STH Renewal 2020 Season

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If that was the case, wouldn't teams with lower average attendance be charging even more than we do? Of course, we know how that would turn out. True North charges more because they can. At least, that used to be the case. I'm not so sure the demand at those prices will be there for much longer.
I'm not an economist, but I don't think that's how it works. You can't really raise ticket prices if you already struggle to fill the building. That's why those teams loseoney, which isn't really the objective.

I think the Winnipeg market might soften, but it hasn't softened that much yet, all things considered. I suppose that if TNSE had clear signs that ticket prices were driving down interest too much, they would adjust.

I'm happy with my ST, and will be more enthusiastic to attend games in person next season after this hiatus. Still, I'm not surprised that a lot of fans want lower prices, especially knowing the characteristics of consumers in Winnipeg.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Does your bank put money into your bank account every time your house increases in value? Franchise value doesn't help Chipman unless and until he sells, which would likely be the end of NHL hockey in Winnipeg.

Ticket prices are higher because the arena is the smallest in the NHL. I thought that was well-understood.

If money isn't the issue than why do you think Chevy has had 10 years and Maurice 7?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If money isn't the issue than why do you think Chevy has had 10 years and Maurice 7?
Not for budget reasons. The difference in salary between Chevy or Maurice and another GM or coach would be negligible in the whole budget. They might also save money by hiring a younger GM or coach.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Not for budget reasons. The difference in salary between Chevy or Maurice and another GM or coach would be negligible in the whole budget. They might also save money by hiring a younger GM or coach.

I was thinking not paying the old and new guy

Well we have won 2 playoff series in 9 years so if it isn't money than I hope it's not that Chipman is the defacto GM who controls Chevy and Maurice

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Seat prices were available online
Forbes had evaluations
2 expansion fees

If you don’t believe it’s a money issue than I don’t know what to think. The only other possibility for not accepting more from management is if Chipman is a de facto GM. I don’t think he is but who knows

First of all we are “down to four” in ticket price in Canadá and not the league. That puts us right in the middle. Second, sure True North have received incentives but that’s par for the course and pale in comparison to what other ownership groups have received. They invested in our downtown, building the arena when our downtown was basically dead. That spurred a revitalization and we are headed in the right direction. Now they’re investing heavily in True North square.

Yes he’s a business man and he wants to make money. Let’s not paint him with the greed brush because of it and forget all the positives for this community that have come as a result of his investment.

Reactions: SCP Guy

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
First of all we are “down to four” in ticket price in Canadá and not the league. That puts us right in the middle. Second, sure True North have received incentives but that’s par for the course and pale in comparison to what other ownership groups have received. They invested in our downtown, building the arena when our downtown was basically dead. That spurred a revitalization and we are headed in the right direction. Now they’re investing heavily in True North square.

Yes he’s a business man and he wants to make money. Let’s not paint him with the greed brush because of it and forget all the positives for this community that have come as a result of his investment.

If we aren't looking at secondary market Winnipeg is still top 5. No idea where you get middle of the pack

I paid 33 for Calgary jets
I paid 64 US for LA jets
I paid 36 US for Miami jets
I paid 46 US for Tampa jets
(all road Jet games)

I have yet to pay under 100 for a game in Winnipeg. All lower bowl prices

Reactions: ps241

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
If we aren't looking at secondary market Winnipeg is still top 5. No idea where you get middle of the pack

I paid 33 for Calgary jets
I paid 64 US for LA jets
I paid 36 US for Miami jets
I paid 46 US for Tampa jets
(all road Jet games)

I have yet to pay under 100 for a game in Winnipeg. All lower bowl prices

You’re looking in the wrong places. Further, judging this by the secondary market makes no sense. Jets don’t set that pricing. Middle of the pack simply comes from the fact that we are 4th out out of 7 Canadian teams. I’m pretty sure my math is correct.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
You’re looking in the wrong places. Further, judging this by the secondary market makes no sense. Jets don’t set that pricing. Middle of the pack simply comes from the fact that we are 4th out out of 7 Canadian teams. I’m pretty sure my math is correct.
Yes they do. You can only sell your tickets at a minimum price through seat exchange which the Jets then add fees to, to take another cut. They then also sell their own extra tickets in the same section for less than what I can on seatexchange.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Yes they do. You can only sell your tickets at a minimum price through seat exchange which the Jets then add fees to, to take another cut. They then also sell their own extra tickets in the same section for less than what I can on seatexchange.

Most reports on secondary markets are compiled from sites like Stubhub. Therefore it’s simply supply and demand. There is no minimum and no maximum. If anyone is that they have yet to see prices below 100 on seat exchange that it is simply false.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
That's a misleading statement. They have yet to prove that vaccinated people can't spread it, only because it wasn't part of the vaccine study, nor would it have been feasible. People in the vaccine trials were only tested if they showed symptoms. End of story.

Yes, we don't know. Public Health doesn't decide on assumptions either way, but especially on the side of loosening restrictions during a pandemic. That's my point. If something changes based on the science available, it changes. For now this is what we know.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
There should be great incentive to ice a competitive and entertaining product. The pandemic has had everyone rethink disposable income and both businesses and individuals have experienced a very different financial landscape. Having been a STH from day one, I enjoy the vibe of a live game but the pandemic has had me revalue the worth of being at the game live and watching on TV (like many on the board). I am a huge fan, but it is a very expensive hobby. The last few years the organization has been pretty tone deaf to STH, I am curious to see how they respond going ahead. I think there are many people like me that will run out their ticket agreement and buy cheap secondary tickets, when I want to attend. Last year you could only sell tickets at a substantial loss. I expect some people may step up to take the ST left by people like me, but the glut of tickets available last year tells me that most people want cheap tickets without the financial commitment of ST. Interested to see how this plays out. At this point we will take the 2 years left on our P1’s and not extend the extra year. A significant shift by the org in supporting STH may change my mind. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: JetsCameHome

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Well, it looks like I might be done as a STH. Got emails this morning after the Laine trade, and basically all the people I share tickets with have told me they are done with the Jets as long as Chevy is GM. They said they didn't go to the games just to watch the team win, which is always good , but to watch one of the most exciting players to ever play in Winnipeg. Chevy just traded him away.

So if I can't replace these ticket sharers, I'm walking. And I'm not just posting this here. I emailed the Jets. The actions of their GM has ramifications on the people who buy tickets.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well, it looks like I might be done as a STH. Got emails this morning after the Laine trade, and basically all the people I share tickets with have told me they are done with the Jets as long as Chevy is GM. They said they didn't go to the games just to watch the team win, which is always good , but to watch one of the most exciting players to ever play in Winnipeg. Chevy just traded him away.

So if I can't replace these ticket sharers, I'm walking. And I'm not just posting this here. I emailed the Jets. The actions of their GM has ramifications on the people who buy tickets.

Are you eligible for the early exit option being given, or is this a "go ahead and take me to court, ya bastards" sort of thing?

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
Opted out of extending my contract with mixed feelings. This year is my last year. Not sure when I get the $2000 back. Kinda sad and relieved at same time lol.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Are you eligible for the early exit option being given, or is this a "go ahead and take me to court, ya bastards" sort of thing?

I have 2 more seasons, so we will see. Maybe it's just heat of the moment and they will change their minds once people can go back to games. If I need to get out early, I might try using the covid I lost my job reason ( even though I didn't ;) )

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad