Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Wow, just floored. Not too often you see any player leave that much money on the table, particularly his best and possibly only chance thus far to cash in. He just signed for 1 season, and possibly less than half of his market value, and easily could have got 3-4 years. That's a lot of money to leave on the table, but clearly this was more important to him, so I can't help but admire this.

There has to be other examples in sports where players have kids that they don't have custody of and want to be in their lives. But I can't think of another example of a player leaving that much money on the table without ever really cashing in previously to play closer to that child.

Reactions: jetsforever

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good deal Blues.......prove it type of one year deal.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Could have paid for his son's family's moving costs and living expenses and given about a million of spare cash and probably made a profit anyway. I wonder...
Except he's not with his son's mother who has chosen to stay in St. Louis. I grew up, went to school, and played highschool hockey with Pat. It has always been his dream to put on the Blue Note. There were many reasons he took a hometown discount.

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
What kind of **** is this... Leafs should have given 2yrs x 2 or 2.5....wtf man

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the Blues are not battling for 1st in their Division by Christmas, Yeo gotta go. Too much talent on that team now to expect anything less.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Only reason he signed that cheap for STL is cause his son lives there. Price wouldn't have been as cheap anywhere else.

I didnt want Maroon. But that is a damn fine dollar amount for his services.

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
As a lifelong blues fan, i’m thrilled to finally be on the beneficial side of propably the most transparently one-sided piece of offseason cap-manipulation in the division.

Also as a lifelong blues fan, i’m completely paranoid that we’re going to end up forfeiting draft picks after he signs a 4x3.5 extension in January after the league decides they need to invent some bullsh!t punishment to retroactively make an example out of someone for this.

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
Perron's signing literally gets zero attention. No one even pays mind to the big discount he gave us for 4 YEARS. Yet, somehow... this guy... who would belong on our fourth line is treated as the deal of the century. Jaskin just got paid 1.1 million. In a fourth line role is Maroon worth much more than Jaskin, if any? Doubtful.

Maroon signed for 1 year... I know there's a lot of bad/dumb GMs, but you'd have to be especially stupid to pay for production from a guy who was playing with the best player in the league, when he won't play with talent anywhere near that on teams with real chances of winning. The most exciting thing about this deal is Maroon must believe he can put up similar numbers without playing with the best player in the world... I hope someone is there to console our tough guy, midseason, when reality hits.

Perron, with Taylor hall (pre best player in league), was nearly a 30/30 player. He had 66 points in 70 games last season... and helped Vegas get to the stanley cup finals. He signed a 4 year deal, at 4 mill per season. That deal is so many orders of magnitude better and more important than this Maroon deal. Maroon must be the best and most attractive guy in the league. And Perron must be a ghost.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Perron's signing literally gets zero attention. No one even pays mind to the big discount he gave us for 4 YEARS. Yet, somehow... this guy... who would belong on our fourth line is treated as the deal of the century. Jaskin just got paid 1.1 million. In a fourth line role is Maroon worth much more than Jaskin, if any? Doubtful.

Maroon signed for 1 year... I know there's a lot of bad/dumb GMs, but you'd have to be especially stupid to pay for production from a guy who was playing with the best player in the league, when he won't play with talent anywhere near that on teams with real chances of winning. The most exciting thing about this deal is Maroon must believe he can put up similar numbers without playing with the best player in the world... I hope someone is there to console our tough guy, midseason, when reality hits.

Perron with Taylor hall was nearly a 30/30 player. He had 66 points in 70 games last season... and helped Vegas get to the stanley cup finals. He signed a 4 year deal, at 4 mill per season. That deal is so many orders of magnitude better and more important than this Maroon deal. Maroon must be the best and most attractive guy in the league. And Perron must be a ghost.

*tilts head to the side*

We got a player who has put up 40 point per season numbers in 4 of his 5 seasons for under 2 million a year, and you are just shitting on it constantly for no real reason. You are weird.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
As a lifelong blues fan, i’m thrilled to finally be on the beneficial side of propably the most transparently one-sided piece of offseason cap-manipulation in the division.

Also as a lifelong blues fan, i’m completely paranoid that we’re going to end up forfeiting draft picks after he signs a 4x3.5 extension in January after the league decides they need to invent some bullsh!t punishment to retroactively make an example out of someone for this.
This X1000...I'm cautiously optimistic but still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I just hope we don't end up losing Edmundson or Parayko over this. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00