Recalled/Assigned: Strome returned to the OHL

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Friedman reporting Strome to OHL

I'd say that's as it should be, as all options have been exhausted at this point.

Should he have gotten more consecutive starts? Maybe, but I didn't see anything that made me believe that he looke like he belongs. Potential NHL'r yes, current? No.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Love the positivity. Non stop whining about putting him in the OHL and when team does it we are a joke. Unbelievable.

Listen to Bernhardt on hockey prospect radio to understand teams thoughts on where he is at. He's a Top rated prospect. Very well thought of. Just needs to add some size to his lengthy frame. But let's throw ourselves a pity party because he's a developing teenager.

He also just earned a couple hundred grand for this experience. He's not as upset as some of you have speculated. There a very bright future in AZ for this kid.

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Love the positivity. Non stop whining about putting him in the OHL and when team does it we are a joke. Unbelievable.

Listen to Bernhardt on hockey prospect radio to understand teams thoughts on where he is at. He's a Top rated prospect. Very well thought of. Just needs to add some size to his lengthy frame. But let's throw ourselves a pity party because he's a developing teenager.

I'll definitely take the positive approach. The situation isn't any easy one and he'd most likely be best off in the AHL, but that's not on the table. He will now get ice and should have an excellent idea of what he needs to do. This has been time well spent and its up to Strome to make the most of the situation.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Very well thought of. Just needs to add some size to his lengthy frame. But let's throw ourselves a pity party because he's a developing teenager.

He also just earned a couple hundred grand for this experience. He's not as upset as some of you have speculated. There a very bright future in AZ for this kid.

:laugh: I'd have loved to be a late bloomer with some change in my pocket and the knowledge that if I do what's expected, I'd have an excellent opportunity just waiting for me.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd prefer him playing in the NHL, but playing in the OHL is better than being scratched in the NHL. Any word on if braid and or a strength coach can see him regularly?

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
For those that possibly have angst regarding the Strome situation, ask yourselves if you think Strome would even consider demanding to play n the NHL at the expense of his team.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd prefer him playing in the NHL, but playing in the OHL is better than being scratched in the NHL. Any word on if braid and or a strength coach can see him regularly?

Braid works for Coyotes and will travel as directed. I suspect she will be making regular trips.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Anywhere is probably better than the mess we have here. Probably be better for Dvorak to be in the AHL too. There isn't going to be any development for offensive players coming from the NHL staff.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
For those that possibly have angst regarding the Strome situation, ask yourselves if you think Strome would even consider demanding to play n the NHL at the expense of his team.

I'd bet every dime I have that he looks at the center situation we have and believes he could help the team at the NHL level right now. Zero doubt in my mind he believes that.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Braid works for Coyotes and will travel as directed. I suspect she will be making regular trips.

Cool, so there's no rule preventing her or any others from working with Strome in Erie then? Hopefully he does a lot of lifting, eating, and skating. Come back next year bigger stronger and faster. If he was doing that in his time here he should know how to do it right.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Anywhere is probably better than the mess we have here. Probably be better for Dvorak to be in the AHL too. There isn't going to be any development for offensive players coming from the NHL staff.

This. He should be playing in the NHL, but if the only alternatives are healthy scratching to become an NHL player of another year in Erie, then Erie is clearly the better option.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Friedman reporting Strome to OHL

I'd say that's as it should be, as all options have been exhausted at this point.

Should he have gotten more consecutive starts? Maybe, but I didn't see anything that made me believe that he looke like he belongs. Potential NHL'r yes, current? No.

Last year Strome looked much better in preseason than this year. He may have come in a little over confident, I don't know. I was a little concerned about him with his play in the rookie camp. Looked like he put in a lackluster effort and was very poor on his skates. Besides putting on muscle, a big dose of humble pie, we'll see a different Strome next year, at least I hope so. If he thinks he was under the microscope this year, wait till next. Watching Strome last year, I would have bet anyone $1000.00 he would stick this year.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

It's ridiculous. People complain that we're going to rush prospects, waste them being scratched or playing in a 4th line role then when we send them down we're a joke. There's no way to win.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd bet every dime I have that he looks at the center situation we have and believes he could help the team at the NHL level right now. Zero doubt in my mind he believes that.

Zero doubt in my mind that he is the only one thinking that, too.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I listened to the Berhardt talk and heard exactly what you'd expect the team to say. No oracle level insight there. Why do so many on the board take everything said at fave value

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I listened to the Berhardt talk and heard exactly what you'd expect the team to say. No oracle level insight there. Why do so many on the board take everything said at fave value

The tone of voice and way he answered would have been a signal that he wasn't a lock to stay in NHL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Maybe he should have played like he belonged. I think I'm one of Strome's biggest supporter, but for me, he has been my biggest disappointment, and it started at rookie camp.

This. He should be playing in the NHL, but if the only alternatives are healthy scratching to become an NHL player of another year in Erie, then Erie is clearly the better option.

In my heart I want him in the NHL now, but in my head he has not shown that he deserves playing time. I watched him very close this year, right from rookie camp, training camp and the regular season, and not once was I happy with his play. Every shift I was waiting for just a bit of magic, but there was none. I think he has lost his confidence, so going back may be what the doctor ordered. Eating some humble pie and adding muscle won't hurt either. I'm hoping next year he comes to camp with a chip on his shoulder.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Hopefully he gets a chip on his shoulder from this.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

It's ridiculous. People complain that we're going to rush prospects, waste them being scratched or playing in a 4th line role then when we send them down we're a joke. There's no way to win.

:laugh: You guys are so right. This team is heading in the right direction, and next year we will be adding Strome, Fischer and maybe a couple more. Fun times ahead.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I look forward to seeing these views rapidly vacated:

The question is, what is best for his development?
I think they keep him and give him spot action. Over the season, I think he will start to put it together and become a regular late this year or start of next.

For me,*Strome*has been my biggest disappointment, but going back to*junior*will not help his development.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Why the u turn? Both GMDT and GMJC said junior would only reinforce Stromes bad habits

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't care that they sent him back.

I care that they wasted a bunch of time not playing him, and when he was played he wasn't put in a position to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad