Stralman hit on Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
In this thread, people who say that the league does nothing to protect player safety and the Wilson is a threat to player's career... all whilst simultaneously celebrating a penalty and a hit that could have caused serious injury.

If you're dismissing this hit you're disqualified from ever opining about player safety again in my book.

Here's the deal, you can't have it both ways.

You're either fine with the hits Wilson makes and are going to let this hit slide because you see similarities, or you're aghast at his hits, want him to be held accountable, and therefore want this hit accountable as well. You can't pretend to be a champion for player safety only when it is convenient. This is not a buffet, this is a take it all or leave it all situation. The amount of posters in here I see dismissing the hit based on the names on the sweater is ridiculous considering that a week and a half ago I saw many of those same posters on their soap boxes preaching about the sanctity of the game and protection of players.

It's not surprising, but admittedly a little bit off putting how many people are quick to forfeit their principles and rationalize that decision based on a guys reputation. I said it earlier, but I'm somewhat sincere, I hope to god some of you never serve jury duty, it seems like all you would need to convict or acquit a person is to hear their personal history, the events themselves seems largely inconsequential to a great many of you.

You can't have it both ways either. The number of Wilson apologists that were defending him a week and a half ago that are in here calling this hit dirtier than any hit Wilson has ever dished out in his career is laughable.

FWIW, I don't think anyone actually thinks this was a clean hit. It's mostly sarcasm and/or poking and prodding because it's TW

Reactions: domaug

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Wilson's hits, his suspensions, his lack of suspensions, the fans defense of him, the fans ire of him, etc. all have as much relevance to this discussion as the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution has to it.

The mods would be well served to delete any posts that don't explicitly talk about this hit and whether or not it's a penalty/suspension worthy.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If the 2 minute penalty was called, then that's about it. There's no suspension here. I defended Wilson in the Penguins / Cap series (Not the suspension hit), so I'm not really being bias here. Just didn't see it as suspension worthy.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Wilson's hits, his suspensions, his lack of suspensions, the fans defense of him, the fans ire of him, etc. all have as much relevance to this discussion as the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution has to it.

The mods would be well served to delete any posts that don't explicitly talk about this hit and whether or not it's a penalty/suspension worthy.
saying something like this isn't cool either.

if you think posts are breaking the rules, report them.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
You can't have it both ways either. The number of Wilson apologists that were defending him a week and a half ago that are in here calling this hit dirtier than any hit Wilson has ever dished out in his career is laughable.

FWIW, I don't think anyone actually thinks this was a clean hit. It's mostly sarcasm and/or poking and prodding because it's TW
His actions a week ago are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand though.

Even if they weren't, isn't that sort of the point his apologists are making? He was suspended for a "dangerous hit", where is the suspension for a similarly dangerous one.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
He sold the shit out of it like a champ. What's the point of being a heavy hitter and pissing off the other team if you can't goad them into taking penalties against you

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
He sold the **** out of it like a champ. What's the point of being a heavy hitter and pissing off the other team if you can't goad them into taking penalties against you
I don't think he sold jack. You could hear his head hit that class from anywhere in the arena last night.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Mhmh.. they would, right? I'm sure they would give him a medal too, right?

Since you are a mind reader I'm happy to offer you the opportunity at a million bucks!

Home

Good luck!

Seriously? Did you live under a rock during that whole ZAR thing? And probably dozens of other controversial Wilson hits over the past few years?

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
His actions a week ago are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand though.

Even if they weren't, isn't that sort of the point his apologists are making? He was suspended for a "dangerous hit", where is the suspension for a similarly dangerous one.

My point was that if you're going to point out the hypocrisy from the Wilson haters side of the argument, you have to acknowledge the hypocrisy from the Wilson apologists side of the argument too.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
My point was that if you're going to point out the hypocrisy from the Wilson haters side of the argument, you have to acknowledge the hypocrisy from the Wilson apologists side of the argument too.

Don't appeal to the ad hominem attack on the strawman's authority with baseless red herrings or something. Standards are only standards when they can be conveniently applied.

vap0r

Jul 12, 2017
I hope your other 2 posts were as enlightening, you have a bright future here.

I normally just lurk as I like to read the discussion. Had to partake in this one.

Caps fans turning Wilson into the victim. It's pretty hilarious. He's a dirtbag that deserves all the misery that comes to him.

Reactions: kladorf2005

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Nobody said that. Are you capable of an honest post? We're saying he hasn't been on this level for a few years now, after he was pulled back by Trotz and the DOPS.

Still waiting for the video proof of this exact, blatant hit. And don't just pull out some random crushing blow that hurt someone and claim it's the same as this.

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Meh. Maybe a fine, just because Stralman's arm does appear to be pushing Wilson's head into the glass.

No bleeds, it'll go away; that's what my mom used to say.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Don't appeal to the ad hominem attack on the strawman's authority with baseless red herrings or something. Standards are only standards when they can be conveniently applied.

Like standards of truth, apparently, judging by your mocking dismissal of the issues with some of these arguments.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
It was definitely worth the penalty called. I wouldn't argue against a call from DoPS. Don't like hits like this. Would like them to be eliminated. Stricter penalties /suspensions for all is only way to stop all of it.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Nobody said that. Are you capable of an honest post? We're saying he hasn't been on this level for a few years now, after he was pulled back by Trotz and the DOPS.

Still waiting for the video proof of this exact, blatant hit. And don't just pull out some random crushing blow that hurt someone and claim it's the same as this.

Huh? He's been suspended 3 times this year...

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
The hypocrisy of all of the Caps fans in this thread is hilarious. It's cool if it's your team doing something dirty, but if someone on another team does something to your team nah that's not cool.

BTW I agree this hit on Wilson a dirty hit. But I also think Wilson's 3 headshots were dirty too.. contrary to all you Cap fans opinions.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
The hypocrisy of all of the Caps fans in this thread is hilarious. It's cool if it's your team doing something dirty, but if someone on another team does something to your team nah that's not cool.

BTW I agree this hit on Wilson a dirty hit. But I also think Wilson's 3 headshots were dirty too.. contrary to all you Cap fans opinions.

THIS. 100% this.

Reactions: Old Gregg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad