Post-Game Talk: Stuart Nearly Decaffeinates Oshie - Jets win 4-3 in a shootout over Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Tangradi, yes.

Tangradi: 7 games played, points: 1, +/-: -3 see what you mean, he is a difference maker or unless you were eluding to his stellar play last season, 36 games, points: 4, +/-: -4 and a scintillating 2.3% shooting percentage, deadly!:shakehead

The only thing that differentiates Tangradi from the rest of the guys playing of his ilk but plying their trade in the AHL is his size.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Tangradi: 7 games played, points: 1, +/-: -3 see what you mean, he is a difference maker or unless you were eluding to his stellar play last season, 36 games, points: 4, +/-: -4 and a scintillating 2.3% shooting percentage, deadly!:shakehead

The only thing that differentiates Tangradi from the rest of the guys playing of his ilk but plying their trade in the AHL is his size.

That 2.3% isn't a detractor of him as you know that's too low to not regress up, even if he's no better than a replacement level player or AHL talent.

+/- is terrible so I'll just show what +/- would look like if it actually was predictive instead of just descriptive :)

All shot attempts (ie: Corsi):
Jets with Tangradi on ice +66/-51 => 56.4%
Jets without Tangradi +269/-304 => 46.9%

Remove blocks (ie: Fenwick):
Tangradi +51/-37 => 58%
Jets w/o +199/227 => 46.7%

Just shots on goal:
Tangradi +35/-27 => 56.5%
Jets w/o +136/-162 => 45.6%

He ain't perfect and no bottom 6 guy is, hence why they are bottom 6. But when it comes to keeping the puck in the other teams zone he's pretty good.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
First game that I was at this year. You get a different perspective at the rink. I was able to watch James Wright play quite a bit. He seemed way more effective and determined on the ice than I would have thought possible reading the HF threads. I can understand why is a regular in our bottom six.

The Jets played an entirely different game in the third period. Why can't they play the whole game like they desperately need to score? I still don't understand the system that we are playing. It really appears that we are playing not to lose, much like my beloved Bombers. I watched the Sharks game tonight. They are relentless, PP, PK and 5 on 5. How I wish the Jets could play like that.

Great win for the Jets, but I can see us really struggling going forward unless there is a change in mindset behind the bench.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
and that is all..

People can feel that way.
I'm not gonna argue anymore. If someone watches him play and maintains he's not an NHL player it's because they choose to see him in that light. Nothing is gonna change that.

And even if he just brings joy, that's why I watch hockey.
Joy is enough for me.
Rather have a loser I love, then a winner I hate.
Peluso adds to MY enjoyment. Others don't have to agree, but I watch for my enjoyment.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
so f'ing tired of this Peluso bandwagon. he provides nothing but imaginary benefits. the more he sits, the happier i am.

Because you watch a player and think "I like the way he is playing. I think he is doing what is required of him in his role. I hope he plays more" you are somehow on a 'bandwagon'. OK, gotcha. The bottom six on this team has hovered anywhere from brutal to absolutely abysmal. Peluso's skating, hitting, and puckhandling is miles above what Thorburn can bring, and that is with very limited NHL experience. I never even mentioned fighting. But, yeah, hopefully he sits and Thorburn comes back and plays more.

Ridiculous.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tangradi, yes.

I like Tangradi, but I understand why they benched him last game. I was very disappointed with his lack of skating and effort in the previous game.

Peluso is fine in the line-up on the fourth line. I actually think that there is room for both Tangradi and Peluso, especially against certain teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad