Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think there is anything wrong with being happy with the win but not being thrilled with how the team pulled it out.

We have played far better this season than we did tonight. Granted Jersey is a very desperate team right now and played like it but our team is capable of much better play. No need to panic as all teams have their ups and downs. The good news for us is our goalies have played very well through some of our mediocre stretches which is what all good teams need.

In more positive news we are now pretty firmly entrenched in 2nd place in our division:

Minnesota 8 points back with even games played
Dallas 11 back with even games played
Colorado 13 back with even games played

None of those teams are making those points up in the 15 games remaining in the season.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
You know there are people waiting and hoping this team falters some how so they can jump all over Chevy and Co...

Real fans....

Imagine being so defensive to the point of not even being able to take the criticism of the team in stride in a game where they got outshoot by almost 2-1, dominated in shot attempts and dominated in scoring changes without invoking the "fake fans" meme.

Everybody is happy for the success of the team. That doesn't mean that people can't say something even slightly negative after a bad game without having some kind of hidden agenda against Chevy and Co

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Jets have a heck of a team. When at full strength I’d expect WIN to play toe to toe with any team in the league. The team was built the right way and the slow growth is going to pay off in playoff wins. Really fun team to watch. Best of luck and I’m hoping to see you guys come out of the West.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Not our best game but a win is a win. Laine scores, no point for Hall. Devils play really fast and really stretch the ice. Helle stood tall tonight, unlucky bank in on the second Devils goal.

Little struggled a bit on the top line tonight. Everything was a step off. Trouble managing and distributing the puck.

Wins a win.

Little always struggles

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
most of our guys are prolly playing to not get injured at this time. once that white out noise fills their ear drums and the phonebooth is shaking from decibles so loud you can feel your brain shrinking they will play like they can.

also helle is now the jets franchise leader in wins in his 2nd year. something pavlec couldnt do in 6

Reactions: Jack722

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You're barking up the wrong tree. It wasn't a comment about Helly, but about a meaningless meme.

Meme...ssss...

giphy.gif

:laugh: Sorry :laugh:

Reactions: Pongs21 and buggs

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Mason got injured...again. ...Scheifele got injured...again. Perreault was fighting the bug. We are still missing Lowery and Trouba. These type of things could easily kill morale. The team guts out a road win and people COMPLAIN. Come on guys. The Jets won...yes it was lucky. Yes it wasn't their best game. But I have a novel idea: How about seeing things with the glass have full when the team is winning on the road. It's not hard. Good grief.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
You know there are people waiting and hoping this team falters some how so they can jump all over Chevy and Co...

Real fans....

Yup, and it’s very difficult these days to find actual evidence to jump on, that bashing road wins is the best they got.

I get we didn’t win pretty, they are a good team, on the road, fighting injury, a flu bug etc.. that treating this win as a negative is purely dumb.

Reactions: JetBlue420

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Jets barely did anything with puck for most of the game other than a brief stint in the 2nd. This was a bad game against a mediocre team, I am not sure why people have trouble with that. I could not care less how the Pens play since I do not give a crap about that team.

There seem to be about 2 people agreeing with you...

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Imagine being so defensive to the point of not even being able to take the criticism of the team in stride in a game where they got outshoot by almost 2-1, dominated in shot attempts and dominated in scoring changes without invoking the "fake fans" meme.

Everybody is happy for the success of the team. That doesn't mean that people can't say something even slightly negative after a bad game without having some kind of hidden agenda against Chevy and Co
And we can always count on you come on these forums and whine about it.

Considering our injuries playing an energized team at home chasing a playoff spot, I'll take a stolen victory any day.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Mason got injured...again. ...Scheifele got injured...again. Perreault was fighting the bug. We are still missing Lowery and Trouba. These type of things could easily kill morale. The team guts out a road win and people COMPLAIN. Come on guys. The Jets won...yes it was lucky. Yes it wasn't their best game. But I have a novel idea: How about seeing things with the glass have full when the team is winning on the road. It's not hard. Good grief.
but f*** wheeler for not letting laine come on to score his 40th!!!

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I’m in. I’m drinking scotch right now!

Did you argue about aging of Scotch in the bottle versus in the Cask... ?

That is the defining line...

That being said...

We don't make the final...

The bottles, stay, sealed...

And if I was a Leafs fan... which I am not...

Will be an eternity...

:nod::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->