NFL: Study says Bills have the most drunken fans and Bengals have the most sober fans

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It's not everyone's cup of tea, and probably not a great family idea. There's always the pumpkin farm though, where Buffalonians can really let loose. I, personally wouldn't return to an experience that I felt ungratifying either. To me that would be a bunch of sober people over-reacting to everything. ex: a pop concert.

I'll change my term anyone(my bad choice) to many.

Bottom line, let people do what they like(harmlessly). If it offends you avoid it, don't try to change their demographics to suit yourself. A huge modern problem.

I'm not offended. I don't get easily offended. They can do as they please. I don't have a family so that's not a concern. The team sucks and has for 15 years. If the team was good then I could understand the obnoxious behavior. But when they are bad its simply embarrassing. Going to football games in general isn't that fun. Its way better on TV now. That's a part of it. Also for most of the season around here the weather stinks. I would probably go to games at another stadium if I had the opportunity. I'd love to go to every stadium once and experience it then call it a day.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
After hearing this I can see why so many Bills fans don't want a stadium downtown. I think most are afraid the tailgating will change and they won't be able to get drunk before the game starts. I don't have a problem with people getting drunk at a game but my issue is the fights that seem to break out cause of it.

There isn't much room for a stadium downtown but if I were someone that loved going and partying it up I'd probably prefer this especially if I lived in the city or was staying in it for the weekend. Public transportation. Orchard park is in the middle of nowhere.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I'm not offended. I don't get easily offended. They can do as they please. I don't have a family so that's not a concern. The team sucks and has for 15 years. If the team was good then I could understand the obnoxious behavior. But when they are bad its simply embarrassing. Going to football games in general isn't that fun. Its way better on TV now. That's a part of it. Also for most of the season around here the weather stinks. I would probably go to games at another stadium if I had the opportunity. I'd love to go to every stadium once and experience it then call it a day.

I couldn't disagree more. Supporting your team with passion until they are relevant again should be revered.

If I lived next door to the stadium, I'd go every week. It's the funnest thing ever.

Weather is weather. 100 in July in Florida isn't much fun either.

Travel to other stadiums and criticize them and how much it stinks that your not home watching it on your tv all you like. Enjoy. You sound like my dad ffs.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Its way better on TV. First off there's so many breaks. Do you can turn it to the other game...or Redzone. Helps pass the time. Most sports on TB are awful(baseball, hockey and especially basketball) but football you can see the hits really good and the play. True you can't see the receivers run their routes initially but you do get to see the battle in the trenches which decides if that even matters.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I can understand the Cardinals being ranked #5 Pre 2008 Kurt Warner. I wonder if this study also included the fans and 'fans' of visiting teams that come in droves to a Cardinals game?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Life is filled with many escapes and getting drunk helps the pain associated with watching a ****** team play.

Alcohol does no good. It only creates problems. Granted I have a bias. I grew up in a house of an alcoholic. It might be an escape for them but it makes everyone else around them miserable.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Of course but getting drunk at sporting events is just another kind of poison for others to choose from. If it's not getting drunk at sporting events, it's getting high at a nightclub, or someone who gets high on life.

As the old saying goes, pick your poison.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
You'd think Raiders fans would maybe be at the top. I've been to New England, Tampa and Buffalo. Boston is obnoxious from the get go with their accents and all however the crowd was surprisingly quiet. Granted the Patriots were getting wrecked but at Bills games even when they suck the crowd is annoying. Tampa was bizarre. Lots of transplants so it felt like the road team had more interest and if the road team isn't popular I'm guessing games there are an awful experience with little interest.

It's bizarre you'd refer to Foxboro as "Boston", considering they are 35 minutes apart. When Al Michaels shows Faneuil Hall on Sunday night football he should finish his statement with "which we are nowhere near......"

But Gillette is now loaded with fair weather fans who don't actually like football, just the Patriots and the fact they are the most likely New England team to win each given year. They wouldn't have lasted a half hour in the old Sullivan Stadium with some of the reprobates who showed up there and the antics they would pull to entertain themselves while the Pats were getting regularly pounded.

I won free tickets to the old stadium in the early 90's. Someone just dropped a stadium in the middle of a Robert Frost poem. It lended itself to the need to be completely drunk to go there at the time. The Pats of course sucked and they were playing the Niners during their dynasty years and it might as well have been Candlestick with all the red and gold jackets.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I can understand the Cardinals being ranked #5 Pre 2008 Kurt Warner. I wonder if this study also included the fans and 'fans' of visiting teams that come in droves to a Cardinals game?

I believe there was a study not long ago that said they had the biggest bandwagon fans in the NFL. As soon as the team has a bad year interest falls off the map.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It's bizarre you'd refer to Foxboro as "Boston", considering they are 35 minutes apart. When Al Michaels shows Faneuil Hall on Sunday night football he should finish his statement with "which we are nowhere near......"

But Gillette is now loaded with fair weather fans who don't actually like football, just the Patriots and the fact they are the most likely New England team to win each given year. They wouldn't have lasted a half hour in the old Sullivan Stadium with some of the reprobates who showed up there and the antics they would pull to entertain themselves while the Pats were getting regularly pounded.

I won free tickets to the old stadium in the early 90's. Someone just dropped a stadium in the middle of a Robert Frost poem. It lended itself to the need to be completely drunk to go there at the time. The Pats of course sucked and they were playing the Niners during their dynasty years and it might as well have been Candlestick with all the red and gold jackets.

I'm aware its not Boston but I would guess a lot of Bostonians make up the crowd because there is no team actually located in Boston. They aren't the only team though that doesn't play in the city they'd be associated for. Hell the bills don't even play in buffalo lol. The Redskins don't even play in DC. The giants and jets aren't even in NY.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Giants have been to the NFC championship game 5 times...and won them all.

Combine with Super Bowls - 9 championships won - 1 lose ( 2000 Ravens )

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Giants have been to the NFC championship game 5 times...and won them all.

Combine with Super Bowls - 9 championships won - 1 lose ( 2000 Ravens )

The funny thing is only one time were they favored to win the title game and that was the one at home against Minnesota...then they got stomped lol. They were underdogs in every super bowl I'd say. Except for maybe the Denver one.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They may have been a slight favorite against Baltimore. I'm not sure. In retrospect that Super Bowl shows how much the league has changed. Two scrubs pretty much in Kerry Collins and Trent Dilfer lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad