Waived: Stu Bickel(Cleared);assigned to AHL

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
can someone confirm how much salary can be buried in the AHL

so for example Haley and Bickel are in CT. is it each individual contract can be under a certain amount and not count on the cap or a total dollar figure of both contracts?

So Haley right now does not count on the NHL cap but with Bickel down will the Rangers get hit a bit on the cap?

next yr I would think Haley can be a spare and Bickel in the minors

PER IMMONEN ON THE CT BOARD. STU IN CT ALREADY, GOOD

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14s
NYR Stu Bickel clears waivers. Will play for CT today.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Prust was the best one we had since Darren Langdon.. although Barnaby wasnt bad here during the dark years :help:

Was thinking more recent.
And Prust was a fantastic surprise, but he wasn't brought in to be a designated fighter, he's a tough, gritty player, or by no means a heavy weight.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
$900,000. Bickel has a $750,000 cap hit. Bickel playing in the AHL takes remaining cap hit off books..

thanks, so its per player? Meaning Bickel is under but when you add Bickel AND Haley are the Rangers over NEXT yr as Haley has a one way then

Faxius

Dec 28, 2006
can someone confirm how much salary can be buried in the AHL

so for example Haley and Bickel are in CT. is it each individual contract can be under a certain amount and not count on the cap or a total dollar figure of both contracts?

So Haley right now does not count on the NHL cap but with Bickel down will the Rangers get hit a bit on the cap?

next yr I would think Haley can be a spare and Bickel in the minors

PER IMMONEN ON THE CT BOARD. STU IN CT ALREADY, GOOD

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14s
NYR Stu Bickel clears waivers. Will play for CT today.

900.000 on 1-way contracts

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
The dislike for this guy is way overblown by Ranger fans.

He never impacted a game so positively or so negatively while here to deserve any kind of passionate reaction either way.

The way I see it, it's just piling on by frustrated NYR fans, who have to have a whipping boy to vent on.

Punxrocknyc19*

He never impacted a game so positively or so negatively while here to deserve any kind of passionate reaction either way.

The way I see it, it's just piling on by frustrated NYR fans, who have to have a whipping boy to vent on.

he stunk but he always stuck up for teammates.. just didnt have any skill and was a dumb hockey player...not smart at all. at least he showed he cared..

*Bob Richards*

Agree with all of this. Stu might be the least talented hockey player I have ever seen but he was never on ice nearly enough to "showcase" it.

Hell, his most memorable moments here are probably his fight with Carter in that opening faceoff and his whopping 3 minutes of ice time in Game 3 vs. Washington. Good ol' Sad Stu.

Less known but probably his crowning achievement should be that sick glove save he had against Ottawa during the playoffs. Stu actually bailed out Hank.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
I agree with your assessment om sticking up for teammates,

But wasnt this the same fan base that wanted to see him play more in the playoffs and clamoring that Torts was being unfair giving him two minutes or less a a game ?

He appeared in 51 games last year in one of the NYR most successful seasons and all of a sudden he is dumb, useless and talentless. That's far fetched. Is he a NHLer ? Probably not but the adjectives to describe him are way too dramatic for a guy who makes infinitesimal impact on the ice.

he stunk but he always stuck up for teammates.. just didnt have any skill and was a dumb hockey player...not smart at all. at least he showed he cared..

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Lets think about it this way instead guys....

Maybe Bickel is actually a really good hockery player, and hasnt had the time nor atmosphere to develop properly...

Maybe playing on the Whale will actually help him with his Hockey IQ. The guy isn't terrible, but isn't really worth anything either.. So what does it hurt to just let the guy develop? Hell, maybe he's worth a cheapie AHL contract when he is due for an extension.... Who knows.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Generally I agree with you but Stu is at best a spare part and our collective spare parts have let the team down and he's probably the least talented of them. Stu needed to improve this year--he hasn't. He was easy to dump.

What I'm not particularly happy about here is the lack of depth at forward and how soft this team is throughout the lineup. Bickel could have been useful if he had taken another step forward. I don't know what he did in his off season but he seemed to get worse this year.

Kershaw

He got deked out of his jockstrap many times. Turned the puck over blatantly in own end. He did have an alright breakout pass but he is a very stupid hockey player.

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
But wasnt this the same fan base that wanted to see him play more in the playoffs and clamoring that Torts was being unfair giving him two minutes or less a a game ?

I think it was more about giving our top 4/5 D-men a rest instead of killing them in the playoffs than it was about giving Bickel a fair shot.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Lets think about it this way instead guys....

Maybe Bickel is actually a really good hockery player, and hasnt had the time nor atmosphere to develop properly...

Maybe playing on the Whale will actually help him with his Hockey IQ. The guy isn't terrible, but isn't really worth anything either.. So what does it hurt to just let the guy develop? Hell, maybe he's worth a cheapie AHL contract when he is due for an extension.... Who knows.

Stu is 26 years old and will be 27 at the start of next season. He's older than a lot of the defensive "vets" in the organization, both in New York and in Hartford. People forget that a played for the Whale for a while before getting his chance and bounced around the minors for a few years before the Rangers picked him up. He was reasonably effective in Hartford, and could be again, bit I don't see him moving forward in his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad