Stralman hit on Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Tom Wilson is such an easy player to hate. Plays a dirty borderline game, with questionable hits every other game, probably deserving twice the suspensions he gets. Then when he himself gets hit he either complains like a madman, when he does those hits all the time himself, or he tries the moviestar act, falling down like he's been shot.

Someone smarter and more eloquent than me putting it perfectly.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He's not lying anymore than the people who claimed Wilson was trying to catch ZAR in the shoulder a week and a half ago.

Wilson defenders have already set the precedent reality is simply a creation of the poster.

Post the proof, then

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I'm not the one who's ****-posting. I expect plenty of people to disagree with what I have to say about these events but they're legitimate observations and opinions. You can't say the same.
Yes, we should all make sure that the person with the sarcastic Tom Wilson avatar and named goon is moderating the legitimacy of observations and opinions.

Maybe look into changing that avatar to a long paragraph about Tom Wilson's charity work...oh wait, you feel a sarcastic quip does a much better job expressing your opinion of people's attitudes toward Wilson...

Like I said in my initial post that you're on about...he sold a hit that he braced himself for and did a good job getting two out of it. Cry about it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes, we should all make sure that the person with the sarcastic Tom Wilson avatar and named goon is moderating the legitimacy of observations and opinions.

Maybe look into changing that avatar to a long paragraph about Tom Wilson's charity work...oh wait, you feel a sarcastic quip does a much better job expressing your opinion of people's attitudes toward Wilson...

Like I said in my initial post that you're on about...he sold a hit that he braced himself for and did a good job getting two out of it. Cry about it.

Falling back on ad hominem rather than addressing the issues really backs up your claims. Well done.

Walt Comiskey

Feb 26, 2009
Wilson defenders have already set the precedent reality is simply a creation of the poster.
The reality is neither Wilson hit in the Pens series was called on the ice. The hit last night was. Therefore the league has an instant foundation for a suspension without being subjective.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009

wilson is ducking down, so his head gets pushed into the boards; all those cap fans who've defended some of his prior head shots due to his height can't complain since wilson is bending over.

I see stralman jumping up to avoid hitting him directly, as many players do when against the boards.

That said, anyone who has ever defended wilson after his viznovsky and schenn atrocities should not even consider posting in this thread, unless it is to say he deserved worse.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I question even opening the discussion about the hits Wilson has made up, because frankly they're irrelevant to the topic at hand.

But against my better judgement.... even if you're in camp "Wilson is a goon 100%" you have to admit that the hits he's made that have sparked debate haven't been cut and dry. I mean those threads break down into Zapruder film analysis and even the DoPS's analysis are comparably intricate. Even the most adamant Wilson hater would have to concede that there is a lot to unpack from his hits.

This play requires no such analysis, it's a penalty at every speed and every angle. When fans ask for consistency this is what they're asking for. If you have a clear cut penalty that impacts the head, why is that not being given the same scrutiny as plays that weren't even called penalties on the ice.

Reactions: third man in

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
viznovksy
lazar
schenn
campbell
cogliano
sheary knee clip

This guy is a complete POS and should have been tossed from the league, cannot fathom why the NHL has not done so already. He is stupid and cannot be reformed/fixed.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

wilson is ducking down, so his head gets pushed into the boards; all those cap fans who've defended some of his prior head shots due to his height can't complain since wilson is bending over.

I see stralman jumping up to avoid hitting him directly, as many players do when against the boards.

That said, anyone who has ever defended wilson after his viznovsky and schenn atrocities should not even consider posting in this thread, unless it is to say he deserved worse.

I don't know what type of hockey you've been watching. If you're watching guys jump into each other at the boards you're watching a different league than me.

What you might be mistaking that for is when players make contact at the boards and that impact of the hit and them compressing against a player with no where to move forces them to recoil upwards. That's significantly different that "jumping to avoid hitting directly".

Won't even unpack the irony of you lamenting that the league didn't penalize Wilson for his prior hits, being unable to reconcile that fans defended them, exclaiming any defense of those hits is an auto-disqualification from future discussion... all whilst breaking down this hit as being pretty standard.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Falling back on ad hominem rather than addressing the issues really backs up your claims. Well done.
Do you even know what you are still arguing anymore? This whole thread. Someone doesn't think it's a bad hit, you fly off the handle, they respond and all of a sudden you are playing the victim.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I question even opening the discussion about the hits Wilson has made up, because frankly they're irrelevant to the topic at hand.

But against my better judgement.... even if you're in camp "Wilson is a goon 100%" you have to admit that the hits he's made that have sparked debate haven't been cut and dry. I mean those threads break down into Zapruder film analysis and even the DoPS's analysis are comparably intricate. Even the most adamant Wilson hater would have to concede that there is a lot to unpack from his hits.

This play requires no such analysis, it's a penalty at every speed and every angle. When fans ask for consistency this is what they're asking for. If you have a clear cut penalty that impacts the head, why is that not being given the same scrutiny as plays that weren't even called penalties on the ice.

You are using the word consistency while talking about what was and wasn't called a penalty??? OK!! That is the whole point. There is no consistency and it appears even DoPS knows the refs don't catch everything

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Btw, I'm just wondering what the people who think that "Wilson had it coming" think of the Moore - Bertuzzi situation.
Genuinely curious.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
The anti-Wilson bias here is amazing. Those who hide behind the sanctity of the rules are having their hypocrisy on full display.

This made me chuckle. The Caps coaches/players/media/fans would all be calling this a clean hard hockey play if the roles had been reversed.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
This made me chuckle. The Caps coaches/players/media/fans would all be calling this a clean hard hockey play if the roles had been reversed.

Mhmh.. they would, right? I'm sure they would give him a medal too, right?

Since you are a mind reader I'm happy to offer you the opportunity at a million bucks!

Home

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad