Rumor: "Strong chance" Nathan Beaulieu is traded by Saturday

lawrence

May 19, 2012

In his replies, someone asked "Speculation? Common sense?" and he replied "Neither".

w.t.f. seriously? well never heard of this guy, lets see what happens come saturday. Hard to see teams unloading 24 year old dmans so freely unless they are getting a centreman in return.

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Yeah, this comes as no surprise. Beaulieu, Plekanec and a 2nd are moving out for a #1C. Obviously

Sincerely,
Every trade proposal involving Montreal

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Yeah, this comes as no surprise. Beaulieu, Plekanec and a 2nd are moving out for a #1C. Obviously

Sincerely,
Every trade proposal involving Montreal

Ooh a 2nd!! You only get one of those! Meanwhile, every draft class is bound to have at least a couple of 1Cs. You'd have to be a real sucker to pass that up!

(Obvious sarcasm to everyone who isn't MTL)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Honest question but if Montreal is going to trade him because they can't protect him what team will pick him up who can protect him?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
In 2000 we drafted Ron Hainsey #13 overall, and in 2011 we got Nathan Beaulieu #17. Hainsey got his **** together and managed to set a career for himself outside of Montreal culminating in a cup win. Hope Beaulieu can get his head in the game and figure it our elsewhere. All the tools, no toolbox.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Big deal...

He's the D equivalent of Lazar.

MTL will get a 2nd or 3rd and a "meh" prospect, and won't regret the trade as much as the team that dealt for him.

This is pretty insulting to Beaulieu. Lazar is straight up not an NHL player. Beaulieu could line up in nearly any starting 6.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
See the post above yours.

Both are marginal NHLers hanging on due to pedigree.

A team will overpay with a 2nd/3rd and regret it.

No...
Beaulieu is a legit nhler. You dont get 28 pts in 74 games while averaging less than 20 minutes by being a marginal nhler...

The only problem with Beaulieu is he lacks consistency. Some nights he looks like a top 3 D, other nights it makes you understand why he is not trusted in a top 4 role.

Hes more consistent now than last year tho.

Right now he would probably be in the top 4 of most non-playoff team, and of some playoff teams.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Beaulieu is a dream skater for today's NHL. Excellent mobility, and good acceleration.

However, he is prone to some bad decision making that just makes you shake your head. He also tends to make the goalies look really good. He's not a natural goal scorer.

He's been a big tease so far, but the skating alone will buy him a lot of time to figure things out in this league.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Big deal...

He's the D equivalent of Lazar.

MTL will get a 2nd or 3rd and a "meh" prospect
, and won't regret the trade as much as the team that dealt for him.

You sure about that? If that's all it took, I think there would be several offers for him.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
You sure about that? If that's all it took, I think there would be several offers for him.

If someone offered the Habs a 2nd and a prospect (even a "meh" one), I'd take it. Post-expansion might be a different story.

Dallas and, even moreso, Carolina have room to protect him. Also Arizona, NJ, Philadelphia, and Vancouver.

Last edited:

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Avs propose :

Grigorenko - Beaulieu

Soderberg - Beaulieu and 2 round (was)2017

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I wouldn't mind him for Toronto's third pair LD. Mobile, has a bit of an edge to his game, and some upside left in him. I'd offer someone like Leipsic and a 2nd for him.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

I agree with him. A second rounder and a meh prospect seems fair. Keep in mind that the team that trades for him also has to protect him. That really cuts down on the number of offers. If you only had one more protection slot left is Beaulieu really they guy you'd want to target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad