Waived: Stu Bickel(Cleared);assigned to AHL

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Stu needed to get better this year and he didn't. That failure to improve marginalized his role on the team and he hasn't fit in. Not much of a loss at this point. I can think of 3 more guys for the waiver wire--Boyle (he will get picked up), Pyatt (he will probably get picked up) and Gilroy. At this point we might be better off using call ups from the AHL or Fasth, Lindberg than any of them.

Drewbackatu*

Stu needed to get better this year and he didn't. That failure to improve marginalized his role on the team and he hasn't fit in. Not much of a loss at this point. I can think of 3 more guys for the waiver wire--Boyle (he will get picked up), Pyatt (he will probably get picked up) and Gilroy. At this point we might be better off using call ups from the AHL or Fasth, Lindberg than any of them.

They'll be a snowstorm in July before they waive Boyle or even Pyatt.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
They'll be a snowstorm in July before they waive Boyle or even Pyatt.

Maybe--but I believe that Boyle's days with this team are numbered unless he pulls a real rabbit out of the hat. He's let his team down this year the way I see it. As of now I don't expect he will be back next year.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
And for what it's worth, I hope he passes and is assigned to the AHL. Get a D man down there to protect the prospects, especially once The Wrath is called up.

Drewbackatu*

Maybe--but I believe that Boyle's days with this team are numbered unless he pulls a real rabbit out of the hat. He's let his team down this year the way I see it. As of now I don't expect he will be back next year.

You gotta think that a player producing one whole goal while playing significant minutes in 25 games would have a problem being on the roster next year.

*Bob Richards*

And for what it's worth, I hope he passes and is assigned to the AHL. Get a D man down there to protect the prospects, especially once The Wrath is called up.

I find myself liking this way more than Undertaker.

Apr 10, 2012
have to think about the 2nd year cap. i don't mind one way or the other. he'd probably help out the whale a lot this season, but then there's also the fact that "the wrath"(i liked that better than the undertaker as well) may pick up some bad things from him... and that'd be baaaad

*Bob Richards*

I feel like Girardi averages more ice time in one game than Stu has accumulated this entire season.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Some of you have short memories..He played lots last year on the number 1 team in the East..He stuck up for team mates never giving it a second thought..I liked having him as a 6th or 7th d man.

*Bob Richards*

Some of you have short memories..He played lots last year on the number 1 team in the East..He stuck up for team mates never giving it a second thought..I liked having him as a 6th or 7th d man.

I'm uneasy with him as a 7th D-Man. Having him in a starting role is not okay.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I can just see Gorton (who looks like a very friendly/agreeable person) growing a goatee, stroking it, laughing maniacally.

Or Sather via skype from the hospital like a modern version of the manager from Major League.

I'm picturing Sather as George Sr. from Arrested Development, talking with his guys over webcam and later using a surrogate.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown

Steve Eminger is way ahead of Stu Bickel as is Hamrlik. Him and Gilroy battle it out for the 8th spot. I'm guessing Gilroy won. We don't need 9 defensemen.

He was fine last year when Girardi and McD played MEGA minutes and were out of their minds. Also he definitely benefited considering how tough last year's team was with a not worthless Rupp, Prust and Dubinsky. This team is Charmin soft. No use for tough, talentless middleweights.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I find myself liking this way more than Undertaker.

have to think about the 2nd year cap. i don't mind one way or the other. he'd probably help out the whale a lot this season, but then there's also the fact that "the wrath"(i liked that better than the undertaker as well) may pick up some bad things from him... and that'd be baaaad

Just remember where you heard it first. :naughty:

I don't think we have to worry about McIlrath picking up bad habits from Stu, especially not while Beuk is down there mentoring him. And Bickel, for what it's worth, is a really good fighter. Him and MCI (it works because it's how his name starts, and it also means Multiple Casualty Incidence:yo:) working together might not be a bad thing.

Kershaw

Stu Bickel was more useless than John Scott. Glad the Bickel Experiment seems to have ended.

He is the worst player I've ever seen hone the NYR sweater. How he got that long of a a leash, along with a 1-way 2nd yr contract is beyond me. Everyone except management saw how brutal he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad