Speculation: Strome, Nylander or Gaudette: who do you expose in the ED??

Who would you expose?

• Total voters

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Nylander plays fine in the bottome six if he has to. His issue is making good decisions in the o zone. He's good at skating the puck out of the dzone. As disappointing as it would be if he ends up a bottom sixer, he would be fine. Strome has to play in the top six. If you can't play him in the top six, might as well move on.

Rather trade him than expose him though.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Nylander plays fine in the bottome six if he has to. His issue is making good decisions in the o zone. He's good at skating the puck out of the dzone. As disappointing as it would be if he ends up a bottom sixer, he would be fine. Strome has to play in the top six. If you can't play him in the top six, might as well move on.

Rather trade him than expose him though.
I hope they can trade Strome, but they might have missed their chances last fall and at the TDL.

Don't forget that not exposing Strome and attempting to trade him also involves exposing Nylander.

My opinion is that Gaudette has shown enough in his short stint to get protected.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Put them both exposed...That way Kraken can decide ...we unfortunately will have to keep the remainder of them.

Might as well expose Murohy too..

Maybe they will take hom and clear cal space fir us to bring in somebody better to help us.

Hey...maybe if we let them take Murphy we coukd offer them Stronec and Nylander in aother deal fir a 2nd rounder in 2921 and a 3rd in 2022.

surely giving them Murphy plus Strone plus Nylander in sone grandiose pact woukdpry usxa 2ndxandcax3rd...or woukd Seattle be that stupid. and a

If course when we ship them all there they will turn into Duclair types that play lijexall stars agaibst is.

But hey...our coach is great...our system is fine and our pipeline is a full cupboard...Stan says so ...so just believe him...right?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Easily Nylander

Strome has actually shown he can be a productive NHL player

Naturally Stanley will keep Nylander because to expose him would acknowledge giving away Joker was terrible move

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Um....neither?

Why the f*** would either get exposed?
7-3-1
Kane, Toews, Cat, Borgstrom, Gaudette, Hagel
Keith, Murphy, Zadorov
Lankinen

That leaves either Strome or Nylander exposed.

They could take the gamble and try to sneak Borgstrom through. idk if they'd get away with it.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Expose Strome and hope they do us a favor and take him off our hands. Zero interest in protecting Strome, and not much interest in protecting Nylander but not sure we have anyone better to protect.

Not even sure Seattle would take Gaudette if he were exposed but if they did then whatever, no huge loss. This team needs top end talent more than it does middle and bottom sixers.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Expose Strome and hope they do us a favor and take him off our hands. Zero interest in protecting Strome, and not much interest in protecting Nylander but not sure we have anyone better to protect.

Not even sure Seattle would take Gaudette if he were exposed but if they did then whatever, no huge loss. This team needs top end talent more than it does middle and bottom sixers.

Strome should have trade value though with only a year left on his deal at a reasonable cap hit...Seattle would only be doing us a favor if they take a cap dump like De Haan

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You mean a deal where Seattle does us a favor and takes CDH...we then trade Strome to them for a 2022 or 2023 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th spread out in 2022 and 2023 ...sonethibg like that?

Rge question for Seattle being that stupid is that they could get to the floor by taking better mid salary players than CdH off other teams unprotected lists...

The only way tgey do this is if they are BIT goibg to ice a team with tge head start talent equal to what Vegas cane awY with ..

If this is ratger a "normal" expansion draft with mostly dregs going to Seattle and they will struggle to be a contender off tge bat lkje Vegas was bit instead must do a slower build like most expansion teams did before...then maybe tgey Want to be bad fir several years and grab high picks as tgey do tge slow build over several years.

However if they get enough good talent to start out lije Vegas as an already elite contender then forget it...no wG will they gum up that by taking Cdh...or an extended transfer of Cdh then Stromevua trade promise.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Gaudette has looked great in all zones with limited ice time in 3 games now and lots of Vancouver fans were very high on him as well. The guy has been noticeable every shift. If he continues to play this way out the season it's absolutely a serious consideration. His no-BS super quick release is nice to see too, a fantastic addition to the team if he can figure it out on a consistent basis.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bye Strome. Strome is what he is at this point. I don't see him ever changing his approach. Not useful to this team in the least. Nylander is still a question mark, so I go with Nylander.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He has 4 points in 3 games, he's obviously playing well and everyone said he looks dangerous.

Idk how much more you have to see from Gaudette to know if he's worth protecting.

Have you thought that maybe you should, you know, see him before declaring there’s nothing more to see?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I am no Nylander fan, but I would think they'd protect him for sure at this point. Strome vs Gaudette.. protection wise Strome has the upper hand. But I would think he's trade bait this offseason anyways so Gaudette will probably get a longer look here (and I've always liked Gaudette so).

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Honest question: Does a team have to protect a minimum number of players?

Have to protect NTCs 88 & 2; and obviously Cat but other than that, who on this roster a, "Can't lose"?
For me anybody else lost, I ain't losing any sleep over.

The above assuming the ELCs not exposed to the draft. (And of them only Hagel & Beaudin ...
Sorry no offense but - and I only hope to be wrong - Adam Boqvist seems not to be able stay healthy just sayin' ...
And besides that, his lack of speed getting back - chasing down a breakaway - is kinda shockingly slow. In a race, I'm not sure he could even beat Dylan Strome. )

-----------
Edit - I'm not giving up on Lankinen tho the guy seems borderline shell-shocked right now ... Does Brookbank's scheme exclude clearing out the paint?
Or maybe keeping the d pair coordinated in their actions? Asking for a friend as I'm still super confident, "everything awesome" & will come together in time to make the post season. Oh wait ...

Note to self: You really shouldn't post when you're, "cranky."
Response to Note to self: F off.
Response to Response to Note to self: How man it's only hockey, go outside & get some fresh air why dontcha?
GoHawks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad