Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Tyler Bozak signs with the Blues (3 years, $5M AAV)

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Prob 0.5-1M overpaid, good playmaker & shootouts, weak defensively, more of a complimentary C to stronger Ws

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Happy to see Bozie get a nice pay day. Much like JVR he was with the Leafs for the dark days, and as a college free agent has carved out a pretty darn good career IMO.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yet Blues fans got offended when offered a deal around Parayko/Nylander

Enjoy Bozak as your #2C :laugh:

Thanks. No one got offended. Simply didn't want to blow up the back end for a winger.

Ideally Thomas takes over the role midway through the season anyways. Cap hit is irrelevant when we can't sign big name UFAs and we have a plethora of quality prospects coming up as wel as our top 4 secured.

Reactions: Colt55

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I'm okay with the Bozak signing, but combined with Perron it is very underwhelming. Can someone please tell Doug Armstrong that just because you have cap space, it doesn't mean you have to use it?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I'm okay with the Bozak signing, but combined with Perron it is very underwhelming. Can someone please tell Doug Armstrong that just because you have cap space, it doesn't mean you have to use it?

I mean he had to do something. The top 6 is still pretty meh but it was horrific before these signings.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
This make a lot more sense than the Perron sigining.

Clearly we are going to try to re-sign Schenn and role with Schenn, Thomas and Bozak for the next 3 years as our top 3 centers. That works if Thomas is a 60 point center in 2 years.

This is going to be a transition year for the Blues. In the playoff hunt but so painfully obviously not a Cup contender unless Fabbri and Thomas are 50+ point players and Jake Allen doesn't play like Jake Allen anymore.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
I like the term for the Blues. I was sure some GM was going to give him 5 years. Solid signing.

I'll miss Bozak as a Leaf, hope he does well for the Blues.

Reactions: Duffman955

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Much rather have a top 9 of

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Tarasenko
Steen-Thomas-Berglund

Than

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Fabbri-Thomas-Tarasenko
Steen-Barbashev-Berglund

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Bozak is money in the shootout. Good on faceoffs. Not a bad offensive player. Kessel had his best seasons playing with Bozak. I know Kessel had a career high in points this year, but that was very much skewed by the PP. He used to be much more of an offensive threat, blistering speed, odd man rush player, when he played with Bozak.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Good luck to the guy. He's good at draws and shootouts, is good but not great offensively and is below average defensively. Definitely needs a sheltered role for best results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad