Proposal: STL/ARI: Brayden Schenn for Ekman-Larsson

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
As a blues fan, I like the value. However, there is a $2 million difference between the two going into next season which is pretty significant when we still haven't even locked up Pietro. So I think if you could find a way to take back some salary it could work. Only two players that come to mind that could be a cap dump is Steen or Allen so I'd build from there. On an unrelated note, I know theres absolutely no way stl would ever get keller, but I would love to see him come and play for his home team. Maybe the blues do the schenn trade, then use the extra salary to sign Pietro and do a sign and trade that leads into a 3 way blockbuster that includes Pietro joing the leafs, Matthew's joining the yotes, and keller joining the blues? Oh man that would be a dream come true

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
As i just mentioned in the other thread, Blues JUST resigned Schenn for 8-years. Trading him immediately wouldn't sit well with potential free-agents, or convincing guys (say Pietrangelo) to take a 'home-town' discount. Good basis for a trade, just very, very unlikely.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As i just mentioned in the other thread, Blues JUST resigned Schenn for 8-years. Trading him immediately wouldn't sit well with potential free-agents, or convincing guys (say Pietrangelo) to take a 'home-town' discount. Good basis for a trade, just very, very unlikely.
And the Coyotes just signed OEL. It happens. Look at Carter and Richards as examples.

rt

May 13, 2004
As a blues fan, I like the value. However, there is a $2 million difference between the two going into next season which is pretty significant when we still haven't even locked up Pietro. So I think if you could find a way to take back some salary it could work. Only two players that come to mind that could be a cap dump is Steen or Allen so I'd build from there. On an unrelated note, I know theres absolutely no way stl would ever get keller, but I would love to see him come and play for his home team. Maybe the blues do the schenn trade, then use the extra salary to sign Pietro and do a sign and trade that leads into a 3 way blockbuster that includes Pietro joing the leafs, Matthew's joining the yotes, and keller joining the blues? Oh man that would be a dream come true
Part of the reason you like the value is because I factored the cap difference into the proposal. ;)

I guess if we have to talk about evening up the cap hit, you could add Steen and we could add Grabner? :dunno: But I guess I’d prefer to leave it 1:1 and let you guys figure out a subsequent trade elsewhere.

I’d be open to taking about Keller. But that’s probably a deal that doesn’t also include OEL. Unless, like you said, Matthews was headed our way. Haha. :)

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
If petro walks I think this works. I think the value leans blues though unless oel has trended down faster than i thought. I'm expecting Schenn to fall off a cliff at 32 like power forwards in every sport seem to do.

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
I can’t create threads yet so I’m hijacking

What do the Rangers need to offer for OEL? He’d be a good fit for us

Interesting pieces-Lundkvist, K. Miller, Georgiev, both 2020 first round picks, 2021 first, Andersson, Buchnevich, Howden, Strome, M. Robertson

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg

Interesting pieces-Lundkvist, K. Miller, Georgiev, both 2020 first round picks, 2021 first, Andersson, Buchnevich, Howden, Strome, M. Robertson

Doubt Arizona is interested in any combo of those pieces. If they’re trading OEL they’ll want someone established back.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Doubt Arizona is interested in any combo of those pieces. If they’re trading OEL they’ll want someone established back.

If I'm Arizona, I'd be interested in something around #16, #21, plus a handful of young players

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Part of the reason you like the value is because I factored the cap difference into the proposal. ;)

I guess if we have to talk about evening up the cap hit, you could add Steen and we could add Grabner? :dunno: But I guess I’d prefer to leave it 1:1 and let you guys figure out a subsequent trade elsewhere.

I’d be open to taking about Keller. But that’s probably a deal that doesn’t also include OEL. Unless, like you said, Matthews was headed our way. Haha. :)

Steen has a no-trade clause, so at his age I would imagine he's content to play out his final year with the contending Blues

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not really interested in futures for OEL.

Why not?

Arizona doesn't currently have a core group that would be considered a legit contender, so why not continue to strengthen the foundation by adding picks and prospects?

rt

May 13, 2004
Why not?

Arizona doesn't currently have a core group that would be considered a legit contender, so why not continue to strengthen the foundation by adding picks and prospects?
Honestly, my #1 preference would be to fire everyone, and trade everyone. I hate everything about my team. But since that won't happen, I want a goddamned center who can play right now.

rt

May 13, 2004
As a blues fan, I like the value...On an unrelated note, I know theres absolutely no way stl would ever get keller, but I would love to see him come and play for his home team... Oh man that would be a dream come true
What about?

To STL:
OEL
Keller

To ARI:
Schenn
Dunn
Kyrou
Kostin

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Also, subtracting Schenn, Dunn and Kostin and adding OEL and Keller makes us significantly smaller and softer. I know everyone loves sexy flash and dash, but we didn't win a cup with soft. We also need Kyrou's speed. Sorry, I understand why people like Keller, but that proposal does not make us a better team.

rt

May 13, 2004

to ARI
R. Lindgren
L. Andersson
B. Lemieux
B.Smith(25%)

to NYR
Ekman-Larsson
J. Oesterle
V.Hinostroza

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
to ARI
R. Lindgren
L. Andersson
B. Lemieux
B.Smith(25%)

to NYR
Ekman-Larsson
J. Oesterle
V.Hinostroza
Seems a bit light for OEL, no? I’m not sure Lindgren is the main piece in an OEL trade. I would do this pretty easily and Lindgren+Lemieux are two of my favorite players. You can keep Hinostroza if you want too lol

Reactions: Heldig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad