STH Renewal 2020 Season

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
With the sneakers on too :laugh:.
From the main part of the bridge you could get away with it without the shoes. But Dave is jumping from the top of the bridge (something I never did) and as the picture indicates it's about 20m, or twice the height of the really high board at the Pan Am pool. Even from the main level of the bridge if your feet hit wrong it hurt pretty bad. Next time you're at BDI go out on the bridge and look down at the water. Then look up at the top of those girders.

We also tied a rope to the under side of the bridge and swung from the pillars at times. You did not want to be the first guy testing the length of the rope.

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
From the main part of the bridge you could get away with it without the shoes. But Dave is jumping from the top of the bridge (something I never did) and as the picture indicates it's about 20m, or twice the height of the really high board at the Pan Am pool. Even from the main level of the bridge if your feet hit wrong it hurt pretty bad. Next time you're at BDI go out on the bridge and look down at the water. Then look up at the top of those girders.

We also tied a rope to the under side of the bridge and swung from the pillars at times. You did not want to be the first guy testing the length of the rope.

What, no bungee jumping? Wusses. :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Christ 20 meters is nuts. Wow :clap:

Reactions: robertocarlos

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Would they charge you for tickets at a rate so that it would be like having a sellout? I pay enough for tickets... I'm not paying 5 times what I pay to see Calgary play.

NFL is doing this and prices are the same as they were pre Covid

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
True North Shop sale on now ("Black Friday"). Some good prices.

But your season ticket holder credit is not valid for the items in your cart (i.e. my cart). :rolleyes:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
True North Shop sale on now ("Black Friday"). Some good prices.

But your season ticket holder credit is not valid for the items in your cart (i.e. my cart). :rolleyes:

The Jets points coupon that we all got or are getting IS valid though, mine was for $80 and I am about to buy a blue Heritage classic Breakaway for $19.99 :eek:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Color me surprised (and impressed):

Tuesday, January 5, 2021
The National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) and National Hockey League (NHL) announced on Sunday, December 20, 2020 an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2021. The announcement also described a unique one-year realigned North Division, comprised of the seven Canadian NHL teams, including our own Winnipeg Jets. The regular season is anticipated to finish in early May 2021, followed by Stanley Cup Playoffs that will feature 16 teams in best-of-seven round formats, and conclude in early- to mid-July. This would allow for a normal 2021-22 season, with the regular season beginning in the Fall of 2021.

While we are eager to start this historic Winnipeg Jets 10th season, unfortunately we will be doing so without our fan base live at Bell MTS Place. While optimistic about our future entertainment and events in our venue, we do not anticipate programming in the early months of 2021. Be assured that if circumstances change, that will allow for the safe return of live fans to Bell MTS Place, plans and protocols have and are being prepared to ensure fan safety and security. More information will be shared if, and when, reduced-capacity attendance will be allowed.
SEAT HOLDER AGREEMENT UPDATE
Regrettably, playing to either an empty, or reduced capacity arena will prevent the execution of your Seat Holder Agreement for the 2020-21 season. Accordingly, invoices will not be issued for the 2020-21 season. To accommodate:
  • Know that if partial capacity is allowed at Bell MTS Place for 2020-21 regular season or 2021 playoff games, Season Seat Holders will be given priority access to purchase available tickets.
  • Subject to options provided below, your term of agreement will simply be extended by one year, on the same terms and conditions.
By extending your agreement by an additional year, your Seat Holder Agreement will now expire on June 30, 2023. In appreciation for your commitment, we will discount your 2021-22 invoice by 2%, which will be priced at the same level as planned for the 2020-21 season.

While there is no action required at this time, full details regarding your 2021-22 invoice, including your 2% discount, will be communicated to you in mid-March, when we traditionally initiate the annual payment plan selection process.

If you would prefer not to have the additional year added to the term of your agreement, please click the link below, prior to Friday, February 12, 2021, and confirm your desire for your Seat Holder Agreement to conclude as originally scheduled on June 30, 2022.

Please note: If you choose to opt out of the extension to your Seat Holder Agreement, you will not receive the 2% discount on your 2021-22 invoice.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Color me surprised (and impressed):

Tuesday, January 5, 2021
The National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) and National Hockey League (NHL) announced on Sunday, December 20, 2020 an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2021. The announcement also described a unique one-year realigned North Division, comprised of the seven Canadian NHL teams, including our own Winnipeg Jets. The regular season is anticipated to finish in early May 2021, followed by Stanley Cup Playoffs that will feature 16 teams in best-of-seven round formats, and conclude in early- to mid-July. This would allow for a normal 2021-22 season, with the regular season beginning in the Fall of 2021.

While we are eager to start this historic Winnipeg Jets 10th season, unfortunately we will be doing so without our fan base live at Bell MTS Place. While optimistic about our future entertainment and events in our venue, we do not anticipate programming in the early months of 2021. Be assured that if circumstances change, that will allow for the safe return of live fans to Bell MTS Place, plans and protocols have and are being prepared to ensure fan safety and security. More information will be shared if, and when, reduced-capacity attendance will be allowed.
SEAT HOLDER AGREEMENT UPDATE
Regrettably, playing to either an empty, or reduced capacity arena will prevent the execution of your Seat Holder Agreement for the 2020-21 season. Accordingly, invoices will not be issued for the 2020-21 season. To accommodate:
  • Know that if partial capacity is allowed at Bell MTS Place for 2020-21 regular season or 2021 playoff games, Season Seat Holders will be given priority access to purchase available tickets.
  • Subject to options provided below, your term of agreement will simply be extended by one year, on the same terms and conditions.
By extending your agreement by an additional year, your Seat Holder Agreement will now expire on June 30, 2023. In appreciation for your commitment, we will discount your 2021-22 invoice by 2%, which will be priced at the same level as planned for the 2020-21 season.

While there is no action required at this time, full details regarding your 2021-22 invoice, including your 2% discount, will be communicated to you in mid-March, when we traditionally initiate the annual payment plan selection process.

If you would prefer not to have the additional year added to the term of your agreement, please click the link below, prior to Friday, February 12, 2021, and confirm your desire for your Seat Holder Agreement to conclude as originally scheduled on June 30, 2022.

Please note: If you choose to opt out of the extension to your Seat Holder Agreement, you will not receive the 2% discount on your 2021-22 invoice.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Glad to see they gave the option to opt out a year, although some may not like not being given a discount if they do. I will wait and see how the beginning of the season goes before I make any decision.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am glad they gave the opt out option since my tickets fall into that category time line wise. I will need to see if my season ticket holder partner still wants in and if not I may need to let my seats go and join a buddy in his group. I love going to Jets games and always will but I think I need to be part of a larger ticket holder group so I have less inventory to sell. I have kids aged 12 and 8 and they are both active in hockey so I just don't have the time to get to more than about 8-10 games a season.

I think TNSE have handled this piece well IMO.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I am glad they gave the opt out option since my tickets fall into that category time line wise. I will need to see if my season ticket holder partner still wants in and if not I may need to let my seats go and join a buddy in his group. I love going to Jets games and always will but I think I need to be part of a larger ticket holder group so I have less inventory to sell. I have kids aged 12 and 8 and they are both active in hockey so I just don't have the time to get to more than about 8-10 games a season.

Why make multi-year commitments when it's so easy to buy tickets for any game? And if you aren't overly picky about which game you attend or where you sit, you're going to find some bargains throughout the year. There will be motivated sellers looking to dump off tickets at cost or below just to control the bleeding, so to speak.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I've given my group the option of opting out of the opt out. LOL. I know one guy in our group is going to take me up on that, so I'll have some space if you end up looking around. Probably 5-10 games per season will be available. Not far from where your seats currently are IIRC. P3s, but on the aisle next to P2s.

As to @nobody imp0rtant question, in my case it's because I really like my seats and to this point I've been able to attend almost all of the games I've selected in our draft over nine years. I think in nine years I've only ever given away a set of tickets once, donated once and have yet to sell under my cost. I'm not disagreeing with your point because you're right, if you don't care about where you sit tickets are available for absolutely every game and the only time you pay more than face is maybe Toronto and Montreal. I'll ride out my contract and probably sign another three year deal, which would carry me close to retirement at which point I'll evaluate the finances and figure out whether we'll be even in the country for much of the season.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I wonder if they would eventually allow people who can prove they were vaccinated in to watch the games?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I wonder if they would eventually allow people who can prove they were vaccinated in to watch the games?

Nothing will set off the human rights people faster than barring people from events because they aren't vaccinated. Check your privilege, vaxxers. Unvaccinated Lives Matter. #uvlm :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nothing will set off the human rights people faster than barring people from events because they aren't vaccinated. Check your privilege, vaxxers. Unvaccinated Lives Matter. #uvlm :sarcasm:
Nothing in the Charter about prohibiting discrimination based on your vaccination status.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Going a bit off the map with this question... does anyone know what model Tissot watch that they give out to the mvp’s? That thing is nice!

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Why make multi-year commitments when it's so easy to buy tickets for any game? And if you aren't overly picky about which game you attend or where you sit, you're going to find some bargains throughout the year. There will be motivated sellers looking to dump off tickets at cost or below just to control the bleeding, so to speak.

And this is why this team will relocate in about 5-10 years. Winnipeg simply has given up paying high dollars for sports. Sad but, we just don't have enough wealthy and ready to spend middle class people in this city. And with less demand means cheap tickets which means no point in holding onto ones own set of season tickets. TNSE will not tolerate this, and sadly we'll be on our way out sooner than later.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
And this is why this team will relocate in about 5-10 years. Winnipeg simply has given up paying high dollars for sports. Sad but, we just don't have enough wealthy and ready to spend middle class people in this city. And with less demand means cheap tickets which means no point in holding onto ones own set of season tickets. TNSE will not tolerate this, and sadly we'll be on our way out sooner than later.

That's the spirit. Way to be positive.:rolleyes:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Unlikely. Vaccinated doesn’t mean people aren’t carrying virus. Until there’s a significant majority vaccinated the restrictions won’t really ease up.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Winnipeg is not an exceptional market in this regard.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

Although I agree that it may become an issue, the league is completely different as is this ownership group and its situation.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

On the plus side, attendance at ICE games should skyrocket. Oh wait, they will probably be the first team to leave. Oh well... we'll always have the Bombers. :nod:

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Unlikely. Vaccinated doesn’t mean people aren’t carrying virus. Until there’s a significant majority vaccinated the restrictions won’t really ease up.

First, that is not confirmed. It's unknown at this point. However, even if it's true, if everyone in the building has been vaccinated why would that matter any more or less than after the majority have been vaccinated?

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

Unless the building is packed with health care workers, I doubt people will even start getting their second shots until playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->