Pre-Game Talk: Still Pre-Season ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Still waiting for them to trade Maatta for Duchene I take it?

I never advocated for Duchene...Sorry I wanted better than Rowney and McKegg or McClement. You'll realize how big of a mistake this is after a regular season game or two or at least I hope that's all it will take for you.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
It's not so simple until Phil gets his head out of his ass, which will hopefully be next week when the games start counting.

b324281f7da7946d8920311444f50522.jpg

Reactions: NJPensFan5

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I said THIS summer

Pens x, contrary opinions are awesome. But you have played the role of angsty teen angry with everything very well THIS summer.

Dont forget, this is just a game. It really doesnt matter if the Pens are good or not. Your life will go on. Try to enjoy the entire process, even if the roster isnt 2001 Red Wings level of pro.

If JR pulls off some moves, great. It not. Whatever, man.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Jay will get a contract from a team though, he wasn't terrible, but he was bland as hell and didn't really do anything to separate himself from the Rowney's and McKegg's of the group.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yeah, but I think it will be for the 4C. I'm guessing they may play Rowney at 3C at the moment. If they keep both Mcs, however, I think they'll have to get rid of two other players. I'm not sure that's ideal. Kuhn made a case for himself today. I think they want to hold on to DP for a possible trade. I'm not sure what they're going to do....but that makes me think only one of the Mcs stays
Yeah, I'm not sure. I think that McKegg might be better for the 4th line, bringing them some speed. And Rowney might be better for the 3rd, bringing a little more poise, for lack of a better word. But it seems like Sully has the opposite planned.

Agreed on Kuhn and DP. If there's no trade, I think Archie is the odd man out. I hope he clears. Question is, do we stick Horny on IR and buy a few more days to try to move DP or do we try to sneak Archie through waivers with the rest of the league's cuts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens x, contrary opinions are awesome. But you have played the role of angsty teen angry with everything very well THIS summer.

Dont forget, this is just a game. It really doesnt matter if the Pens are good or not. Your life will go on. Try to enjoy the entire process, even if the roster isnt 2001 Red Wings level of pro.

If JR pulls off some moves, great. It not. Whatever, man.

I just skip over his/her's posts now. I'm just too lazy to block/ignore.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So we are at 24 man roster now?

I'm not entirely worried about some performances in the pre season by the regulars, I think a few were just going though the motions until the season actually starts, people might not like it but we'll see the first week.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Or McClement really did nothing to impress them or make himself look better than Rowney and McKegg.

My post was made on the assumption they want 5 NHL capable centres in the org.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My post was made on the assumption they want 5 NHL capable centres in the org.

Blueger is probably about as capable as McClement seemed to be, tbh. They obviously want more out of Blueger and there's still some developing to be done but he was comparable to McClement who was supposed to be playing for a job. Throw in Guentzel in an emergency C and I'd say it was irrelevant.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Releasing McClement is managements' first proper decision this summer.

That's just crazy talk. Hunwick has looked pretty dang good. Not trading Maatta is looking like a good decision based on his play. Johnson, D'Orio and Bellerive all look like worthwhile prospects. Sheary and Ruhwedel both have team-friendly deals. McKegg, while he has no business being 3C in the playoffs, is fine as a depth guy in the press box or WBS and that's the kind of contract he's on. Heck, even the Niemi contract is fairly team-friendly for what it is. If the Pens ended up in a position where they were looking to get rid of him, he'd likely get claimed off of waivers by a team with a rash of goalie injuries because he has no term, no salary, and can play a starter's minutes (albeit not necessarily well).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just hope with all the $ put into the defense that we don't continue to be hemmed in our own end and consistently outshot as we have been all preseason (and last season) Because when Niemi suits up against Chicago for their opener, it could get ugly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
It sucks that the ignore lists got wiped, but I'm more rattled about not being able to ignore threads. Not out of anger or anything like that, but pure laziness--I just don't want to have to scroll down past several of the stickied threads. :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Releasing McClement is managements' first proper decision this summer. We are making progress. I take it McClement is done in the NHL if he couldn't pass Rowney or McClement.

Go Pens

So you are saying the following:

- They shouldn't have re-signed Schultz
- They shouldn't have re-signed Sheary
- They shouldn't have re-signed Dumo

- They should have re-signed Kunitz
- They should have re-signed Daley
- They should have re-signed Bones
- They shouldn't have waited for Cully to respond
- They should have re-signed Hainsey
- They should have re-signed Streit

Sounds good. Yep. Definitely spot on.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't think they should have waited for Cully in retrospect. But it was a call that could have gone either way in the offseason.

Kukkunen05

Oct 1, 2017
Personally, if I were the Pittsburgh Penguins NHL hockey team, I'd sign Athunasiou to a 5-year, 14-million contract.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So you are saying the following:

- They shouldn't have re-signed Schultz
- They shouldn't have re-signed Sheary
- They shouldn't have re-signed Dumo

- They should have re-signed Kunitz
- They should have re-signed Daley
- They should have re-signed Bones
- They shouldn't have waited for Cully to respond
- They should have re-signed Hainsey
- They should have re-signed Streit

Sounds good. Yep. Definitely spot on.

Sorry but I don't think manamgent should get praise for re-signing RFA's or not re-signing crap players like Kunitz.

What has management done proactively this summer to make the Pens better? I guess I can agree Hunwick was a decent decision. But he certainly doesn't make up for the center disaster.

I'm just not impressed with responses like JR was smart because he didn't re-sign x player or he was brilliant since he re-signed RFA player x.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sorry but I don't think manamgent should get praise for re-signing RFA's or not re-signing crap players like Kunitz.

What has management done proactively this summer to make the Pens better? I guess I can agree Hunwick was a decent decision. But he certainly doesn't make up for the center disaster.

I'm just not impressed with responses like JR was smart because he didn't re-sign x player or he was brilliant since he re-signed RFA player x.

Oh got it. It only matters if you deem it matters.

XAxaV.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

so what bad moves has JR made this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad