She took a bunch of time off, came back at elimination chamber but they didn't have anything for her for Mania.

Imagine she shows up tomorrow or shortly afterward. Asuka and Bayley should be back soon too so more women to feud with.

In their own ways, all of Bliss, Bayley or Asuka are worthy of main eventing wrestlemania feuds. Excited to see them back and hopefully create some fresh new feuds/matchups. Mix things up a bit on the women's side

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Had no idea Maple Leaf Muscle and Kenny from the Spirit Squad were producers

I was going to say exactly that. Good for them getting paid, both good wrestlers.

I watched a lot of the two shows and thought that they were fine given what WWE currently is. A bit of fun and some surprises.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I didn’t get to see the show this weekend so I’m going to have to rewatch it, from what I hear it was largely a great weekend

Saw that picture of roman, he was def hurt

Also saw vince’s stunner bump. Simply perfection. A beautiful cherry on top of the McMahon-Austin relationship. He’s never sold the stunner well but last night was their Magnum Opus, and honestly it was great

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You could hear Roman say his shoulder was out, but I figured it was him selling because he said it so loud.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Props to Roman for getting across the finish line with one arm. Makes a lot of sense now.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I didn’t get to see the show this weekend so I’m going to have to rewatch it, from what I hear it was largely a great weekend

Saw that picture of roman, he was def hurt

Also saw vince’s stunner bump. Simply perfection. A beautiful cherry on top of the McMahon-Austin relationship. He’s never sold the stunner well but last night was their Magnum Opus, and honestly it was great
For the first time in a long while, it's a ppv worth watching. Both nights dragged and both had their moments of greatness. Not their best show, but certainly a fun 2 nights of celebrating wrestling.

I will likely be going back this afternoon to watch Pat v Theory.

Most people liked night 1 better, I'm not so sure.

Reactions: CDJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wrestlemania quick hits (Disclaimer never saw all of Night 2 due to previous commitments).

1) Steve Austin is the most over professional wrestler now for 25 years running and it's not even close really. The fact that his popularity has endured now nearly 20 years in-between matches says a lot. Austin always said he had a hard time basically weening himself off the "drug" of performing for a live audience and I felt it was great to see him after all these years getting a chance to perform again and really enjoying his time in front of a large audience again. That out-of-character interview he does after Night 1 you can't wipe the smile off his face.

2) By my count WWE has tried to use the conclusion of WM to crown Roman Reigns at least 4 times (WM 32, 33, 37 and now 38). And it still hasn't really worked and every time it felt flat. I find it ironic that WM 32 and 38 both ended almost exactly the same in the exact same arena.

3) Is the WWE's next great babyface.................Pat McAfee?

4) Felt bad for the Undertaker with the HOF roll-call. And that was after he did it the first night. He didn't look comfortable just waving to the crowd. I guess it was for the fans in attendance but after an incredible HOF speech on Friday the roll-call felt awkward.

5) I love Stone Cold and his match with Owens was fantastic for what it was. But I felt the story build up for this feud (an "epiphany? really?) wasn't great, and frankly neither was the initial talking segment on Saturday, seemed like both guys were nervous (not unexpected really given the circumstances) at first. But once the bell rung it all came together. There was a point in the match when Austin has this mean scowl on his face and you can tell by then he's really back in-character.

6) They made Cody Rhodes come across like a major star. I just hope they find a way to continue his momentum.

7) I'll say it now, while I'm a big fan of Lesnar, I find his matches kinda boring now and have for awhile. Maybe even going back to his squash of Cena at Summerslam. He's not the dynamic performer he was when he broke in. Much more formulaic now.

8) I'm still trying to warm up to Rollin's character (some of it is a bit too over the top), as far as in-ring work goes from main event level stars, he's the WWE's workhorse. He can get a quality match out of anyone.

9) Ronda Rousey could be the biggest female heel in the business if they wanted her to be.

10) Charlotte Flair needs to either evolve her character, or disappear from TV for a year or two. Where do you go from here with her? I can't see her ever being an effective babyface other than a return after prolonged absence. What stories does she have left to tell? Most world championships ever (men and women)? Heck at this rate she'll be that before WM 40.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seeing some pictures now, Reigns look like he blew out his left tricep (which is potentially just as bad or worse than dislocating the shoulder). I find it hard to believe he would even so much as lift his arm with the shoulder being out.

branimal84

..and that's why I kicked your leg outta your leg.
Mar 27, 2019
Ottawa
www.everyreadthing.com
Seeing some pictures now, Reigns look like he blew out his left tricep (which is potentially just as bad or worse than dislocating the shoulder). I find it hard to believe he would even so much as lift his arm with the shoulder being out.
Hopefully it isn't too serious. I'm not the biggest Reigns fan, but I would hate for a lengthy title reign like this to end with an injury.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just waiting for Cody's promo tonight in his suit

Glad they nailed his re-debut
You could probably script it yourself.

Dusty quote.
Left to prove himself.
Dusty reference.
Came back for unfinished business.
Dusty reference.
Random/awkward patriotism
Dusty reference.
Dusty reference.

o/u on # of times he says "business" is 3.5

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
50% of both nights were video packages, they didn't need two nights.

Some good matches but AEW gives just as good for free. I was debating on spending the $5 to get it but ultimately I'm not sure if it was worth my time. Glad Cody finally some place where they will cheer him.

Reactions: Grackle Party

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
She took a bunch of time off, came back at elimination chamber but they didn't have anything for her for Mania.

Imagine she shows up tomorrow or shortly afterward. Asuka and Bayley should be back soon too so more women to feud with.

Auska, Bayley, and Alexa all left off a two night show. WWE doesn't even know what to do with the talent they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00