Post-Game Talk: Still winless and even more royally pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
that's fine

but that doesn't change things, and it's not about ward, the point i'm making is about nasreddine. his PK #s are great, but he's still an ass defensive coach, even if our defensive roster sucks

same w ward - everyone here HATED ward, even though our PP was great. forwards sucked, but it's his job to adjust the team to NOT be the 3rd worst team for GF/GP. get what i'm saying?
Yea, I get it, I just entirely disagree with how you are viewing it.

I think he got the best production out of what he had, including at ES. On the otherhand, I have said REPEATEDLY that the mickey mouse jr defensive "system" these guys try to run will NEVER work in the NHL. I've probably bitched about the "system" in depth in over 100 posts. They don't understand fundamental positioning or stick work. It's horrifying. No exaggeration.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Amazing how calm Hynes is after a game like that. Wonder how Torts would have handled this presser...

Acceptance. He's probably relieved that he wont have to take the bullet for this shit show anymore.

Shero is probably the one freaking out. A new coach isn't going to fix this poorly put together team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because anyone with two eyes sees goaltending isn’t the issue here.
It isn't helping though and Schneider has a history of not being good for 30% of a decade now and is 33 and has serious injury problems.

I think the hope was that Blackwood would build on last season and be able to be a 1b or even the starter.

And I do still think that's possible for Big Mac, but I don't think Cory is gonna finish this season with a higher save percentage than the last 3 years. Not even with a coaching change. I wouldn't rule it out, but I think the more we play him, the less chances of him being efficient are.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Because anyone with two eyes sees goaltending isn’t the issue here.

It's A issue, not THE issue...it's about sixth on our list of concerns right now behind the staff, the D, the lack of leadership, new additions doing squat and key players like Hall, Palmieri and Subban crapping out.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
If our fans do that, I hope they get banned from the building for being an embarrassment.

Jack is one of the few guys generating anything right now. You can’t expect a teenager to carry the team.

No no, sorry I wasn't clear - it won't be our fans. It'll be the 10,000 Rangers fans in the building on Thursday that'll chant that.

It's going to be a 60-40 crowd in favor of the bad guys imo

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I was listening to the radio broadcast and before Nico went out Chico said something like "There looks like something is bothering Nico" but I don't think anyone knows what happened.

When Bratt scored and they showed the team bench, I noticed Nico looked like he was in pain.

Reactions: Aethon

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No no, sorry I wasn't clear - it won't be our fans. It'll be the 10,000 Rangers fans in the building on Thursday that'll chant that.

It's going to be a 60-40 crowd in favor of the bad guys imo

Yeah I do see that...I hadn't considered the Kakko chants in our building but I could see that scenario play out as you describe :P

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
6 game losing streak, same coaching and his garbage system and lack of game Management.
CA126026-CDAA-44DF-B07A-8AD0A2584D94.jpeg

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Why wouldn't it? The other backup might outplay by Blackwood and Schneider (who has played like a backup for years and isn't even reliable enough health wise to be counted on as a starter), but I do think regardless, Hynes needs to go and I'd start Blackwood on Thursday night.

the goaltending would be so much more frustrating if the team in front didn't suck so.. bad.. the team in front is just making the awful goalie play we have gotten slide under the radar.. but maybe if the goalies would have stole a game or won a shootout the confidence may be better who knows..

Reactions: Bleedred

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Just got back from the game.

Was having a great time until the last 10 seconds of the 2nd period.

Taylor Hall never seemed to look at the net on the 2nd Devils goal. His eyes were on Zacha the whole time.

There was a pathetic "Fire Hynes!" chant near end of 3rd period, lots of boos however.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goaltending was always a question mark heading into this season. I think everything else really wasn't. So it's no surprise that our goalies aren't stopping a lot of pucks, but the rest is pretty surprising.

I mean, I guess it's also not surprising that our power play is so bad. That was predictable as soon as we promoted Tricky Dick.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just got back from the game.

Was having a great time until the last 10 seconds of the 2nd period.

Taylor Hall never seemed to look at the net on the 2nd Devils goal. His eyes were on Zacha the whole time.

There was a pathetic "Fire Hynes!" chant near end of 3rd period, lots of boos however.
The Fire Hynes chant is not pathetic. It's something that needs to happen right away.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He didn't even bench him during the game, he started the 3rd period and was on for another goal against.

And then he subtweets him, essentially, in the presser.

Spineless ****ing fruit.

He cemented that when he was cool as a cucumber on the bench after the late penalty in the Oilers game, after the egregious hold on Hall was let go. He’s gotta show SOME emotion there.

For a guy that supposedly loves tenacity and “compete,” he has zero fight in him. ****ing wet wad of toilet paper.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
there was a shift where nico took a face off in the o zone and the panthers iced the puck right away and nico went off and zacha took the next faceoff between hall and palms. he looked in pain on the bench but took another shift after that

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Fire Hynes chant is not pathetic. It's something that needs to happen right away.

He probably means pathetic in that it was five people chanting it. I doubt there were more than about five thousand left in the building at game's end.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Yea, I get it, I just entirely disagree with how you are viewing it.

I think he got the best production out of what he had, including at ES. On the otherhand, I have said REPEATEDLY that the mickey mouse jr defensive "system" these guys try to run will NEVER work in the NHL. I've probably *****ed about the "system" in depth in over 100 posts. They don't understand fundamental positioning or stick work. It's horrifying. No exaggeration.
oh i agree.

but what i was sayin about an assistant coach being worse than nas was honestly off of my historical memory of how much he was hated on in here. and idk if there's a provable stat to show that he got the best out of the guys he had here, but at the end of the day, we were still 3rd worst GF/GP, despite being 7th worst for points. not that far off, but not on par with our points

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I was listening to the radio broadcast and before Nico went out Chico said something like "There looks like something is bothering Nico" but I don't think anyone knows what happened.

He also called the team brain dead and boneheaded within 10 minutes of each other lol...that's how bad it is.

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad