Stick a Fork in Calgary

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Outside of St. Louis and Colorado I don't think anyone in the west is a complete team.... however I think there are a number of teams (Oil, Flames, Canucks, Stars, Yotes, Hawks?) that could go on a heater at the right time and make a deep run in the playoffs.

The West is in transition right now, and is as wide open as it has been in a while.

Nobody is out of it just yet. If the standard for a "put a fork in them" thread is the Sabres.... then this is an overreaction.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Anyone saying the Flames are in it haven't watched them lately. Players are ready to hit the golf course and their coach just said the team doesn't care to show up and even compete.

Something is very rotten with this core (apart from Tkachuk).

Reactions: Riser

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Outside of St. Louis and Colorado I don't think anyone in the west is a complete team.... however I think there are a number of teams (Oil, Flames, Canucks, Stars, Yotes, Hawks?) that could go on a heater at the right time and make a deep run in the playoffs.
Stars are really good, I think they are close to Blues or Avs than the rest of that pack.

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Gaudreau, Monahan, Hamonic and Backlund all look like they are AIs from Nhl 20 and are nothing like themselves.

Tkachuk, Lindholm are becoming the new Gaudreau/Monahan but are like lite versions of them in terms of offensive abilities so we cant score. Andersson and Mangiapane are the only young players that really stand out to me and kylington has been good sometimes but mostly meh.

I dont think the Flames are necessarily done, but they desperately needed a top 6 rw (they are the only team in the nhl next to Detroit to not have a right handed winger) and their trade chips was one of Hamonic/Brodie and with Valimaki close to return that looked like a good option, but now with Gio out it looks really unlikely.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What a swan dive from 2nd in the league last year. They didn't even lose any impact players. All their best players just decided to suck.

I'd consider firing Ward at this point and bringing in Laviolette and going for broke.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Just blow it up. A team will never win anything with Monahan as its top Centre. Gaudreau disappears when the going gets tough. He was invisible in the playoffs and against the Oilers when it started getting physical.

Reactions: Riser and Kreator

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Surviving on a 6-1 SO record. They're the only team with at least 60 points that has less than 20 wins in regulation. They have only 4 more regulation wins than the Kings.

Reactions: Riser

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

The West is in transition right now, and is as wide open as it has been in a while.

Nobody is out of it just yet. If the standard for a "put a fork in them" thread is the Sabres.... then this is an overreaction.

I don't even think Colorado is a complete team.

The west sucks, so Calgary still has a chance

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They’re in a weird spot. They could make the playoffs, but have little chance to do much once they’re there. I don’t see how they’re going to fix that short or long term.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Our "interim" coach has not been great, Giordano, our heart and soul, is out injured and a lot of players have checked out. Stick whatever you want in the team.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Gaudreau, Monahan, Hamonic and Backlund all look like they are AIs from Nhl 20 and are nothing like themselves.

Tkachuk, Lindholm are becoming the new Gaudreau/Monahan but are like lite versions of them in terms of offensive abilities so we cant score. Andersson and Mangiapane are the only young players that really stand out to me and kylington has been good sometimes but mostly meh.

I dont think the Flames are necessarily done, but they desperately needed a top 6 rw (they are the only team in the nhl next to Detroit to not have a right handed winger) and their trade chips was one of Hamonic/Brodie and with Valimaki close to return that looked like a good option, but now with Gio out it looks really unlikely.

I don’t think a top RW is going to anything.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Check the standings. They’ve been just as mediocre.

The Knights actually seem to have enough of a team behind them to pull something off though. There are games when the team comes out and things look very solid top to bottom. Can't say the same for any other team in that division.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
After last year, any team that has talent but not achieving should not be giving up until they are out of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad