Stockton Heat relocation

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Maybe Melnyk will hire Brian they seem perfect for each other.
Petrovek likely doesn't get involved in the sport now, if they won't allow him to do his job, and honestly would you if you were released from successive organizations, over lease issues primarily. he was frustrated here, and in Stockton...while trying to serve both fanbases who demand excellence from ownership, now whether that's a fair assessment of the fanbases who have existing franchises, or even past franchises, that's the question

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Wolves owners aren't selling, but either St. Louis is forced to be their affiliate or Calgary sells to them and Calgary takes over the Wolves.

Don't know what other NHL teams have the option of taking over the Chicago Wolves. But that's pretty much the only viable options as we speak.

Reactions: go comets

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The Wolves owners aren't selling, but either St. Louis is forced to be their affiliate or Calgary sells to them and Calgary takes over the Wolves.

Don't know what other NHL teams have the option of taking over the Chicago Wolves. But that's pretty much the only viable options as we speak.
correct, but I don't see Calgary selling the Heat, if they were adamant about Vancouver replacing them back in the Abbotsford days, and now the reports over potentially a Colorado Springs destination being linked to the Flames, whether that's 2 years away or not

Henderson Finest

Oct 13, 2019
correct, but I don't see Calgary selling the Heat, if they were adamant about Vancouver replacing them back in the Abbotsford days, and now the reports over potentially a Colorado Springs destination being linked to the Flames, whether that's 2 years away or not

I believe the Colorado Springs options are about dead. The rink would need to be reconfigured from Olympic size to NHL size. The arena needs upgrades to make it AHL ready, and the league would need to approve the move to an area that has an NLH, AHL, and 2 Division 1 NCAA teams. The Flames are better served spending money to renovate the Stockton Arena than to pile money into a huge renovation.

Reactions: MakDox209

Timjohnson

Jun 6, 2019
Petrovek likely doesn't get involved in the sport now, if they won't allow him to do his job, and honestly would you if you were released from successive organizations, over lease issues primarily. he was frustrated here, and in Stockton...while trying to serve both fanbases who demand excellence from ownership, now whether that's a fair assessment of the fanbases who have existing franchises, or even past franchises, that's the question
Petrovek wasn't released over the lease issue. He was fired because he ran the Stockton Franchise into the ground from a community and business perspective. The team was last in the league in attendance and from what I heard all of the sponsors have left. They also couldn't keep a good staff in place because no one wanted to work for him. My ticket rep turned over no less than four or five times in the last few years.

MakDox209

Nov 27, 2019
Petrovek wasn't released over the lease issue. He was fired because he ran the Stockton Franchise into the ground from a community and business perspective. The team was last in the league in attendance and from what I heard all of the sponsors have left. They also couldn't keep a good staff in place because no one wanted to work for him. My ticket rep turned over no less than four or five times in the last few years.

exactly. He created a horrible environment to work in and ruined several business relationships in Stockton

Reactions: Stockton Finest

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine

exactly. He created a horrible environment to work in and ruined several business relationships in Stockton

What city hasn't he done this too?

He's killed Portland so bad that we're still digging ourselves out from the s***trail that he left behind. The Pirates name is mud. Pro hockey in general is a struggle to rebuild because he has absolutely ruined every relationship in the city that no business trust doing business with anyone running a hockey franchise. Every person in the Pirates' office hated him. The turnover was just as bad as in Stockton. This guy has no business running a lemonade stand let alone a hockey team. He's a snake oil salesman that left a trail destruction in every city he's worked.

I pray this guy is out of hockey, but I'm guessing we'll see him slither to a city near you at some point.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Wow.... everything goes back to Portland...... I was there once. Gary Indiana is better.....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I believe the Colorado Springs options are about dead. The rink would need to be reconfigured from Olympic size to NHL size. The arena needs upgrades to make it AHL ready, and the league would need to approve the move to an area that has an NLH, AHL, and 2 Division 1 NCAA teams. The Flames are better served spending money to renovate the Stockton Arena than to pile money into a huge renovation.
except....Calgary and ASM Direct hold those rights and it's highly unlikely the city will upgrade both arenas, SF.... the practice facility is a disaster now and that's where the team ends up if a major renovation occurs there....Calgary doesn't operate the arena, ASM does, and they've already lied to the Heat fanbase by playing the merger turnover excuse card....Stockton Arena isn't being run correctly either if it's ASM Global not responding to the concerns of the fanbase there.

Henderson Finest

Oct 13, 2019
except....Calgary and ASM Direct hold those rights and it's highly unlikely the city will upgrade both arenas, SF.... the practice facility is a disaster now and that's where the team ends up if a major renovation occurs there....Calgary doesn't operate the arena, ASM does, and they've already lied to the Heat fanbase by playing the merger turnover excuse card....Stockton Arena isn't being run correctly either if it's ASM Global not responding to the concerns of the fanbase there.

I have it on very good authority that Colorado Springs is dead. The Flames made a trip there and decided against moving there. Not saying Stockton is a lock past next year, but with new Flames involvement in negotiations, there is a shimmering of hope for an extension past next year in Stockton.

The City has dedicated $2.2M for improvements to Oak Park, that news directly from City Council. That should help some, and would guess future discussions would include more improvements.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I have it on very good authority that Colorado Springs is dead. The Flames made a trip there and decided against moving there. Not saying Stockton is a lock past next year, but with new Flames involvement in negotiations, there is a shimmering of hope for an extension past next year in Stockton.

The City has dedicated $2.2M for improvements to Oak Park, that news directly from City Council. That should help some, and would guess future discussions would include more improvements.
I hope so, but based off Calgary's track record, I wouldn't trust them to handle negotiations and successfully keep the fanbase informed, I'still would want a full report from ASM Direct in how they are serving the fanbase there in regards to arena management because I detest the excuse that just because a merger occurred in regards to the arena management in Stockton, your fanbase deserves a better answer than sorry, we can't answer that truthfully

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
This has a legitimate reason to go back to Portland unlike most of hutch's nonsense.

See what you did now???

Replace Portland with Glens Falls. Is that better?

Been there too. No better than Portland.

Actually, Portland deserves to land the Flames AHL affiliate. They deserve each other.

Go Gary, IN!!!!!

Reactions: GindyDraws

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
See what you did now???

Been there too. No better than Portland.

Actually, Portland deserves to land the Flames AHL affiliate. They deserve each other.

Go Gary, IN!!!!!
EXCEPT. The Rangers are there and Portland isn't an ASM Global arena, has never been an ASM Arena, it has always been Spectra, which owns the franchise and runs Hartford off-ice

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Portland has always been the same arena management as it always has been going back to 1977...... the same group that now operates both the arena and the tenant/member club, tommy, you're mixing up Portland and Manchester, Manchester is the ASM Arena management

I do not care who manages the arena. If they wants dates filled, they will work with satan himself if necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad