Confirmed Trade: [STL/MTL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Some of the comments in this thread :laugh:.

Enjoy the 58th pick in the draft. We'll take our 7th D. Not sure what the problem is.
We moved a 4th for him and got a 2nd and 4th for him. He was a non-factor here and I didn't think he'd get much.
Hope he does well for you, but I love this deal for the Habs

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Montreal got a better return for Scandella from the Blues than we got for ROR (two MASSIVE cap dumps, b prospect, 1st, 2nd).
Glad we got that 4th from Montreal though so we could invest in Frolik, it's funny to see a forward that makes our other crappy forwards look good.

Ever in doubt? Make a trade with Buffalo - we're here to help out!

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Well, you kind of have to overpay a little if you are STL - you won the Cup last year, and one of your top defensemen is likely out for a while (I don't know what the timetable is for a guy who collapses in the bench and needs to be shocked back to life). Possible that a team like STL was not even considering adding a defenseman until this happened, and they went ahead and gave an offer slightly better than an offer that Montreal was kicking around.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
lol nice pile of garbage

Price
Weber
Markov
Pleks
Byron
??? Guy traded 35y old Plekanec for a frickin 2nd round pick.

Weber is the team #1 D. Price is the team #1 G. Byron was picked on the waivers and turned into a 20 goal scorer, and just recovered from a a lenghty injury. Markov was the team #2D and helped the team win its division in his last year before going in the KHL as a UFA.

My guess is you don't know much about the Habs.

Reactions: Steeler23

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
the retention is meaningless for an impending UFA to a non playoff team with cap space
2 mil in dead cap space is not meaningless. It is not very significant but not meaningless.

I have been advocating for using the cap space to our advantage forever now, so I am happy with this deal. We need more deals like that or taking on an expiring contract for picks and prospects.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Montreal got a better return for Scandella from the Blues than we got for ROR (two MASSIVE cap dumps, b prospect, 1st, 2nd).
Glad we got that 4th from Montreal though so we could invest in Frolik, it's funny to see a forward that makes our other crappy forwards look good.

Ever in doubt? Make a trade with Buffalo - we're here to help out!
Eichel for not so old Weber?!?!?! :nod::naughty::nod:

Reactions: Morrison

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If you own like 15 picks in a draft you might get a quality NHL player someday haha

Hah...ha...ha... Like quality for the habs, or great of the league quality ? Quality for this team is being a 3rd liner.

That was Brandon Davidson. Condon was traded for a 5th.

My bad, good call.

True. But maybe that's what the team needs. A few really down years to pick up top talent. Hope for Lafreniere, that will instantly change MTL in every way.

Our 3rd overall picks haven't worked out yet. I think we need 1st, or like 7th. Get someone like Rossi who isn't quite good enough, so we won't rush him.

Bergy knows that and figures that having a **** load of picks means he's bound to luck out on a couple of players.

Pretty much. If you throw enough shit something will stick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
50% retention bumped up the price. Still a good trade but not exactly the fleecing it was imagined to be.
:laugh: Sure it was .You just hate it when the Habs fleece another team as per your post.:D

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Scandella got more than DeMelo after getting less than DeMelo a month ago? What world are we living in, and should Botterill still be a GM in this world?

Reactions: Morrison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad