NFL: Study says Bills have the most drunken fans and Bengals have the most sober fans

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...nals-have-drunkest-fanbase-nfc-west/75150412/

The Cardinals are leading the NFC West in more ways than one.

According to VinePair, the Cardinals have the drunkest fanbase in the NFC West and the fifth-drunkest fanbase in the entire NFL.

The Buffalo Bills unsurprisingly took the No. 1 spot in the NFL, and the Cincinnati Bengals were rated as the most sober.

VinePair's methodology is worth noting because it used data from BACtrack, a breathalyzer app, to get its BAC figures. VinePair used only used data compiled during Sundays of the NFL season and tied the ratings to Twitter's fan allegiance map.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Hmm. I know a few Bengals fans who say they stopped taking their kids to games due to their being a lot of drunks.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Buffalo comes as no surprise but Cincy being the lowest blows my mind. Just wouldn't expect it out of them. Maybe since they are good this year the fans want to remember the games? That could be it

Buffalo on average can barely drive...that's both hilarious and scary at the same time.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
New yorkers upstate or downstate are the worst drivers in the country.

Now it makes sense that blue collar cities would be towards the top. White collar like Dallas you have to go and show off. Lots of big suits at the games. Career guy can't get loaded. Upstate NY is not a very white collar region in general. The city is the only place in the state where there is a white collar culture.

Now the fascinating thing to me is they have amongst the highest prices in the league for beer.

You'd think Raiders fans would maybe be at the top. I've been to New England, Tampa and Buffalo. Boston is obnoxious from the get go with their accents and all however the crowd was surprisingly quiet. Granted the Patriots were getting wrecked but at Bills games even when they suck the crowd is annoying. Tampa was bizarre. Lots of transplants so it felt like the road team had more interest and if the road team isn't popular I'm guessing games there are an awful experience with little interest.

Bills fans in my experience are drunk and rude and you can't escape the drunkenness anywhere in that stadium. I'm not sure if its always been that way but now that the team has sucked this whole century, yeah I'd have to be blitzed to watch that. Upstate NY in general also has a drinking problem I've learned growing up here. But what do you expect I guess from a state that is hardcore into promoting wine?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
New yorkers upstate or downstate are the worst drivers in the country.

Now it makes sense that blue collar cities would be towards the top. White collar like Dallas you have to go and show off. Lots of big suits at the games. Career guy can't get loaded. Upstate NY is not a very white collar region in general. The city is the only place in the state where there is a white collar culture.

Now the fascinating thing to me is they have amongst the highest prices in the league for beer.

You'd think Raiders fans would maybe be at the top. I've been to New England, Tampa and Buffalo. Boston is obnoxious from the get go with their accents and all however the crowd was surprisingly quiet. Granted the Patriots were getting wrecked but at Bills games even when they suck the crowd is annoying. Tampa was bizarre. Lots of transplants so it felt like the road team had more interest and if the road team isn't popular I'm guessing games there are an awful experience with little interest.

Bills fans in my experience are drunk and rude and you can't escape the drunkenness anywhere in that stadium. I'm not sure if its always been that way but now that the team has sucked this whole century, yeah I'd have to be blitzed to watch that. Upstate NY in general also has a drinking problem I've learned growing up here. But what do you expect I guess from a state that is hardcore into promoting wine?

Gillette gets pretty quiet unless it's a mega game (like AFC title game). Complacency sets in after awhile, you are more likely to hear the fans boo the Patriots after a couple 3 and outs than anything else aside from the normal cheers for big plays that happens everywhere.

#BillsMafia is a whole 'nother ball game

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Gillette gets pretty quiet unless it's a mega game (like AFC title game). Complacency sets in after awhile, you are more likely to hear the fans boo the Patriots after a couple 3 and outs than anything else aside from the normal cheers for big plays that happens everywhere.

#BillsMafia is a whole 'nother ball game

The game I went to the Patriots actually got wrecked. The fans left by like the start of the 4th. It was a playoff game against Baltimore. If anything I was surprised by that. But I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. B squared might be the biggest sore loser I've ever seen in a coach.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The game I went to the Patriots actually got wrecked. The fans left by like the start of the 4th. It was a playoff game against Baltimore. If anything I was surprised by that. But I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. B squared might be the biggest sore loser I've ever seen in a coach.

In fairness I shut that game off too. Just a thorough beatdown.

That would be the one Rice went bananas yes?

And Belichick is a sore loser sometimes, other times he's not. Depends if he hates the guy (other coach) or not, really. Although on second thought I don't really know if it is accurate to call him a sore loser because he's a curmudgeon after victories too, so he kinda acts like a dick all the time.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
In fairness I shut that game off too. Just a thorough beatdown.

That would be the one Rice went bananas yes?

And Belichick is a sore loser sometimes, other times he's not. Depends if he hates the guy (other coach) or not, really. Although on second thought I don't really know if it is accurate to call him a sore loser because he's a curmudgeon after victories too, so he kinda acts like a dick all the time.

Yes that was. It was like 14-0 5 minutes into the game. I missed both TDs getting into the stadium lol.

He just doesn't say much when they lose. I've never heard him give the other team credit or anything. Granted when they win he's not really the most chipper guy or anything either but its obvious when they lose he's vastly more annoyed.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes that was. It was like 14-0 5 minutes into the game. I missed both TDs getting into the stadium lol.

He just doesn't say much when they lose. I've never heard him give the other team credit or anything. Granted when they win he's not really the most chipper guy or anything either but its obvious when they lose he's vastly more annoyed.

He is certainly even less patient with the media after losses than he normally is (tough for him to do), that is for sure. I can definitely see why he gets the "sore loser" vibe

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I will never understand why people get wasted at sporting events.

I don't get it either. I have a few beers before the game but never to the point of other people I'll see at games stumbling around with no clue what's going on or bent over in their seat puking their guts out. It's wasting money on a ticket if you're going to do that at the game.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Kind of surprising since the Bengals stadium has hands-down the best beer selection I've ever seen at a sports arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: