R. Lindgren
L. Andersson
B. Lemieux
B.Smith(25%)

to NYR
Ekman-Larsson
J. Oesterle
V.Hinostroza
:laugh: :laugh: So you're basically giving away OEL for trash, Seeing that L Andersson and B Smith both have little to no value. That's a pretty mediocre deal for the Yotes. If you want OEL gone that much Detroit will offer you Abdelkader, Helm and Nielsen. We'll even throw in Bowey.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
:laugh: :laugh: So you're basically giving away OEL for trash, Seeing that L Andersson and B Smith both have little to no value. That's a pretty mediocre deal for the Yotes. If you want OEL gone that much Detroit will offer you Abdelkader, Helm and Nielsen. We'll even throw in Bowey.
Smith is only there for cap considerations. He’s got negative value.

Andersson is worth AT LEAST a mid-2nd rounder. Lindgren has got 20min per game, physical, shut-down potential ala Barret Jackman in his prime. Lemieux is of a kind that is increasingly rare and difficult to acquire. He has plenty of value.

All of Lindgren, Lemieux and Andersson are young and affordable. You’re an idiot if you think that Detroit package has anything to do with the New York package.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
to ARI
R. Lindgren
L. Andersson
B. Lemieux
B.Smith(25%)

to NYR
Ekman-Larsson
J. Oesterle
V.Hinostroza
Seems a bit light for OEL, no? I’m not sure Lindgren is the main piece in an OEL trade. I would do this pretty easily and Lindgren+Lemieux are two of my favorite players. You can keep Hinostroza if you want too lol
We add a 2nd and you add a 1st?
I know OEL fell off but there’s no way he fell off that much
Still not enough? Take out Smith and Hinostroza?

to ARI
R. Lindgren
L. Andersson
B. Lemieux
‘20CAR CNDTL 1st (lesser)

to NYR

Ekman-Larsson
J. Oesterle
‘20ARI 2nd

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Smith is only there for cap considerations. He’s got negative value.

Andersson is worth AT LEAST a mid-2nd rounder. Lindgren has got 20min per game, physical, shut-down potential ala Barret Jackman in his prime. Lemieux is of a kind that is increasingly rare and difficult to acquire. He has plenty of value.

All of Lindgren, Lemieux and Andersson are young and affordable. You’re an idiot if you think that Detroit package has anything to do with the New York package.
:laugh: Andersson's value s worthless right now he's playing overseas like Puljujarvi, You're crazy if you think that Lias Andersson's value is a mid 2nd rounder. The guy is nearing bust territory noway he's worth that. But hey if you want to give OELaway for scraps go right ahead.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
As a blues fan, I like the value. However, there is a $2 million difference between the two going into next season which is pretty significant when we still haven't even locked up Pietro. So I think if you could find a way to take back some salary it could work. Only two players that come to mind that could be a cap dump is Steen or Allen so I'd build from there. On an unrelated note, I know theres absolutely no way stl would ever get keller, but I would love to see him come and play for his home team. Maybe the blues do the schenn trade, then use the extra salary to sign Pietro and do a sign and trade that leads into a 3 way blockbuster that includes Pietro joing the leafs, Matthew's joining the yotes, and keller joining the blues? Oh man that would be a dream come true
Not at all interested in Matthews for Petro as a Leafs fan -- not even with added pieces.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
And the Coyotes just signed OEL. It happens. Look at Carter and Richards as examples.

I think that was a pretty rare circumstance, in that trading them before their extensions kicked in was about sending a message and was done for the sake of getting them off the team. That's a very different message than "we might sign you and then trade you right away if we think it will make the team better", and a harder one to swallow than "if you don't show commitment to the team, the team won't show commitment to you".

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
If I'm Arizona, I'd be interested in something around #16, #21, plus a handful of young players
A home grown talent that resigned at a fair rate easily the best player on their roster and you think Zona should flip him for 2 non lottery pick? That sounds like a terrible idea to me

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Name the team that would pay a premium for OEL, and what would that premium look like?
I'm not sure what that trade looks like but I'm fairly sure the yotes aren't shopping him and second I seriously doubt the Rangers want to pay a lot for him and then have him and Trouba making 16.25 per year with DeAngelo and Fox coming up soon

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
what if we did Schenn and Faulk for OEL and Stepan 50% retained

The whole point is to have a D-core of OEL,Petro, Scandella,Parayko, Dunn, Bortz, Perunovich

New lines(obvi next year)
Schwartz-Thomas-Tarasenko
Sanford-ROR-Perron
Blais-Stepan-Kyrou
Barbs-Sunny- MacMac

Scandella-Petro
OEL-Parayko
Dunn-Bortz
Perunovich

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm not sure what that trade looks like but I'm fairly sure the yotes aren't shopping him and second I seriously doubt the Rangers want to pay a lot for him and then have him and Trouba making 16.25 per year with DeAngelo and Fox coming up soon

I wasn't arguing that the Rangers would be interested

I said if I were Arizona, I would consider something around those 2 picks and a handful of young players

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
How in the world can the Blues afford an $8.5 million Oliver Ekman-Larsson on top of Pietrangelo seeking around $9 million to $9.5 million per for 8 years. They don't have the cap for it. That's why.
Shed bozaks 5, Allen’s 4.3, steens 5.8 or Faulks 6.5

Schenn and Faulk for OEL alone or stepan 50% would be a gain in cap space and a huge upgrade

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
I wasn't arguing that the Rangers would be interested

I said if I were Arizona, I would consider something around those 2 picks and a handful of young players
I don't think you know what your arguing... Those 2 picks are owned by the Rangers

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

The whole point is to have a D-core of OEL,Petro, Scandella,Parayko, Dunn, Bortz, Perunovich

Sanford-ROR-Perron
Blais-Stepan-Kyrou
Barbs-Sunny- MacMac

Scandella-Petro
OEL-Parayko
Dunn-Bortz
Perunovich
Mikkola?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Sanford-ROR-Perron
Blais-Stepan-Kyrou
Barbs-Sunny- MacMac

Scandella-Petro
OEL-Parayko
Dunn-Bortz
Perunovich
No thanks. Schenn is huge part of team. Not many players with his combination of skill and physical play, even less who can play center. For a team whose identity is physical play, how can you deal him? And for what? If you want to work deal around Faulk for OEL that could make sense for Blues (maybe not Coyotes), but not at cost of Schenn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad