Stick a Fork in Calgary

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
After turtle gate they won one in OT and got manhandled the game after. Look at their record after turtle gate.

Look at their roster. On paper they should be the best team in the Pacific but something is wrong with them.

FFS. I know Oilers fans need to cling onto small victories, but seriously take a look at your own situation. You're not any better off. You have zero depth beyond two players and you're in cap trouble, so can't fix anything.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
They were always a mediocre team who overachieved last year where everything went right. Now they are back to mediocre. They lack the elite pieces to be a contender. A mini rebuild wouldn't be a bad thing. Just to get an elite piece or two via the lottery.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
david-rittich-tosses-stick.jpg

Advantage Calgary.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Calgary builds their offence around a winger for the 2nd straight generation.... you couldn’t win the cup with Iggy as your top guy, what makes you think you can win a cup with Gaudreau as your top guy. Like how oblivious to the game do you have to be, to build your offense around a winger.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Calgary builds their offence around a winger for the 2nd straight generation.... you couldn’t win the cup with Iggy as your top guy, what makes you think you can win a cup with Gaudreau as your top guy. Like how oblivious to the game do you have to be, to build your offense around a winger.

Oh yeah, because that has never worked for anyone...

Conn Smythe Trophy - Wikipedia

Con Smythe has been awarded 54 times. Centres have received 19 vs 9 for Wingers (though RW are a better choice than LW apparently.)

Anyways, you can definitely build your offense around a winger and be successful.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is this a bit?
Kane. Ovechkin. Tarasenko.
Plus, basically one goal away form the cup with Iggy.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Do people not remember how close Calgary was to winning the cup? How many teams make it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup final? Like 20/30 teams will probably not make it that far during the course of a team build.

Also, Kane, Tarasenko, Ovechkin, and anyone not playing with Crosby says high....Boston one a cup with Lucic/Krecji tied for the team lead with 62 points.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
They were always a mediocre team who overachieved last year where everything went right. Now they are back to mediocre. They lack the elite pieces to be a contender. A mini rebuild wouldn't be a bad thing. Just to get an elite piece or two via the lottery.

We are not bad enough to get elite pieces in the draft. I think a major retool maybe the better option.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
When the best player on the team does not take his craft seriously this is what eventually happens. Lil John better find his off ice commitment if the Flames have any hope to remain competitive.

Thndrstruck

Sep 3, 2011
Calgary
First off I am a Calgary fan, and I'm not impressed with this team right now. Our biggest problem is that we don't seem to have a game-breaker per se. Johnny, Mony, Lindy, Chucky are all good players, but not superstars. Monahan is probably more fitting to a second-line centre, but to get a first-line centre there are really only two ways to do that 1)Draft or 2)Overpay. If they are continually mediocre you aren't drafting them, and being a smaller market I don't see players lining up to come here (I'm hopeful though). So I'm torn on what the team should do.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Poorly assembled and managed roster. Too bad it would be nice to see both teams at their best. Its been one or the other for as long as I can remember.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
FFS. I know Oilers fans need to cling onto small victories, but seriously take a look at your own situation. You're not any better off. You have zero depth beyond two players and you're in cap trouble, so can't fix anything.

Edmonton fans know this. An injury to Mcdavid or Draisaitl will pretty much kill our season. The cap situation will be much better after this season.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The Knights are the only good team imo.

Are they though? They've been pretty lackluster this year so far.

My money is still on Vancouver. Stick a fork in Edmonton too while you're at it. They've forgotten how to play since blowing out Calgary last Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad