Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Expect O'Reilly at center unless Thomas really wows them in preseason. I think Armstrong's idea was for that line to come together by mid-season because they want to bring Thomas along instead of throwing him in the deep end. But we'll see.

Also, don't be surprised if Sanford nudges Barbashev out of the opening night lineup.
You’re right. I remember but forgot to mention that tidbit but still a very good line as far as hockey IQ if Thomas does progress the way the project him too. I don’t see Fabs getting top 6 minutes right off the bat either for that matter. I’m guessing they take it slower with him that they do with RT

Reactions: STLomacneko

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Nice off-season St Louis is having. Sleeper contender if Allen can get his **** together.

Any sentence that has the words "if Allen...." followed by something about not being a terrible inconsistent goalie, you might as well not waste your breath. Equally unlikely statements....

St. Louis will be a contender if....

Allen gets his shit together and plays well; or
the earth spontaneously starts rotating in the other direction; or
Toronto trades us Tavares at 50% retained for Bozak; or
PETA and the SPCA band together for a campaign promoting puppies as an alternative food source in 3rd world counties; or
Toronto/Montreal fans on HF Board stop making trade proposals for Parayko/Thomas; or
Gary Bettman does not get boo'd at a draft; or.....

Insert your own unlikely scenario. Basically, its easier just to say "St. Louis won't be a contender because Allen will never get his shit together."

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Blues are having a good offseason.
they've had an awful run, but their GM has really delivered on his promise to do something about it. Most of all, I have to admire how big the upgrades are compared to what was given up. None of the best players had to be parted with.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Any sentence that has the words "if Allen...." followed by something about not being a terrible inconsistent goalie, you might as well not waste your breath. Equally unlikely statements....

St. Louis will be a contender if....

Allen gets his **** together and plays well; or
the earth spontaneously starts rotating in the other direction; or
Toronto trades us Tavares at 50% retained for Bozak; or
PETA and the SPCA band together for a campaign promoting puppies as an alternative food source in 3rd world counties; or
Toronto/Montreal fans on HF Board stop making trade proposals for Parayko/Thomas; or
Gary Bettman does not get boo'd at a draft; or.....

Insert your own unlikely scenario. Basically, its easier just to say "St. Louis won't be a contender because Allen will never get his **** together."

I like you.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Blues better get a legit backup. They have a solid team but I have no faith in Allen.

What about Allen, cap dump and picks and prospects for Carey price with Montreal retaining 2 million.

Blues have a pretty deep prospect pool

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Blues better get a legit backup. They have a solid team but I have no faith in Allen.

What about Allen, cap dump and picks and prospects for Carey price with Montreal retaining 2 million.

blues have signed chad johnson already

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

No interest in that boat anchor contract. Carey Price moving forward is a big "?"

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
No interest in that boat anchor contract. Carey Price moving forward is a big "?"
As a leafs fan let me tell you he’s easily the best goalie in the NHL. Montreal is a mess, any team that can get him with a retained contract will be smiling. I wouldn’t want to face a motivated and rejuvenated Carey price.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As a leafs fan let me tell you he’s easily the best goalie in the NHL. Montreal is a mess, any team that can get him with a retained contract will be smiling. I wouldn’t want to face a motivated and rejuvenated Carey price.
He's not though, he was and could be again. There is no way I'd pay the price to get him. If he doesn't rebound. Your looking at an 8m/yr goalie for the next 8yrs.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Ok put your hopes in Allen.

I'd rather put my hope in a sub par goalie with a $4.35 million contract for 3 more years than a once superstar, frequently injured goalie that has played sub par for the past few years, on an 8 year, $10 million contract.

Reactions: Dbrownss

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I'd rather put my hope in a sub par goalie with a $4.35 million contract for 3 more years than a once superstar, frequently injured goalie that has played sub par for the past few years, on an 8 year, $10 million contract.
the lesser of evils is better i suppose

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Even with Allen having a subpar year last season, the Blues were 6th best in the NHL in goals against. With the stacked team in front of him, he just needs to be average and that will be enough for the Blues to be serious contenders.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
the lesser of evils is better i suppose

I mean, I'd rather have Price if they were on the same contract, but he's making well more than double and signed for more than twice as long. I have little faith in Allen, but at least his contract is movable. If he sucks this year or is right around average, he's only signed for two more seasons and I'm sure some team would take a chance on him. Plus, retaining on him for 2 years wouldn't hurt the Blues at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad