Frankfurt
Sorry but Phil Housley =
Rolston8.jpg

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
U: I convinced myself after the last game that they can still get back in this thing. Tonight, I just don't care, they don't care, Botts doesn't care. I'll watch when there is nothing better on but this team is somehow worse than last years.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Looks like we’re headed for 6th consecutive top 10 pick. This’ll be the one that turns it around. I can feel it.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
B
Jack's body language throughout the game
No one goes to the net
Everyone plays on the perimeter
Housley, our GM, our Development staff, our Owner, our Captain, our Players

Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. Playoff race ends in February for us.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
B
Jack's body language throughout the game
No one goes to the net
Everyone plays on the perimeter
Housley, our GM, our Development staff, our Owner, our Captain, our Players

Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. Playoff race ends in February for us.

The U in this is when the clowns in charge sell your last sentence as progress

Reactions: slip

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
The team knows just as much as we do that the hope was probably dashed at 3-3-1 in that homestand.

When teams know they're shot and the initial slinking shoulders haven't worn out yet, they play games like this. It's universal among those ~17th-23rd place teams every year.

Let's see if we paint the efforts this phenomenon induces as a "continuation of fundamental locker room issues that will dog these specific players forever" or if we've learned from last season. I don't think I can take another offseason where more discussion is spent on parsing out-of-context quotes than on watching, re-watching, and thinking about the actual things that happen on the ice.

I'm frustrated that I'm not confident the actual front office is even going to do this

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
G:
Suckbot- Suckbutt- Sorry, Sobotka looked better than normal in the period and a half I caught.

B/U: Everything else.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Kings fan but live in Buffalo and follow the Sabres. Have to say, over these years it's always been finger pointing at the coach but with Housley I really do think he is the problem.

The quick goals allowed after scoring one, the inability to string together 2 wins and the defensive zone breakdowns. Gotta put it on the coach, but obviously the roster needs work as well.

I think you should can him, but at the same time what great coaching candidate is going to want to come to an organization that has had a revolving door of coaches the last few years? The guy can only assume he's going to have a 2 year shelf life. It's a tough situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad