STH Town Hall Meeting

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Holmgren presentation write-up: http://www.hockeyforums.net/topic/67087-sth-townhall-recap-2016-homer-presentation/

Maybe we could get all three of the write-ups linked in first post?

Just waiting on the Pryor write-up now.

The Pryor Session is always my favorite... it is the most interesting one with the most 'new' and fresh information, rather than things that have been out there for us already, IMO.

... I'm glad that this Thread has been bumped because there is something that I failed to mention earlier -- actually it didn't really dawn on me until recently... Last year with Hexy coming on board I found him to be somewhat snarky and less tactful in regards to some current unnamed players and even worse, IMO, slamming a traded player -- whom I will leave nameless now -- Hexy smirked quite a bit, and when talking about those players, I found that to be too cocky and actually out of the Flyers Family usual MO... I stress when he spoke that way about the players, and not the normal Hexy cockiness that we have come to know and love from his playing days, nor his normal manner of expression.

... Anyway, I say that to point out now that I found that missing in this years session... He had his patented smile that bordered a smirk, but he was not as cocky about ex-players nor current players for that matter. With that, I came away with a better feeling about him as I felt that he came across more professional and seasoned in the GM role... I do understand that many people had no problem with the way he was last Season and disagree with my assessment, which is fine... I'm jus reporting my personal take on his sessions, and what I see as a possible designed change in Hexy or in his presentation. FWIW

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting stuff about the All-Star Game. I guess I wouldn't care about having it if I couldn't get into it.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
Interesting stuff about the All-Star Game. I guess I wouldn't care about having it if I couldn't get into it.

Truthfully, I prefer that smaller market teams get it more than large market- as long as they use Nashvilles playbook and keep the format they used this year. If I remember correctly, the NHL gets the net proceeds anyway (not that it matters whether or not it goes in the NHL's pocket or Sniders pocket).Aside from the 19K that can go see the game(s), whats the difference for those watching it from their couch if the game is in timbukto or in Philly??

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

Truthfully, I prefer that smaller market teams get it more than large market- as long as they use Nashvilles playbook and keep the format they used this year. If I remember correctly, the NHL gets the net proceeds anyway (not that it matters whether or not it goes in the NHL's pocket or Sniders pocket).Aside from the 19K that can go see the game(s), whats the difference for those watching it from their couch if the game is in timbukto or in Philly??

I had always thought that the Flyers were trying to get the ASG but at the time brought up there were too many new Arenas popping up and getting the spot -- I believe this was early Luukko Regime -- It is indeed interesting hearing now that the Flyers are not even trying to get it... a are rather aiming their efforts at the Events that the STHs could attend, such as Outdoor Games and Hosing the Entry Draft.

Kudos to the Organization on this thinking... It would be hard for them to find a fair way to distribute the available Seats; do they do a lottery and if so do they weigh according to tenure... or do they go with the big ticket STHs such as Full Premium Seat Owners??... I'm certain that there are a very small amount of seats available to STHs compared to he number of STHs who would desire them... and I would guess that there would be more bad feelings creaed than good ones.

I attended the ASG at the Spectrum the last time we held it in the Early Nineties... I believe we had more SeasAvailable to the SHs at that time... To be honest, me and my at that time young son had a ball at both the Game and the Skills Competition, even though only Roddy was our Representative during the Jay Snider/Russ Farwell Years.

... Good to see in the Meeting Notes how they will not push off the OutDoor auxiliary Events on us if we want to purchase the main Game. :handclap:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Peter Luukko at one point had no interest in the draft, either. Wonder who flipped that script.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad