Confirmed Trade: [STL/MTL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Its not a terrible trade for Stl its just that habs fans are happy that MB basically flipped a 4th for a 2nd. We'll probably draft a dud with that pick, but still....

Baring anything major, that pick, if it pans out, is likely 5-6 years out of being anything impactful.

Timing-wise though, with the age of our core, that's likely a key depth piece further down the road whenever the Habs get back into contention.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
One thing to point out is Sabres were tight against the cap and were carrying 9 NHL d men. Montreal had tons of space so a 4th was fair considering the cap. Habs finally weaponizing their cap space.

Reactions: Edgy

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe he really flew to St. Louis and put Armstrong in a headlock
No, he just walked in with a plaid blazer and bright blue slacks, oozing charisma, and just said ‘c’mon Doug, look at me. Are you really not going to give me what I want?” And that was it. Sold.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
While many don't want to admit it, Bergevin's one of the best-trading GMs in all of NHL.
He has made some nice deals, that said he has seen zero results from them, and the goal is to win the Cup, and he can't get his team to the playoffs......................make trades all you want, what he has done, at times makes no sense.

That being said, flipping a guy for a 2nd who you just gave up a 4th to get, is a nice deal. Will it help them? History says no......unless they can fire him and let a real GM take over.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Bargain bin strikes again. Good value on a guy that only cost them a fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad