Post-Game Talk: Stuart Nearly Decaffeinates Oshie - Jets win 4-3 in a shootout over Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Wow Clitsome was terrible. Two goals were his fault, out of position not covering the back door play. This is a recurring theme.

I don't know if the video showed it, but Steen and another Blues player helped the guys push the stretcher onto the ice.

How great would it be if Steen signed with the jets next year..

bazaaa*

I missed the first period, but Jets played very good from what I saw.
Those two goals were terribel giveways and really no chance for Pavs.
I also heard about a few posts.
So how were the Jets in the first? Good? Okay? Lucky they weren't down by more?

bazaaa*

Byfuglien with one of his best games I've seen in the past couple of seasons.

Hopefully it sticks the whole year. Remember how good he was the first half of last year? He carried the whole team at times.
He has that Kane passion, but you don't see it nearly as much.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Steen might the missing piece of the Jets puzzle!

Sorry hommey's Steen is our boy lol, no but seriously good game tonight. Your boys played hard, didn't give up on themselves and earned that victory :handclap:. They definitely deserved it, and even though it felt like a kick in the gut losing a 2 goal lead in the last 5 minutes of regulation if it had to go down that way I'm glad it was against a classy team with cool and classy fans like the Jets. I hope Trouba is okay and it's just a stinger he suffered, hockey is such a great game but I hate to see men carried off the ice like that. Hopefully he makes a quick and most importantly full recovery.

Till our teams meet again hommey's great game :yo:

Last edited:
Reactions: BadNewsBlues

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
Sorry hommey's Steen is our boy lol, no but seriously good game tonight. Your boys played hard, didn't give up on themselves and earned that victory :handclap:. They definitely deserved it, and even though it felt like a kick in the gut losing a 2 goal lead in the last 5 minutes of regulation if it had to go down that way I'm glad it was against a classy team with cool and classy fans like the Jets. I hope Trouba is okay and it's just a stinger he suffered, hockey is such a great game but I hate to see men carried off the ice like that. Hopefully me makes a quick and most importantly full recovery.

Till our teams meet again hommey's great game :yo:

Blues fans have always been very classy. If we can't make it, I hope you guys do this year.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Blues fans have always been very classy. If we can't make it, I hope you guys do this year.

This. I like a number of their players (especially Oshie), love the overall makeup of their team, and a really friendly group of fans to boot.

Great food there too! Hoping to make St. Louis my first destination for a Jets road game.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
This. I like a number of their players (especially Oshie), love the overall makeup of their team, and a really friendly group of fans to boot.

Great food there too! Hoping to make St. Louis my first destination for a Jets road game.

MMMmmm Smoked St Louis...................Style Dry Rub Ribs. ;)

Well I know what I am throwing on the ole BBQ smoker tomorrow...

Fun aside, Blues showed some class, and it was refreshing...same thing with their fans popping in for a friendly comment. Not like those other guys that are in the "center" of Canada and wear Blue and White, those guys are approaching crazy soccer fan status.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Watching the game right now. Nasty fall for Trouba; glad he's going to be ok.
Anyone care to explain the title of the thread to me? Maybe I haven't gotten to that point in the game yet.

Edit - Never mind. Just caught it, haha.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I would also like to say I really liked the passion the fans in attendance showed, the ELLIOT! chants were outstanding lol. I got NHL Vault so I'm gonna go back now and watch your season opener. Always been a Blues fan, and somewhat of a Devils, but I lost interest in NJ over the years, never had a favorite Canadian team before but the Jets might just be it.

Reactions: BadNewsBlues

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looks to me like Wheeler is coming out of his early season funk. Looked to be skating a lot better the last half of the game. With this will come confidence, and with that will come the ability to make plays again.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I would also like to say I really liked the passion the fans in attendance showed, the ELLIOT! chants were outstanding lol. I got NHL Vault so I'm gonna go back now and watch your season opener. Always been a Blues fan, and somewhat of a Devils, but I lost interest in NJ over the years, never had a favorite Canadian team before but the Jets might just be it.

Blues are my pick to win the cup this year. Very good team you have there

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I missed the first period, but Jets played very good from what I saw.
Those two goals were terribel giveways and really no chance for Pavs.
I also heard about a few posts.
So how were the Jets in the first? Good? Okay? Lucky they weren't down by more?

Actually I don't think they played as bad as some here say. The first three goals of the game were kind of...unusual. I think the affair was fairly competitive. Somewhat in the Blues favor, but we weren't dominated. Ultimately our goaltender was better. To me, against a very good Blues team, it was an encouraging game.

My record at MTS is a silly 11-1-1 now. Unreal. Of course in previous seasons I tended to buy cheaper tickets to games vs. middling/low teams, but hey. :)

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
09fd.png

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Happy we won.
I'll post more about the game tomorrow but some quick hitters.

Halischuk had a great back checking play, loved it.

The Trouba incident was scary. That's all I'll say.

Loved that Peluso got an opportunity on the shoot out. People have talked about his ability in practice. Thoug he missed I liked that he was able to earn that chance.

Buff looked good. Played physical.

Thought bogo had one of his better games for the most part.

Olli looked good for a change, as did Kane which is to be expected.

Obviously I'm missing stuff. To be honest I'm drunk and giving overall impressions.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

-wpgsilver, how much is membership for the Peluso fan club? I'm in. :sarcasm: In all seriousness, I really liked what he brought today. To me, he is the definition of an energy line player. Plays fast, throws checks, drives hard to the net. He made an impact in his limited ice time. Don't get me started on him being selected in the shootout ....

You're signed up!
Glad to have you on board, I'll schedule you for the "I <3 Peluso" tattoo for Monday! :yo:

In Claude's defence Tony is apparently one of the better Jets in practice, and has been since we grabbed him. So it's not THAT nuts.

I'm just glad people are seeing he can contribute something.

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Jacob Trouba @JacobTrouba
Thanks for the support. If you were wondering, the boards are not edible. I'll be back soon. #gojetsgo

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Here are some of my thoughts about the game tonight:

Really hope Trouba is okay and wish him all the best in his recovery. Same goes with Stuart. Stuart has been playing better recently, especially considering he has a different D partner almost every game.

I think playing 27 minutes tonight will help Clitsome shake off some of that rust. He has just not looked good since returning from injury and has only played 4 games so far this season. I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. Give him some time and hopefully he can rebuild his confidence from last year.

Thought Ladd and Frolik had a good game, though I didn't like Frolik's shot selection from the boards in today's game.

Cormier and Peluso played okay and didn't look out of place tonight. Neither player had a big impact on the game, but playing Peluso in the shootout was very surprising and had me cursing :laugh:.

Wright played very well on the PK tonight and thought he deserves some recognition.

Wow, glad Olli still has his shot as he proved in the shootout. Against Montreal his shots were soft and slow with no whip to them. Actually, now that I think of it, his goal tonight was exactly like that that but the puck went in!

Buff and Enstrom are incredible. While both are not without their faults, they consistently play well in the offensive zone and on the breakout/rush.

I'll admit, I didn't have much hope for the Jets tonight and even less so, when the Blues went up 2-1 and then 3-1. Really happy for the win tonight and hopefully we can continue to improve our play as we can all agree that the Jets have yet to play their best.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I've attended a Cardinals game there. Great ballpark, great fans and great city!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Can we pause for a second and ask WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WAS PELUSO THE FIFTH CHOICE FOR THE SHOOTOUT?

Also, what a comeback. Won it for Trouba

"coach, i swear to you, before they put me on waivers, i'd score against Elliot during every practice. don't you dare think of putting Scheifele, a dumb rookie, into the shoot-out. swear i won't fan on my shot, coach. swear!"

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
How great would it be if Steen signed with the jets next year..

Steen might the missing piece of the Jets puzzle!

It's fun to dream but he is away too good a player for the Blues to not get something done. he is one of my favorite players in the NHL and has been for a long time. when people use the word Hockey IQ they could put his picture beside it in the dictionary.

If he has to play for someone else I am glad the Blues fans get the pleasure. Very different vibe on the GDT, really classy group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->