Pre-Game Talk: Still Pre-Season ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I forget who said it, but I recall posters telling me that Reaves was going to do what Rowney does only better. That person/people are wrong. Reaves is a plugger who can hit hard. He handles the puck like a grenade and is totally lost on the PK.

I'll cheer like hell when he trolls Dubinsky, but he's a roster downgrade on the ice everywhere else.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Murrays glove hand was dialed in. Jake is good. Blueger was major meh. Sid is still amazing. Letang still shouldn't be on the top PP.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I forget who said it, but I recall posters telling me that Reaves was going to do what Rowney does only better. That person/people are wrong. Reaves is a plugger who can hit hard. He handles the puck like a grenade and is totally lost on the PK.

I'll cheer like hell when he trolls Dubinsky, but he's a roster downgrade on the ice everywhere else.

He doesn't know the system and looks out of shape. The one play where Rowney(?) had a bad icing was entirely Reaves' fault. He was standing in the wrong place gasping for air when he was supposed to be straddling center red.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, that is one thing I'll say about tonight. Kessel was clearly the worst returning regular player on the ice today.

I'd love to start a GoFundMe to help me pay Kessel whatever amount of money necessary for him to switch to a stiff stick on the PP.

He wasn't great. ZAR wasn't excelling with them either but given that it's pre-season and that now is the time to experiment, I was encouraged by what could be.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I'm just thankful after every preseason game that nobody got injured. I couldn't care less about the final score or the effort level in these junk games. Save it for the season.

Also I see that the G-C-S line is back to CBJ-PIT series form allowing as many goals as they score. ;)

Didn't really care for ZAR either. Hagelin was flying out there though, make him the left winger. He was hounding the puck all over the ice.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Would Reaves even be on the ice the same time as Dubinsky??

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
He doesn't know the system and looks out of shape. The one play where Rowney(?) had a bad icing was entirely Reaves' fault. He was standing in the wrong place gasping for air when he was supposed to be straddling center red.

Yup. Believe me I know he's going to get more comfortable and improve vs tonight, but he's not better than Rowney and the combo of those guys on a line is a downgrade from other combinations we can roll out without Reaves.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I am just happy to watch the Penguins play a game! I could care less about the results. It was a fun game with nice intensity. Officially pumped up for the season now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone else wondering why the top of Recchi's head looks like a failed chia pet?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rowney and Reaves are going to compete with Gladams for offensive futility.

I'm not worried about one preseason game but our lack of quality bottom six players will continue to be a huge problem. You don't lose Bones and Cullen and replace them with some of these shmucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad