Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
As much as I don't think I can handle it, what if this year we re-write the 2013 script? Been identical so far through 3 games.

- Lose Game 1 in Boston, check.
- Win Game 2 in Boston, check.
- Lose Game 3 in Toronto, check.
- Lose Game 4 in Toronto?
- Win Game 5 in Boston?
- Win Game 6 in Toronto?
- Slay the Dragon Game 7 in Boston
I for sure think the series goes 7

I just don’t see us pulling out a W

It’ll be Bostunned 4.0

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Panthers up 3-0 in series against Lightning... so thats what awaits us if by some miracle make it out of this round...

I dont think it even goes 5 games vs Panthers like last year.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40
Sep 18, 2009
Panthers up 3-0 in series against Lightning... so thats what awaits us if by some miracle make it out of this round...

I dont think it even goes 5 games vs Panthers like last year.
Panthers are trash bunch of scrubs having a career year

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Coyle ..... 25 goals .. 60 points @ $5.25 mil
vs
Tavares .. 29 goals .. 65 points @ $11 mil

So Leafs 2nd line Center Tavares has a Difference of 4 goals & 5 points & +$5.75 mil

Boston is getting Coyle and Marchand combined cap for nearly the same cap as Tavares.

When you start comparing player's contract to the one JT has, everything looks good.

Coyle was 40 point player when he signed, now he is 60 point player as team's only C. But I concede, we have contracts that make him look good.

Compared to JT and Marner, Ok contract. Compared to Pasta,Marchand,Bergy and Krejci making 6-7 at the time it's a miss.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We’ll be a worse team. Anyway, we can’t trade any of them without their blessing, oh a few said we could but whenever I reply, How? They never get back to me. Even JT will be back but at about half what he makes now. Unless you are willing to let them walk for free they are here for the duration of their careers. Keefe can go though.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
When you start comparing player's contract to the one JT has, everything looks good.

Coyle was 40 point player when he signed, now he is 60 point player as team's only C. But I concede, we have contracts that make him look good.

Even when corrected, you just can't help yourself.

You'd rather continue to lie, even though everyone knows your lying and you've been corrected in this very thread.

Why are you saying that Charlie Coyle is the Bruins "only" centre? The centre who led the Bruins in ice time this season is *not* Charlie Coyle.

Please explain to us all how you arrived at the conclusion that Coyle is the Bruins "only" centre, when Pavel Zacha, who had 59 points this season, actually averaged *more* ice time per game than Coyle did?

For the love of God, just take a knee. You're wrong, you've been told you're wrong, it's been shown you're wrong and you're still in here spewing the same nonsense.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
As much as I don't think I can handle it, what if this year we re-write the 2013 script? Been identical so far through 3 games.

- Lose Game 1 in Boston, check.
- Win Game 2 in Boston, check.
- Lose Game 3 in Toronto, check.
- Lose Game 4 in Toronto?
- Win Game 5 in Boston?
- Win Game 6 in Toronto?
- Slay the Dragon Game 7 in Boston
Boston aren't blowing a 3-1 lead for the 2nd season in a row. You can sense / feel that their experience is starting to take over the series.

The Leafs also have 1 win in 9 against them. It'll be 1 in 10 if they lose Saturday. They aren't going from 1 in 10, to winning 3 straight.

Lots of hockey left to be played, but I felt game 3 was pivotal, and now the series is basically over.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Boston aren't blowing a 3-1 lead for the 2nd season in a row. You can sense / feel that their experience is starting to take over the series.

The Leafs also have 1 win in 9 against them. It'll be 1 in 10 if they lose Saturday. They aren't going from 1 in 10, to winning 3 straight.

Lots of hockey left to be played, but I felt game 3 was pivotal, and now the series is basically over.
The Leafs have no answer and I think Boston would have to completely collapse if the Leafs are to win the series.

Reactions: Tak7

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Even when corrected, you just can't help yourself.

You'd rather continue to lie, even though everyone knows your lying and you've been corrected in this very thread.

Why are you saying that Charlie Coyle is the Bruins "only" centre? The centre who led the Bruins in ice time this season is *not* Charlie Coyle.

Please explain to us all how you arrived at the conclusion that Coyle is the Bruins "only" centre, when Pavel Zacha, who had 59 points this season, actually averaged *more* ice time per game than Coyle did?

For the love of God, just take a knee. You're wrong, you've been told you're wrong, it's been shown you're wrong and you're still in here spewing the same nonsense.

What exactly was corrected? ROFL Coyle is the only C on the team and he sucks so much they have to use WINGER Zacha as 1st line C.

Coyle was 40 point C when he signed his contract, an abomination of a contract when compared to his teammates. It's not even up for debate (never was if you paid attention at any point since his signing :D).

Again, what confuses you?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We’ll be a worse team. Anyway, we can’t trade any of them without their blessing, oh a few said we could but whenever I reply, How? They never get back to me. Even JT will be back but at about half what he makes now. Unless you are willing to let them walk for free they are here for the duration of their careers. Keefe can go though.
Once the team asks a player to waive the NM then the relationship is broken and it would be in the players best interest to be traded. With Marner I’d expect a crap show and they won’t get proper value for him other than cap space

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What exactly was corrected? ROFL Coyle is the only C on the team and he sucks so much they have to use WINGER Zacha as 1st line C.

Coyle was 40 point C when he signed his contract, an abomination of a contract when compared to his teammates. It's not even up for debate (never was if you paid attention at any point since his signing :D).

Again, what confuses you?

I truly feel sorry for you.

You can't help yourself.

You truly need a recap? Here's what was corrected:

You claimed that Charlie Coyle was a "fourth line centre."

You claimed that Charlie Coyle was a "third line centre."

You claimed that Charlie Coyle was grossly overpaid.

You claimed that Charlie Coyle had 60 points because he had "significant ice time."

You claimed the Charlie Coyle was the only centre on the team.

And now, in the second post where you've doubled down on being completely wrong and refusing to admit it, you've added a brand new lie: You claimed that Pavel Zacha; who just put up 59 points and led Bruins centres in ice time, is a "winger" despite him playing centre going all the way back to Junior.

This will be my final response to you. There's no point having a conversation with someone that just makes up their own facts.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Once the team asks a player to waive the NM then the relationship is broken and it would be in the players best interest to be traded. With Marner I’d expect a crap show and they won’t get proper value for him other than cap space
Do you prefer they do with Marner what they did with Nylander? I'd move Marner in a heartbeat if I could get close to fair market value and cap space. I think this core needs to be broken up and Marner is the one to go because he will demand ridiculous money and Tavares will probably agree to take a team friendly number. Build around Matthews and Nylander.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Do you prefer they do with Marner what they did with Nylander? I'd move Marner in a heartbeat if I could get close to fair market value and cap space. I think this core needs to be broken up and Marner is the one to go because he will demand ridiculous money and Tavares will probably agree to take a team friendly number. Build around Matthews and Nylander.
If Marner continues to play like he has then I think it’s prudent for them to look at moving him. Far too many times we’ve seen him unable or unwilling to compete in playoff games. Yet, he still has time to prove himself regardless of whether they win or lose the series against Boston.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

I think everyone just needs to take a big, deep breath. They key will be for the Leafs to win game 5 and give themselves a chance to end the series at home in game 6.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think everyone just needs to take a big, deep breath. They key will be for the Leafs to win game 5 and give themselves a chance to end the series at home in game 6.
Exactly what they did in 2019 and then proceeded to shit the bed. If Sammy can't get the shambles out of his head after letting in that first goal, it's more likely Bruins in 5.

That goal goes in 2x in about 100 shots.

Here are the numbers we are up against. Far from playoff choker.

1714138038088.png

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Exactly what they did in 2019 and then proceeded to shit the bed. If Sammy can't get the shambles out of his head after letting in that first goal, it's more likely Bruins in 5.

View attachment 859859
Everyone's allowed to get quality goaltending expect for the Leafs, we are just told its the forwards fault (8 years so far, i'd argue it's been the forwards fault twice). How are you expected to win when on average, you need to score 4 goals a game lol...

Samsonov playoff stats:
2022-2023 - 9GP, 3.13 GA and .898 save%
2023-2024 - 3GP 3.05 GA and .895 save%

Campbell:
2020-2021 - 7GP, 1.81GA and .934save% (dont' know how you lose a series with these numbers)
2021-2022 - 7gp 3.15 GA and .897save%

Andersen:
2016-2017 - 6gp, 2.68 GA and 915%save%
2017-2018 - 7gp, 3.76GA and .896 svae%
2018-2019 - 7GP 2.75 GA and .922 save%
2019-2020 - 5GP 1.84 GA and .936save% (don't know how you lose a series with these numbers.)

Reactions: OddyOh and ToneDog

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

View attachment 859859
Good God, that is a grand total of 2 games. Have him play 3 or 4 more and the numbers will average down.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The Leafs have no answer and I think Boston would have to completely collapse if the Leafs are to win the series.
I tend to agree.

I don't know how much Boston is capable of elevating their game relative to what we've already seen, but they've managed to keep the Leafs awfully quiet at ES doing what they've been doing all year, and for the last 9 games against us.

Plus, let's be honest - Pastrnak has been so quiet through 3 games, and that's not going to continue being the case. 2-1 up without Pastrnak having checked in yet, is such a luxury

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I tend to agree.

I don't know how much Boston is capable of elevating their game relative to what we've already seen, but they've managed to keep the Leafs awfully quiet at ES doing what they've been doing all year, and for the last 9 games against us.

Plus, let's be honest - Pastrnak has been so quiet through 3 games, and that's not going to continue being the case. 2-1 up without Pastrnak having checked in yet, is such a luxury
Saturday has the feel of a 5-1 type game with Pastrnak scoring a couple.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad