Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ha ha... love this pic.

cut.jpg

CAVENDISH FARMS REPORT - 15.01.19

Lazar keeps scoring big goals when it matters most ... Heat ready to play 8 of next 11 tilts on the road .... Quine piling up the points
There's no question who wants the puck on their stick when the game's on the line.
That was once again proven this past week when Curtis Lazar netted his fourth game-winning goal of the season, pushing the Stockton Heat over divisional foe Ontario Saturday night at Stockton Arena.
"He's been very big for us," said Heat head coach Cail MacLean. "He's done a lot for us in terms of his 5-on-5 play, on special teams, and some overtime goals as well. Really good job by him on the ice, and he's got a lot of character off the ice."

Is Lazar ready to return to the Flames?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I really hope this kid carves out a career in the NHL. He was rushed to the NHL by the Sens and we did him no favours early in his tenure here too.
Go dominate the AHL young man, and we will see you later this year.

I'd like him to become a bottom 6 RW/C we can depend upon for 30 points and some big minutes. The guy's a big personality and could be part of a long term leadership group.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The Heat are also playing Dube at centre. I think this is great as this is his natural position and developing him this way bodes well for the future.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Lazar will replace Hathaway next year as Hathaway is a UFA. We can probably save around $300,000 with that move.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Keep an eye on Bobby Brink as a possibility for Calgary's 1st rounder. Playing with Pospisil in Sioux City

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Curtis is an RFA and will have to be re-signed, but I agree he will push out Hathaway or Ryan for that matter.
I think Czarnik is much more likely to gone than Hathaway, even though Hathaway is an RFA and Czarnik will still have a year left on his contract. I'm pretty sure that Ryan will still be here too unless he ends up in some block buster trade by Tre.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Dube is going to be a stud. This is the one prospect we can’t get rid of. Would way rather trade our first then this kid.
I think it’s pretty easy to get excited about a prospect like Dube, but it’s also important to remember that he’s probably more comparable to Lazar, than anyone else in the organization. We’re gonna have to be patient and develop him properly, over time.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I think Czarnik is much more likely to gone than Hathaway, even though Hathaway is an RFA and Czarnik will still have a year left on his contract. I'm pretty sure that Ryan will still be here too unless he ends up in some block buster trade by Tre.
I would agree with that. I had high expectations from Czarnik, but he hasn't made the jump. He's about the same size as Johnny, but gets knocked off of the puck a lot and does not have elite skating ability like Johnny. The Flames would be better off with Lazar or Hathaway. Ryan is an enigma to me. Yeah he's good on face-offs, but so-so on everything else.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think it’s pretty easy to get excited about a prospect like Dube, but it’s also important to remember that he’s probably more comparable to Lazar, than anyone else in the organization. We’re gonna have to be patient and develop him properly, over time.

Lol no he’s not. He’s going to be a star two-way player. Quote me on it

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’m not saying he’s not, I’m just saying the same things were said about Lazar and their careers are very parallel so far.

I don’t think that’s unfair to say but to me Dillon has elite foot speed which is what separates him from most other prospects imo. Plus he makes great decisions defensively.

I’m not sure he’s going to be a great offensive player but to me he will be the perfect compliment to the rest of our forwards who are more skill oriented. I see Dillon like Backlund in that he will be able to do the defensive stuff against the other team’s best. And often those are the best bang for your buck because scoring is what gets you paid but defensive players like Dillon help you win just as much.

I do think if the offense comes around he’s got a chance to be our second best forward after Johnny. Much like Brayden Point has done in Tampa. But like I said, I think his impact will be more like a Backlund.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I don’t think that’s unfair to say but to me Dillon has elite foot speed which is what separates him from most other prospects imo. Plus he makes great decisions defensively.

I’m not sure he’s going to be a great offensive player but to me he will be the perfect compliment to the rest of our forwards who are more skill oriented. I see Dillon like Backlund in that he will be able to do the defensive stuff against the other team’s best. And often those are the best bang for your buck because scoring is what gets you paid but defensive players like Dillon help you win just as much.

I do think if the offense comes around he’s got a chance to be our second best forward after Johnny. Much like Brayden Point has done in Tampa. But like I said, I think his impact will be more like a Backlund.
Well, hopefully you’re right. I feel pretty safe in saying he won’t be another Point. Point was on his way to having 40 points in 68 games, at the same age. Time will tell, I just haven’t seen anything remotely close to elite in him yet.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Lost in the last 6 games is that Gillies appears to have turned things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce