Dreger: "Strong Interest" in Tyler Bozak

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
For the record i like bozak. I didnt at first as I despise kessel and hated the country club. bozak without kessel made me afan of his. he was a decent leader,chipped ingoals and was great on draws. at 4 mil he was a tad over paid. if he would take 2.5 for two years id love to have him back. any team that gives him four or five is dumb. Esp since hes 32

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Of course there is. Hes a centre.

I think hes got at least three good years in him yet. He can still skate and win faceoffs. His scoring is about as good as it ever was.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
For the record i like bozak. I didnt at first as I despise kessel and hated the country club. bozak without kessel made me afan of his. he was a decent leader,chipped ingoals and was great on draws. at 4 mil he was a tad over paid. if he would take 2.5 for two years id love to have him back. any team that gives him four or five is dumb. Esp since hes 32

For the amount of offense he bring 4.25m wasnt overpaid at all.

2.5 gets you a borderline 4th line player.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
God, I hope he resigns.

Can't wait to see his resignation before he walks out the door one last time. If he won't work on his (defensive) weaknesses he can go somewhere else. Then again, I expect all players to be defensively responsible.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's a decent middle line center that can chip in offensively and win faceoffs. He's pretty average to sub par defensively. Very good on shootouts.

He'll probably get a cap hit of around 5M for 3-5 years AT LEAST. I don't see him taking less.

lids19

Jan 29, 2008
He's been a descent player for us. But he's not going to be worth the money and term he'll receive in free agency.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
It’s MLSE’s cap, what Dubas and they do is up to them. I’d Bozak returns on a team friendly deal it will be for at least 4 million a year.

no its the salary cap, we have no cap lol. hes not returning unless he takes half his salary and two years. dont argue as cleary you hae zero idea what youre talking about lmao

BOZAK IS WORTH 4, WE CANT AFFORD 4 BECAUSE OF THE SALARY CAP, WE OFFER 2.5 for 2 years so his family can stay here and he can finish the job...very very easy to understand

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If we add Bozak I believe Tanev stays in Vancouver. The team was "apparently" exploring a Tanev for a playmaking Center. If we fill that need via free agency tho I suspect Tanev stays to ease one of Juolevi or Hughes into the next season.

Bozak isn’t a playmaker, he relies on linemates for his offence.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
He looked terrible at times this year. He can put up points and win faceoffs but he was our worst defensive forward by far. He can be very frustrating and is certainly in decline.

Anyone who gives him term will regret it.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
no its the salary cap, we have no cap lol. hes not returning unless he takes half his salary and two years. dont argue as cleary you hae zero idea what youre talking about lmao

BOZAK IS WORTH 4, WE CANT AFFORD 4 BECAUSE OF THE SALARY CAP, WE OFFER 2.5 for 2 years so his family can stay here and he can finish the job...very very easy to understand

You’re wrong. We actually have quite a bit of cap space assuming Tavares doesn’t sign with us.

If you’re going to belittle other posters you might want to try to use at least basic grammar.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Patrick Berglund is a better option for StL than Tyler Bozak. Both are decent enough defensively, but
Blues need scoring, and Berglund is a much better finisher. Bozak would be redundant, and swapping them out would be a downgrade in just about every measurable sense. And I say this in spite of desperately wanting to deal Berglund for just about anything we can get for him.
Bozak is weak defensively. When he first broke into the league he played a sound 2-way game but once he got with Kessel and JVR the attention to defense faded fast.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Makes a lot of sense for Montreal. Give him top 6 minutes and slot with Pacioretty and he'll produce. Pacioretty has yet to play alongside a right handed C. He's .60+ point per game guy, good at face-offs and playmaking. I'd honestly throw 6 mil x 4 at him which brings him to 36 years old. Replaces Plekanec's cap hit from last year and we upgrade in age and production.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Bozak is a C, can win faceoffs and produces pretty well.

I think that one of the teams with center problems could even try him as their 1C(He has experience in the role). For instance, I don't think him as Habs' 1C would make the team worse.

A contract like 4.5x3 would probably be fair but I honestly see him signing for about 6x6.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The FA list stinks so he’s getting paid well

Komorov will get a good contract too
JvR a Kane deal

Leafs will not get JT and replace these guys w AHL bodies and Another JT - joe Thornton

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Man I hope he’s done in Toronto :(

I want him to go to an irrelevant team, or a lottery bound Canadian team that will overplay him ex. Montreal or Vancouver. Even NYI after they lose Tavares to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad