Rumor: "Strong chance" Nathan Beaulieu is traded by Saturday

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
From a purely statistical standpoint, Beaulieu isn't all that bad. Decent production, decent xGF% in a role that isn't all that sheltered. Nothing special, but far from useless.

The comparison with Lazar is incredibly off-mark in that regard. Lazar, if I remember his numbers correctly, was about as useful on ice as a banana.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
From a purely statistical standpoint, Beaulieu isn't all that bad. Decent production, decent xGF% in a role that isn't all that sheltered. Nothing special, but far from useless.

The comparison with Lazar is incredibly off-mark in that regard. Lazar, if I remember his numbers correctly, was about as useful on ice as a banana.

:laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Regardless of how connected he is, "Have to think" usually makes me think that there's a number of logical jumps that are made when coming to the conclusion.

Not saying it won't happen, but it's not like he seems to have heard it directly from Montreal or anything.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yes, easily.

Ok, let me take it a step further, are you ok with Beaulieu being the only D we acquire? Because once you expose Carrick, you can't acquire a Hammer/Vatanen/Dumba/Tanev without then exposing Beaulieu who you just paid sssets for.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It'll be sad to seeing him thrown into terrible trade proposals in the quest for the Habs franchise center any more.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Edmonton? We need a fallback option if Reinhart gets taken by Vegas.

Dillon Simpson and a Conditional 5th?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Beaulieu had more points in the NHL than Simpson in the Ahl, habs don't need an AHL Dman

It's OK. I was kinda hoping Vegas would take him over Reinhart of Khaira anyways. It seemed like a reverse Brandon Davidson trade.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'd like him on the Leafs for the 3rd paid LD spot if it weren't for the expansion draft. Maybe if a team like Carolina acquires a couple extra D for cheap(because they can protect them) and then flips them for a better return post expansion draft I'd be in on him. Or if the Habs kept him and Vegas took and flipped him.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Thank god, this guy can't even spell IQ. Truly one of the more frustrating players to watch. All I see him fetching is an equivalently underwhelming forward

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Hoping Minnesota is in on Beaulieu. Likely one of Brodin/Scandella, if not both, will be gone. Getting a cheap replacement with upside to compete with Olofsson and Reilly would be smart.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Some GM will probably be tricked int thinking he still has good upside. Dude is 24, I doubt you get much more out of him. Fine bottom pairing or #4 D, not much more

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Have you seen the Habs' LD depth? He was a healthy scratch on that. No way he returns a 2nd
He should've been in the lineup. But dear old Michel prefers to "teach players a lesson" and bench them for weeks at a time despite the fact they weren't even playing that badly. He makes some stupid mistakes, but I found he was making quite a few strides especially when he was paired with Weber and Petry.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Seeing the offers we get for Beaulieu here, I'd rather keep him. He definitely has all the tools to be a very good defenseman. Some players need more time to reach their potential, especially when they have maturity issues.

I think the main reason why he's involved in trade talks is the expansion draft. Habs will have to chose between him and Emelin, and Emelin is the most proven one. It would be sad to lose an asset like Beaulieu for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad