Rumor: "Strong chance" Nathan Beaulieu is traded by Saturday

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What about teams that don't have protection slots but are pretty sure they've got more enticing players? Minnesota, for example, at present could trade for him happy as anything because Vegas ain't taking him over Brodin/Dumba.

(not saying Minnesota would, just throwing out an example)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Yeesh, his value is pretty low. That said, he would likely be Vegas' pick if they don't trade him (pfft, not like Vegas has much to choose from MTL).

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Big deal...

He's the D equivalent of Lazar.

MTL will get a 2nd or 3rd and a "meh" prospect, and won't regret the trade as much as the team that dealt for him.

You have no clue.... Beaulieu is a top6 defenceman on every team in the NHL.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Have you seen the Habs' LD depth? He was a healthy scratch on that. No way he returns a 2nd

Well... to be honnest, he was healthy scratch because he broke a team rule during the playoffs and yeah, he wasn't playing so well at this time.

But he's a legitimate bottom pairing Dman at the very least.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I'd like him on Pitt to complete the top 6 assuming Daley, hainsey and streit are all gone

What's the ask from Pitt?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I wouldn't mind him for Toronto's third pair LD. Mobile, has a bit of an edge to his game, and some upside left in him. I'd offer someone like Leipsic and a 2nd for him.

You would expose Carrick to bring in Beaulieu?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No...
Beaulieu is a legit nhler. You dont get 28 pts in 74 games while averaging less than 20 minutes by being a marginal nhler...

The only problem with Beaulieu is he lacks consistency. Some nights he looks like a top 3 D, other nights it makes you understand why he is not trusted in a top 4 role.

Hes more consistent now than last year tho.

Right now he would probably be in the top 4 of most non-playoff team, and of some playoff teams.

He is a marginal NHL player. He's a #6/7D.

M-A Bergeron once had a 40+pt season.. so yeah marginal D can get 28 points.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I'd like him on Pitt to complete the top 6 assuming Daley, hainsey and streit are all gone

What's the ask from Pitt?

Can't see anything of interest realistically coming from Pittsburgh. I would be interested in Ashton-Reese or Sprong.

How about Ashton-Reese for Beaulieu and DLR?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
He is a marginal NHL player. He's a #6/7D.

M-A Bergeron once had a 40+pt season.. so yeah marginal D can get 28 points.

Beaulieu is a easily a number 5 D and still has potential to be top 4. People exagerates on his case because he is a mid first rounder and hasn't develop like we wanted.

Just like Galchenyuk. No he isn't the 1C we drafted him to be. But he still is a 23 years old who reached 30 goals and was producing on a ppg rate before his big injury last season.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Can't see anything of interest realistically coming from Pittsburgh. I would be interested in Ashton-Reese or Sprong.

How about Ashton-Reese for Beaulieu and DLR?

Personally have not seen enough of Aston-Reese play to comment, but can't imagine he's available for trade since we just signed him from college. Would look bad for us.

And Sprong has much more value than Beaulieu.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Beaulieu just needs to grow up and kill the party. We're about to move one of our last, mobile defenseman. Bergevin better get something out of this or Montreal will crucify him.

About Engels, he's an expat of hockeybuzz.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Carrick has the hockey IQ of a pickle and about the same shot accuracy of dion phaneuf.

I'd expose him to bring in Colby Armstrong.
Excellent, so lets make him expendable by trading assets for an even worse version of himself. ...

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
sounds like Beaulieu

he has amazing tools with no brain

Carries the puck all the way from his end and gains the zone. Makes a great move to back off the defence. We all get excited!

... throws a weak shot into the defender's feet.

Beaulieu. He's a 5-6 on just about any team, can play 20+mins when you have injuries in the top 4 but not long term. He'll never be more than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad