Waived: Stu Bickel(Cleared);assigned to AHL

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
He is the worst player I've ever seen hone the NYR sweater. How he got that long of a a leash, along with a 1-way 2nd yr contract is beyond me. Everyone except management saw how brutal he was.

I think he was envisioned to be something of a player-enforcer, the way we wanted Rupp and Asham to be.

the problem is that Rupp wasn't winning fights, StuBick wasn't playing defense well enough to be a #6, and Asham's back gave out. combine that with the fighting simply not galvanizing our players the way it did last year, and all 3 have lost their usefulness.

In Disgust

Oct 25, 2010
I'm baffled that it took this long to dump that mobile block of concrete. Now if we can shake off our other concrete boots.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Yo "Da Goon" Was it you who said that Clarkson is going to be a Ranger after the off-season? So there is our answer. We won't be soft anymore.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Yo "Da Goon" Was it you who said that Clarkson is going to be a Ranger after the off-season? So there is our answer. We won't be soft anymore.

Clarktard would never come to NY, and if he did, it would be the biggest embarrassment since, well, signing Asham. I get why Devils fans love him, but I really ****ing hate that guy.

Of course, signing him and letting Torts "Avery" him would be quite entertaining. Sean DID say Clarky would finish his career in the AHL....

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Bickel was limited in his abilities but at least he hustled and last yr when he got minutes he brought toughness to the ice so I respect him for that and wish him luck. I think it's for the best given his struggles but I'll be damned if I take an ounce of pleasure from it. This team lacks heart and is soft as hell. Watching krieder getting pushed around the other night without sticking up for himself was sad given his size. That's why you need some grit on the team to establish an identity. We have the gutless beaver swimming in cash playing with no effort and that's the problem not Bickel.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Clarkson has turned into a really good player. He's not playing on a team loaded with talent. He's got good hands and yeah I hate him too but if he were to sign with the Rangers in the off season before the year is out I suspect he'll have a lot of converts of Rangers fans who used to hate him.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember it being about 1 Kreider against like 4 Panthers?

Not saying he has to drop em but he put his head down and morphed into a human piñata. It's all to familiar this yr especially after last yrs team who despite mostly the same guys played with much more grit and 100% more entertaining to watch.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
This team lacks heart and is soft as hell. Watching krieder getting pushed around the other night without sticking up for himself was sad given his size. That's why you need some grit on the team to establish an identity. We have the gutless beaver swimming in cash playing with no effort and that's the problem not Bickel.
I see this mentioned a lot. Bickel played 16 games this year (!), and they weren't any tougher with him on the ice. He won't be missed in the least.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
I see this mentioned a lot. Bickel played 16 games this year (!), and they weren't any tougher with him on the ice. He won't be missed in the least.

We need a guy who can play top 9 min and drop em. Bickel saw little ice to make impact. I have no problem with his demotion just the make up of this team. We will be abused in playoffs.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
We need a guy who can play top 9 min and drop em. Bickel saw little ice to make impact. I have no problem with his demotion just the make up of this team. We will be abused in playoffs.
Oh yeah, I mostly agree with that. I don't thinking dropping the gloves is the only way to improve toughness. We could be tougher all the way around (pushing guys out of the crease, not getting manhandled in the offensive zone, things like that don't have anything to do with fighting). With or without Bickel, this is a major problem. So **** him, is where I'm at, basically.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Agreed but our d doesn't play with bite which is fine given they are great but you have to make up for that somewhere IMO. I don't think torts has a clue what he wants in his fourth line. Our bottom six are softer tan our top six who are soft to begin with. Wtf is going on here!

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011

Fighters do nothing in the playoffs

Punxrocknyc19*

Boyle hasn't been the same since a fighter did nothing to him in the playoffs. I'm not promoting bringing in goons but players that can fight never hurt.

Chris Neil was more effective than Matt Carkner.. Carkner just did something stupid and is a bad hockey player. he is nothing special..he was drafted in 99 and didnt play in the NHL on a regular basis till 10 years later in 2009.. he is just a more skilled Stu Bickel.. it took him 10 years to make the NHL after he was drafted :help::laugh:

Punxrocknyc19*

Chris Neil is one of the best 3rd liners in the league.

i know. i wish the Rangers would get a player like him instead of a tough guy who cant skate or gets hurt too much.... :help: this is a need with NYR as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad