Post-Game Talk: Still winless and even more royally pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
its not he is a very below average NHL goalie.. if we had a better coach and better players they would still have a losing record.. they don't have NHL quality goaltending..
Our goalie isn't the problem...but he sure isn't the solution either

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Sorry, I ninja edited btw
that's fine

but that doesn't change things, and it's not about ward, the point i'm making is about nasreddine. his PK #s are great, but he's still an ass defensive coach, even if our defensive roster sucks

same w ward - everyone here HATED ward, even though our PP was great. forwards sucked, but it's his job to adjust the team to NOT be the 3rd worst team for GF/GP. get what i'm saying?

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
If you are trading key pieces out at game 6, you are tanking.

They need to fire Hynes and try to get someone in here to get them competitive again
exactly .... the coaching change has to come before the trading takes place in this circumstance. ... I personally I don't want Taylor hall back for 11 million I don't think he is worth it. he isn't worth that kind of money to this team...

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Shero shouldn't go unscathed either....The coaching sucks for sure...That has been obvious for years. But this team is not constructed well.

He’s squarely on the hot seat, Hynes is his guy and he built this trash heap of a team

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Blackwood hasn't looked good though and Cory hasn't been good since 3 years ago and we have zero wins.

I think it does make sense to do this, but it also makes sense to give Blackwood a longer look (Which he hasn't deserved yet this year, but it's time to throw him out there), but with the team being winless, it's a move Shero might be quicker to make than if it were later in the season or if we were treading .500.

There is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. And then there is suggesting bringing in another backup will solve literally anything.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Amazing how calm Hynes is after a game like that. Wonder how Torts would have handled this presser...

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
images
wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252Fanimated-rampage.gif%252Ffull-fit-in__1200x2000.gif

Me had I actually been at work today.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He’s squarely on the hot seat, Hynes is his guy and he built this trash heap of a team
It would be nice if he addressed the media or at least put out some sort of statement...You know for all the talk of the New Devils being accessible and social media savy it would be nice to hear from the GM.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
MacLean went 9-22-2 before getting fired. Let that sink in. He was HORRIBLE and still was 1-4-1 by this point.

there was a TON of loyalty though involved there. mac with the team/fans/lou also it was his first year coaching. this is hynes what 4th?

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
MacLean went 9-22-2 before getting fired. Let that sink in. He was HORRIBLE and still was 1-4-1 by this point.

and the season was unrecoverable.. the organization with which this team plays is not capable of 7/8 game winning streaks and the prospect of a 7/8 game winning streak is laughable considering the talent or lack thereof on defense and in net.. sometimes things look good on paper because in your mind you assume for the best possible outcomes:

Schneider will be his old self
PK will be the true #1 defenseman we needed
Hall will be lights out
Hughes will take the league by storm
Hischier in year 3 will be a stud.
Ty Smith will be a legit top 4 dman

none of these things look like they are real . in fact maybe Schneider is kinda done as an elite goalie ( I think he is) .. PK is not a good #1 man... Hall...maybe there is a reason he is always on losing teams.. Hughes is 5...... Hischier looks to be a nice player...not elite thought... ty smith who knows.. .. Greene is still this teams best defenseman... and therein lies the problem..

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

we also had some bad luck games in that stretch like the one vs Colorado where we piled it in and Marty let in a few soft ones to lose.

This is far far worse. We are the team getting dummied now

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. And then there is suggesting bringing in another backup will solve literally anything.
Why wouldn't it? The other backup might outplay by Blackwood and Schneider (who has played like a backup for years and isn't even reliable enough health wise to be counted on as a starter), but I do think regardless, Hynes needs to go and I'd start Blackwood on Thursday night.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I see Nico played 5:22, could anyone please tell me what happened?
I was listening to the radio broadcast and before Nico went out Chico said something like "There looks like something is bothering Nico" but I don't think anyone knows what happened.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
one can hope losing two 4-1 leads, getting spanked 7-2 and getting shutout twice is enough to fire Hynes. one can hope

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even Minnesota won today.

Only Chicago is winless, other than us and I think they've only played like 3 games.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
and the season was unrecoverable.. the organization with which this team plays is not capable of 7/8 game winning streaks and the prospect of a 7/8 game winning streak is laughable considering the talent or lack thereof on defense and in net.. sometimes things look good on paper because in your mind you assume for the best possible outcomes:

Schneider will be his old self
PK will be the true #1 defenseman we needed
Hall will be lights out
Hughes will take the league by storm
Hischier in year 3 will be a stud.
Ty Smith will be a legit top 4 dman

none of these things look like they are real . in fact maybe Schneider is kinda done as an elite goalie ( I think he is) .. PK is not a good #1 man... Hall...maybe there is a reason he is always on losing teams.. Hughes is 5...... Hischier looks to be a nice player...not elite thought... ty smith who knows.. .. Greene is still this teams best defenseman... and therein lies the problem..
coaching makes a massive difference

said it earlier - look at cory and sevo at worlds. systems make a MASSIVE difference

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Why wouldn't it? The other backup might outplay by Blackwood and Schneider (who has played like a backup for years and isn't even reliable enough health wise to be counted on as a starter), but I do think regardless, Hynes needs to go and I'd start Blackwood on Thursday night.

Because anyone with two eyes sees goaltending isn’t the issue here.

Reactions: Call Me Al
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad