Equipment: STICKS - Buying Guide and Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Ive seen a couple of INT shafts, TPS RESPONSE ARMOR R6 COMPOSITE online and Ive called them and asked them if a senior blade fit the shafts but they said no.

Maybe its because blades and shafts from different manufacturers dont fit? Even though senior blades should fit in INT shafts.

Yeah there were a few INT shafts before that took JR blades. That was one.

All recent INT shafts take SR blades.

Jonapaloma

Feb 2, 2014
I decided to buy i 1-piece stick because I found a site that had a sale. But Im uncertain which one to get.

Bauer X70 Int or Easton Stealth 65S II. The bauer stick has 60 or 65 flex and Easton has 65 only.

I had a TPS with 60 in flex and it was real nice but my only concern is that 60 flex is too low.

Any thoughts?

TheyTuukkaMyCup

Mar 18, 2014
Playing D for the first time in my life this upcoming year and just wondering what's my best option for a stick? I gave my friend my APX so currently I have nothing.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
There really isn't such a thing as a stick for D. You need to be more specific on your preferences/dislikes...

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Maybe check out the Bauer Supreme or Nexus in a 95,102 or 112 flex. PM9 curve.

Or a Warrior Dynasty series stick, 100 flex, Burrows/Lupul curve.

Sherwood T90 or T100 maybe too.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Not on the ice, but it felt clunky when I saw it in person. There's a long Colt thread over on Modsquad.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
What the heck is CS? The 170 would be considered a step below the T90. Look towards the 180 or 190 for comparison.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I'm looking to get a new stick for the upcoming season, my stick last year was a 55 flex and it was too whippy in my point of view. I had another growth spurt (height wise) during the summer and now 6 feet tall, but my body mass didn't really play along, and I only gained 5 or 10 pounds (now 115 pounds). Should I go with a 60 or 65 intermediate flex with an extension or start to look at the senior models?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm looking to get a new stick for the upcoming season, my stick last year was a 55 flex and it was too whippy in my point of view. I had another growth spurt (height wise) during the summer and now 6 feet tall, but my body mass didn't really play along, and I only gained 5 or 10 pounds (now 115 pounds). Should I go with a 60 or 65 intermediate flex with an extension or start to look at the senior models?

6 feet tall, but 115 pounds ?!? :amazed:
How old are you ?
Eat as much as you can bro. It won't harm you.

An intermediate with an extension should be good though. It would be even better if you could find a 75 flex int stick. Warrior offers that flex in intermediate, and their sticks are usually longer than other brands.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Warrior doesn't have 75 flex INT, only 70 flex, which should be considered. Bauer has 75 flex INT in their top end Supreme though, which should also be considered.

roundwounds

Sep 22, 2014
One of my teammates is 5'6 maybe 140 soaking wet. He was using an 87 flex chopped way down. I gave him one of my 67 flex sticks, same curve and slightly shorter length. His shots damn near doubled in speed. He picked up an intermediate the next day and has greatly improved all aspects of the game.
This is me. 5'6, 140, had an 85 flex stick cut down. Picked up a 65 flex intermediate stick and played last night, wow... I actually have a shot!

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Philosophy on 300$ sticks

Just wondering, Gonna need a new stick in a couple of months and wanted to see people's opinions on 300 $ sticks. Are they a waste of money are they worth it. do 200$ sticks give you better value? just wondering.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I've seen $200 sticks that perform better than $300 stick. Hell, some $150 sticks are just as good as the top end ones. My philosophy is that you should go for the top end stick on clearance.

Examples : EQ50 vs the older S19 (The EQ50 is crap, while the S19 is one of the best sticks Easton has ever made)
or
APX vs APX 2 (having tried both, I can tell you that they're different, but one isn't better than the other. It's a matter of preference, they don't have the same puck feel).

If you can find a Nexus 1000 for $150, why would you spend $300 on the Nexus 8000 ? The very slight improvement isn't worth it.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Just wondering, Gonna need a new stick in a couple of months and wanted to see people's opinions on 300 $ sticks. Are they a waste of money are they worth it. do 200$ sticks give you better value? just wondering.

Dude, there's a whole giant thread called the Stick Buying Guide that's stickied...

Please post in existing appropriate threads and do a search beforehand if you are considering making a new one. If you've thought of this question, there's a strong chance that others have also before.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Is the Superfast worth $100 more than the stage 2? Need a new twig and not sure. Anyone here used both?

jarg7

Sep 24, 2014
best hockey stick for the money? (wrist/snapper)

I'm looking for a new twig and looking for the best bang for the buck under $120. I like to try to get in deep and beat the goalie with a quick release or take the puck and and unload a good wrister top shelf. I'm 6'2 150 or so pretty light so im thinking a SR 75 flex would be good. I was considering the warrior dt3 covert 85 flex though I would prefer a lesser flex, my hockey shop has one they will let go to me for 115. Can anything beat that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad