Post-Game Talk: Stuart Nearly Decaffeinates Oshie - Jets win 4-3 in a shootout over Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Recent Trouba status update / tweet:

Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets)
2013-10-19 3:28:21 AM
"Trouba is still getting evaluated but he's good. He's just getting tested but I think everything's fine." - Noel on Trouba

Nice to hear.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just got home from the game...now that was exciting. Our top 3 d played some really solid hockey, and Pavs had a good game. We may not have deserved it, but it was a gut check win. It is sounding like Trouba will be okay. All is good.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Jets 3rd goal... a cross ice pass!
Other teams do it all the time, but how many of those do we ever see from the Jets. Definitely a missing piece of the puzzle.
Incorporate that play more often and we`ll score a lot more goals this season.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Some good games by a few key players in the Fenwick department (all shot attempts minus blocks):

Enstrom +19/-9
Wheeler +17/-8
Little +19/-11
Kane +19/-13
Byfuglien +18/-15
Bogosian +19/-17

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
That goal to tie up the game, wow what a smart goal. The players recognized that the Blues were tired and collapsed towards the net, so they started playing it like a PP instead of just blasting it. They knew the Blues weren't going to come out to the points. Smart smart play.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wow. That was pretty much the full gamut of emotions in one game.

There were plenty of negatives, and the Jets picked up two points they really had no business earning. But let's focus on the positives:

-Not much else to say about Buff's game that hasn't already been said. He looked like a man possessed, not a hint of hesitation or indecision. Something a few Jets could learn from (*cough* Clitsome! *cough*).

-Toby was outstanding as well (what else is new).

-Wheeler didn't have a great start, but he was starting to show glimmers of his old self in the 2nd. By the time the 3rd rolled around, he was playing like "Angry Blake". I love Angry Blake. :D

-Stu is what he is, but I thought he was something of a calming force back there tonight. Just made the simple, safe plays and showed a willingness to be physical vs. the Blues hulking forwards.

-wpgsilver, how much is membership for the Peluso fan club? I'm in. :sarcasm: In all seriousness, I really liked what he brought today. To me, he is the definition of an energy line player. Plays fast, throws checks, drives hard to the net. He made an impact in his limited ice time. Don't get me started on him being selected in the shootout though...

I'll ***** about the negatives tomorrow when I've come off the high from this win. What a comeback!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
IMG_5886-300x208.jpg

Coach Claude Noel post-game scrum updated Trouba's status and spoke about the game at length.

To listen click here.

Jets-beat-Blues-podcast-from-Pressbox-300x200.jpg

Host Michael Remis and Analyst Richard Pollock break down the Jets play against the Blues.

To listen click here.

Jets-beat-Blues-in-shootout-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

For above click here.

Last edited:

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Great game! Great win!

Of course there was never any doubt as to the outcome ;)

Top bets on this Outcome
Bet placed by Amount staked Odds Amount won
peg 1192 100/100 (1.00) 1192

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Nice to get the 2 points but our GA has to come down, if we want to make the playoffs.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I think that's the loudest I've heard the MTS Centre in a long time.

I hope Trouba comes back soon. I didn't even feel like watching the game after that.

Byfuglien with one of his best games I've seen in the past couple of seasons.

I love Enstrom's shot. It's hard and accurate. Byfuglien has the power, but Enstrom has really good accuracy with his shot.

Clitsome ***** the bed again for three games in a row.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Just rewatching the second intermission and Lawless touched on how Noel seems impassive behind the bench then went on to explain that he can get as hot as any coach in the national league. Does anyone else think he browses this forum for content? He always seems to bring up points that are being strongly discussed here. Perhaps he's just a really good reporter with a strong grasp on what's going on with the team? We'll never know. I like to think he's secretly reading our GDTs furiously scribbling down notes.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Just rewatching the second intermission and Lawless touched on how Noel seems impassive behind the bench then went on to explain that he can get as hot as any coach in the national league. Does anyone else think he browses this forum for content? He always seems to bring up points that are being strongly discussed here. Perhaps he's just a really good reporter with a strong grasp on what's going on with the team? We'll never know. I like to think he's secretly reading our GDTs furiously scribbling down notes.

yea, like Reeta Skeeter...

rita-skeeter-o.gif

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
That Ladd goal on the shoot out was a thing of beauty. :handclap:

Yeah, that was an absolutely perfect shot. Not top corner where the goalie has a chance to get a glove on it, but right above the right elbow where the goalie has no chance.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

More than a few times I've posted stats regarding the Jets that he talked about during hustler and lawless. He follows me too.

I don't mind it at all. It's not a huge deal.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
That goal to tie up the game, wow what a smart goal. The players recognized that the Blues were tired and collapsed towards the net, so they started playing it like a PP instead of just blasting it. They knew the Blues weren't going to come out to the points. Smart smart play.

Also, great job getting traffic in front of Elliot. I don't think he got a clear look at Enstrom's shot. EDIT: Okay, just saw the replay from a reverse angle, he actually had a clean view. Toby just blew it by him.

Ok so this might have been my prediction this morning! :p:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=72820389&postcount=38

Ha! Nailed it.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

You think, we all know Ricky peruses our threads, I would guess when the various Winnipeg sports media reference the Jets being mentioned on the interweb that they are taking about HFBoards Jets.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You think, we all know Ricky peruses our threads, I would guess when the various Winnipeg sports media reference the Jets being mentioned on the interweb that they are taking about HFBoards Jets.

An article in the Sun this morning mentioned how Wright has become the communial whipping boy among Jets faithful, and it made me wonder if they truly do read the threads here.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I must say Buff and Enstrom were absolutely unreal tonight.

Thank God Trouba appears ok.

Bogo better on the right side

I really wish my stream had not quit with 4 minutes left in the third...argh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad