Speculation: Strome, Nylander or Gaudette: who do you expose in the ED??

Who would you expose?

• Total voters

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Youre not protecting ****ing Gaudette in the expansion draft

Why not? This is my perspective. Gaudette is still a wild card. Nylander is still a wild care. Strome? You know exactly what he is. Is he conducive to winning? Nah. I think it's an easy decision. You take potential over known NHL qualities, when those known NHL qualities aren't something you want on your team.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Why not? This is my perspective. Gaudette is still a wild card. Nylander is still a wild care. Strome? You know exactly what he is. Is he conducive to winning? Nah. I think it's an easy decision. You take potential over known NHL qualities, when those known NHL qualities aren't something you want on your team.

I think it's this. Unless you suddenly find out Strome has real trade value (which I highly doubt he does, unless Musto is a real NHL GM), you expose Strome.

The guy is such a shit, and he should've been modeling his game after Pavelski. Instead, he wants to pretend to be like Kane or DeBrincat.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think Gaudette will replace Strome for less. With the emergence of Kurashev and Hagel, I'm not really sure I would protect Nylander either, but I know Stan thinks he could be an impact player so they probably will.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I think Gaudette will replace Strome for less. With the emergence of Kurashev and Hagel, I'm not really sure I would protect Nylander either, but I know Stan thinks he could be an impact player so they probably will.

It's too bad Nylander got injured because this would have been the year to give him a real hard look. I just don't think the Hawks have enough info on him to make a good decision on his future at this point. They need to see if he's capable of taking the next step. If he is, he has some high-end tools but if not, he wouldn't be the first player with high-end skills to bust.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

Gaudette isn't a wildcard. He's in his third season and he'll be 25 in a few months. He's a very similar player to Strome in a lot of ways. One-dimensional.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I do not understand you my fellow Hawks fans and your hunger for getting rid of Dylan Strome, so bizarre.
And i will never understand your love for the younger Nylander either.

It would be one of the biggest mistakes, ever, by this franchise, to kick Dylan Strome away, especially if the idiot Bowman
chooses to keep someone like Alexander Nylander, who isn't even NHL level player and is injury prone AF.
and who is more interested in growing his six-pack, taking selfies with his brother
instead of, work on his spaghetti legs, not to mention work on his game.

---

18-19 season, Strome was one of Hawks better players. For the better part of the season
he was 1.00 ppg and even last season, he was still almost 0.70 ppg.

Even if he hasn't been as good as he has been in his last 2 seasons,
he has not played, been THAT bad, people really should open their eyes
and not just see his bad stuff, his good stuff, his so called pro's
out play's his con's, 100%.

You expose Alexander Nylander 100%.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Belfour20

Jul 26, 2005
As much as I find Strome a frustrating player to watch and agree with the sentiment of a lot of people here about him, you have to protect him out of the 3 listed in this thread. He's the only one out of them that has any trade value (Nylander hasn't shown much at the NHL level yet and would return almost nothing in a trade right now, and we got Gaudette for a mediocre player in Highmore which says all you need to know for his value). Would be terrible asset management to just lose him for nothing at all. You're better off protecting Strome and trade him in the off-season after the draft for anything decent you can get, or even possibly try to dangle him as trade bait to Seattle to goat them into picking who you really want to get rid of (like that anchor named DeHaan).

Crow

May 19, 2014
Guadette seems to have very little value. He was traded for highmore, who often didn’t crack the lineup on our crappy team. I’d expose him and if they take him that’s fine. I still have some faith in the other two.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
As much as I find Strome a frustrating player to watch and agree with the sentiment of a lot of people here about him, you have to protect him out of the 3 listed in this thread. He's the only one out of them that has any trade value (Nylander hasn't shown much at the NHL level yet and would return almost nothing in a trade right now, and we got Gaudette for a mediocre player in Highmore which says all you need to know for his value). Would be terrible asset management to just lose him for nothing at all. You're better off protecting Strome and trade him in the off-season after the draft for anything decent you can get, or even possibly try to dangle him as trade bait to Seattle to goat them into picking who you really want to get rid of (like that anchor named DeHaan).

What trade value do you seriously think Strome has, after this season? There's way too much tape out there for anyone to be fooled anymore. The guy is a loser(hockey wise).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00