Post-Game Talk: Still winless and even more royally pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Goaltending was always a question mark heading into this season. I think everything else really wasn't. So it's no surprise that our goalies aren't stopping a lot of pucks, but the rest is pretty surprising.

I mean, I guess it's also not surprising that our power play is so bad. That was predictable as soon as we promoted Tricky Dick.

Eh, I knew Hynes was not a good coach and wasn't super confident he'd be able to get this team playing the way they're capable of.

Reactions: Bleedred

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Acceptance. He's probably relieved that he wont have to take the bullet for this **** show anymore.

Shero is probably the one freaking out. A new coach isn't going to fix this poorly put together team.

Bet you had zero qualms with the roster in September. Even if you did, there’s not a shot you’d call it “poorly assembled.”

Guess what? It’s the same friggin group of players.

The problem isn’t the players, it’s the morons that have no idea how to maximize them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This just sucks so much. Absolutely nothing is going right.

It's somehow a hair easier to go through this now that I've seen this script before. 2010 felt like the worst thing in the world at the time...2010 version 2.0 this year is almost laughable at this point. I expended most of my misery last Friday, I knew after that this wasn't gonna go well.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Because anyone with two eyes sees goaltending isn’t the issue here.
Nor was it last year, or the year before.
The system has always sucked for our defense and made every goalie (wedge, cory, Kinkaid, blackwood, applebee) look bad. Hell, it would make brodeur look bad at times.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Acceptance. He's probably relieved that he wont have to take the bullet for this **** show anymore.

Shero is probably the one freaking out. A new coach isn't going to fix this poorly put together team.

The team has holes but it’s a work in progress. That should have been expected coming into the season. That said, there is absolutely no chance that Hynes is getting the most out of this team. They should not even be close to this bad. Teams spot NJ 3+ goals and then laugh on the bench as they watch the Devils shit all over themselves. Even if they continue to struggle winning games, enough is enough of this shit show. I would just appreciate watching a team that at least appears that they have even the slightest idea of what they’re supposed to be doing out there.

Reactions: David Conte

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He also called the team brain dead and boneheaded within 10 minutes of each other lol...that's how bad it is.
There was one point when Chico goes "What are Severson and Subban doing" ....A few minutes later Matt goes "what the problem, who isn't doing their job" And Chico just makes a strange sound that sounded like "Whoa"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At the very least, Kowalsky needs to be re-assigned to some other task. And NOT the PK!

The Sharks did this with their assistants last year when things weren't working.

Let Grier coach the power play and Kowalsky can do whatever the hell he was doing or be the eye in the sky coach the rest of the year. Then you fire him with Hynes whenever he goes, or at the end of the year if Hynes is relieved before that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The team has holes but it’s a work in progress. That should have been expected coming into the season. That said, there is absolutely no chance that Hynes is getting the most out of this team. They should not even be close to this bad. Teams spot NJ 3+ goals and then laugh on the bench as they watch the Devils **** all over themselves. Even if they continue to struggle winning games, enough is enough of this **** show. I would just appreciate watching a team that at least appears that they have even the slightest idea of what they’re supposed to be doing out there.

They still haven’t scored a PP goal and the PK is still awful.

That’s all coaching.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh, I knew Hynes was not a good coach and wasn't super confident he'd be able to get this team playing the way they're capable of.
I wasn't confident in him either, but thought maybe we could make the playoffs with this improved roster.

Also providing the goaltending is at least average.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I wasn't confident in him either, but thought maybe we could make the playoffs with this improved roster.

Also providing the goaltending is at least average.

True, I wasn't expecting them to be dead last in the standings, pp, and pk. jesus. (well they're technically not dead last in the standings but they might as well be, loser points don't count).

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
lol the goaltending isn’t the issue when the pp can’t score a goal and the d can’t make a tape to tape pass out of danger and the wings can’t clear the puck

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The game turned after the power play shit the bed twice. All the momentum from earlier in the 2nd was lost.

I jokingly said Joel was sending us to the PP on purpose, but it actually worked for him.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I'm now actually pretty happy that Smith got sent back to be spared from this **** show.
My bigger concern right now is the bad habits that might be forming with the younger players. They need a real f***ing NHL coach to teach them the game at this level the right way. This is a f***ing amateur shitshow.

Reactions: palek1019
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad