Post-Game Talk: Stuart Nearly Decaffeinates Oshie - Jets win 4-3 in a shootout over Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyTheJet

Oct 4, 2011
Toronto
I grew up playing hockey with Steen. Even when I was 12 I could tell he was going to be in the NHL. He was a great guy, and even humble when his mom dropped him off to River Heights rink in a Ferrari :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
let's do what we all love to do: continue to rag on the Toronto Maples Leaves for being consistent boneheads.

On November 24, 2008, Steen was traded by the Leafs, along with Carlo Colaiacovo, to the St. Louis Blues for Lee Stempniak

probably one of their more stupid trades, no?

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
I have to make the conclusion that Olli cannot cut his hair. The longer hair results into Youthful Olli which results into Boss Olli.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
It's fun to dream but he is away too good a player for the Blues to not get something done. he is one of my favorite players in the NHL and has been for a long time. when people use the word Hockey IQ they could put his picture beside it in the dictionary.

If he has to play for someone else I am glad the Blues fans get the pleasure. Very different vibe on the GDT, really classy group.

I agree........ the Blues should lock him up.......... but as I said B4 on HF boards out of all the Winnipegers we talked about signing (Toews,Zajak,Teemu) that I saw us signing Steen as the most possible to happen.

St louis is a well run organization, but they are also on the frugal side of the fence. If Steen puts up a monster season ( over a pt per game average) What does he have now 6 goals in 6 games this season..............HMMMMMMMMMMMM:snide:

Edit stats...7 goals and 4 assist in first 7 games.........

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Over 31 minutes TOI for Buff. Zoinks!

He really looks to be in much better shape this year, and is being really intelligent regarding when to move up in the play. Some very nice outlet passes last night as well. Good for the Jets, and making that Olympic case.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Funny true story at the game last night...................

We were down 3-1 and I told the friend that I Took to the game...." We are going to win 4-3 in a shoot-out 2night" and " that I really liked how we were takin the Body and checking 2night"..........it happened:nod:

Then just b4 the shoot-out started we made our predictions......I said "Peluso was going to win it for us in the 12 th round"................... when he came out in the 6 th round , I turned to my buddy and said " Is it the 12 th round of shooters allready"...........

Good on Jokinen to ice one for the team........ a few more games like this and I will buy him a Burger......... ( 1st goal, 3 hits:nod: and the game winning shootout goal)

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
An article in the Sun this morning mentioned how Wright has become the communial whipping boy among Jets faithful, and it made me wonder if they truly do read the threads here.

Oh they absolutely read here, Two first names has posted, and Jay Richardson has made direct references to what we've posted here (The rollercoaster is going up) and even made a couple of posts too.

meetingsdemotivator.jpg

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Oh they absolutely read here, Two first names has posted, and Jay Richardson has made direct references to what we've posted here (The rollercoaster is going up) and even made a couple of posts too.

That's kind of sad considering how knee-jerk things are around here ...

Last edited by a moderator:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

That's kind of sad considering how knee-jerk things are around here ...

um, this is the 21st century. the media gets paid to be extreme, emo, and knee-jerky. every story is fluff.
when's the last time you read a sports story that made you think?

even last night, players saying they started to bear down once Trouba was injured. these are pro athletes. does it really take a guy being wheeled off for them to start playing? and there was a delay between Trouba's injury and the Jets scoring 2 goals.

athletes and writers are the ultimate spin doctors.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
um, this is the 21st century. the media gets paid to be extreme, emo, and knee-jerky. every story is fluff.
when's the last time you read a sports story that made you think?

even last night, players saying they started to bear down once Trouba was injured. these are pro athletes. does it really take a guy being wheeled off for them to start playing? and there was a delay between Trouba's injury and the Jets scoring 2 goals.

athletes and writers are the ultimate spin doctors.

Yup. Media does nothing but stir stuff up most of the time. Oddly enough Lawless is the only one who ever goes outside the box with an article. Only the content usually riles up the masses.

I wouldn't even go so far as to call them exceptional spin doctors. They're spin doctors that aren't very good at spinning things for anyone who's looking haha

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This. I like a number of their players (especially Oshie), love the overall makeup of their team, and a really friendly group of fans to boot.

Great food there too! Hoping to make St. Louis my first destination for a Jets road game.

If you do, make sure you stop at Ted Drews. The absolute best frozen custard on the planet. And I`m not even an ice-cream loving guy. but this stuff......wow.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
On a slightly more serious note...

-Game was very strange. That corner was cursed. Buff blows a tire early. Boy, was that ever foreshadowing.

-Buff and Enstrom keep getting better. A handful of plays and camera angles really showcased Enstrom's skills. Great game for him and Buff.

-Starting to really notice how Pavs seems to get a little better the longer the game(or shootout) goes. Idk, if it's just me, but I feel late in games when we need a big save, he comes up clutch at the right time. Something I started to notice at the end of last year and tonight as well. If we can get through a 1st period with few mistakes, I feel Pavs is much more likely to bail us out, but early in games seem rough on him.

EDIT: Couple more things...
-Ladd was very good.
-Glad Kane was held accountable after his 5th penalty in 2 games.
-Not glad Wheeler has not been held accountable all year. He was atrocious early and then something just seemed to click. If it really is confidence, then he might be the most mentally weak player in the league. That or... idk...:dunno:
-Glad Noel took Kane off of the Little/Wheeler line. Just wasn't working for most of the game.
-Not glad it took Noel 3X as long to figure that out as I did. lol

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Cuz people don't want to hear it after a win...................but if I must ......."FIRE NOEL"

With a win tomorrow the Jets are 5-4 and you'll be saying they should extend him!;)

Pardy or Postma or both tomorrow?

Would leave Peluso in the line-up in Tangradi's spot, liked what he brought, some of you stats, guys (you know who you are) forget about the intangibles a guy like Peluso brings and his effect on the team.

So glad to hear that Trouba more than likely will be okay.

Where's the damn Jets/Thrashers GDT Y?:rant::naughty:

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I'll take the bait.

If the intangible doesn't return better in better goals or shots... it can only be worth so much. (note: not saying worthless; key difference)

That's not me pooping on Peluso, just the general idea of "intangibles".

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'll take the bait.

If the intangible doesn't return better in better goals or shots... it can only be worth so much. (note: not saying worthless; key difference)

I was getting at the fact that the team plays bigger with him in the line-up, I also think he energizes the team, sure his contribution doesn't show up in personal stat's but I think he was at the very least a small part of Friday's win.

PS

I do appreciate your posts, no diss with the stats comment!:D

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I was getting at the fact that the team plays bigger with him in the line-up, I also think he energizes the team, sure his contribution doesn't show up in personal stat's but I think he was at the very least a small part of Friday's win.

PS

I do appreciate your posts, no diss with the stats comment!:D

Peluso played a good game yesterday I thought. Just had to take the bait :P

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I'll take the bait.

so f'ing tired of this Peluso bandwagon. he provides nothing but imaginary benefits. the more he sits, the happier i am.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
so f'ing tired of this Peluso bandwagon. he provides nothing but imaginary benefits. the more he sits, the happier i am.

So you think Tangradi or Thorburn provide more than Peluso, I would have said Wright as well but his is pretty good on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad