STH Renewal 2020 Season

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Did anyone get a survey to fill out today? My friend that sits beside me for one but I didn’t . We have separate SSH agreements.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Did anyone get a survey to fill out today? My friend that sits beside me for one but I didn’t . We have separate SSH agreements.
I didn’t today, but last week on May 29 I did. It came from the NHL.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
It was COVID-19 related. What we’d expect for cleaning at the facility, social distancing, how likely to go to a sporting event in near future. Along those lines. If memory serves there was also one or two questions on our thoughts on TNSE’s response to COVID-19

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I'm just wondering if anyone has cancelled their season tickets before the term is up? Other than losing your deposit, any other repercussions?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm just wondering if anyone has cancelled their season tickets before the term is up? Other than losing your deposit, any other repercussions?

I asked what the process was before the end of the 2018-19 season, and was told it is a contract and you are expected to finish out the term. You would lose the deposit, yes, but they may also take legal action if you don't uphold your end.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
They threatened to take legal action against me when I inquired a couple seasons ago, and the person who did it was not very nice about it. I made sure to make it very clear to them that the way they presented that message was a major factor in me giving up my tickets this year.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that if you cancel your season tickets that your reward points expire by June 30th?

Reactions: Gm0ney

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
They threatened to take legal action against me when I inquired a couple seasons ago, and the person who did it was not very nice about it. I made sure to make it very clear to them that the way they presented that message was a major factor in me giving up my tickets this year.

Hey Chipman, you might want to read this book.

How-to-Win-Friends-Influence-People_Book-Summary.png

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that if you cancel your season tickets that your reward points expire by June 30th?

I've always referred to them as being like Club Z points so this is no different. All reward point models are relatively similar but Club Z had to be the worst and it really seems to be the model that TNSE seems to want to follow - always keep the good rewards just out of reach of those that aren't spending maximum dollars at your establishment. With Zellers, you really could only succeed by buying everything at Zellers regardless of whether Superstore or Safeway had a better price. It was how they designed the model. The True North model is quite similar in the sense that if you're paying P1/P2 for four seats, then you can achieve rewards pretty easily. Rewarding those high end STH is a good thing, they are making the most substantial investment. Where they fail though is in the always increasing the baseline for the "good rewards" much as Zellers did. The high end STH collect more points and can still hit those targets. P3 and down though (especially those who only hold two seats) are continually priced out of something as simple as a jersey.

Initially jerseys were 25000 points. Ok, not getting that in first season or two but I'll save towards it was the approach (same as getting that portable gas grill from Club Z). Hah, says TNSE, those jerseys are now 35000 points. And on it goes to the point where jerseys are now 50/60K points. I think they might hold off on an increase in the point price for this year but the following years I expect jerseys will be 60-70K points.

It's a lousy model. Modest increments aren't unreasonable but if you want to eliminate it as an incentive for ~70% or your STH then they're doing exactly as planned.

I've done well as a P3, 2 seat guy. I've got auto'd Scheifele and Ehlers jerseys and maybe by the end of my current term I might have enough points for a 3rd auto'd jersey, but I'm not holding my breath because they seem to like their model.

Reactions: Benny27

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
On a different topic I'm curious how they're going to function in a Covid environment? It's not going away for at least a year and probably longer. Social distancing is impossible at capacity and I'd guess you can maybe accomodate 25-30% capacity if you're allowing for social distancing. That's not functional for revenue generation.

Also the restriction aspect into the venue if they are taking temperatures. As a STH if I roll up with a 99.4 F temperature at the gate are you restricting me from entry? If so, are you compensating me for denial of entry? If not, I can't see anyone running the risk of owning STH. I'd only be interested in buying walk up tickets on game day if that's the approach that is taken. If I have a pair or tickets to back to back games and I have a cold with a minor temperature increase and now I'm being denied entry to both sets of games and I'm out over $500 there's no way I'm going to continue as a STH after that.

Just thinking what if scenarios.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
A lineup of 900 people to get into an arena - socially distanced - is just over a mile long.

And then there’s getting out of the arena...which is just as big of a problem.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
On a different topic I'm curious how they're going to function in a Covid environment? It's not going away for at least a year and probably longer. Social distancing is impossible at capacity and I'd guess you can maybe accomodate 25-30% capacity if you're allowing for social distancing. That's not functional for revenue generation.

Also the restriction aspect into the venue if they are taking temperatures. As a STH if I roll up with a 99.4 F temperature at the gate are you restricting me from entry? If so, are you compensating me for denial of entry? If not, I can't see anyone running the risk of owning STH. I'd only be interested in buying walk up tickets on game day if that's the approach that is taken. If I have a pair or tickets to back to back games and I have a cold with a minor temperature increase and now I'm being denied entry to both sets of games and I'm out over $500 there's no way I'm going to continue as a STH after that.

JMO, but in response to how they are going to function ( assuming "they" is the Jets ) then my response is.. they won't be functioning. Until there is an actual vaccine that people have access to there will be no people attending games in Winnipeg. Again, JMO.

The logistics are just impossible in a building with 15,000 season ticket holders.

Let's say the Jets do want people in the building and decide that 5,000 is a good number. How do they decide which 5,000? Do they hold a lottery to decide what STHs get in the game? Do they just suspend all STHs until there is a vaccine and just have 5,000 walkups each game? How do they safely get 5,000 people to line up to get into the game, use the washrooms, use the food services, visit the Jets store, and have those 5,000 leave the game? Is it single file in and single file out? 5,000 people with 6 foot distancing is 9 kilometres.

Also, what if they make everyone wear a mask? Are you allowed to take your mask off to drink your beer or eat? or will there be no food and drinks? What if you just find it uncomfortable trying to yell at the ref with a mask on? If you take it off and someone sees you, do you get thrown out?

Are the Jets going to make everyone sign a waiver so if they do attend the game and end up sick they can't sue the team?

I'm just spitballing here, but there are 100s of issues that just make the whole thing damn near impossible or it's just better off to wait for a vaccine. But what if a vaccine never comes?

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I've always referred to them as being like Club Z points so this is no different. All reward point models are relatively similar but Club Z had to be the worst and it really seems to be the model that TNSE seems to want to follow - always keep the good rewards just out of reach of those that aren't spending maximum dollars at your establishment. With Zellers, you really could only succeed by buying everything at Zellers regardless of whether Superstore or Safeway had a better price. It was how they designed the model. The True North model is quite similar in the sense that if you're paying P1/P2 for four seats, then you can achieve rewards pretty easily. Rewarding those high end STH is a good thing, they are making the most substantial investment. Where they fail though is in the always increasing the baseline for the "good rewards" much as Zellers did. The high end STH collect more points and can still hit those targets. P3 and down though (especially those who only hold two seats) are continually priced out of something as simple as a jersey.

Initially jerseys were 25000 points. Ok, not getting that in first season or two but I'll save towards it was the approach (same as getting that portable gas grill from Club Z). Hah, says TNSE, those jerseys are now 35000 points. And on it goes to the point where jerseys are now 50/60K points. I think they might hold off on an increase in the point price for this year but the following years I expect jerseys will be 60-70K points.

It's a lousy model. Modest increments aren't unreasonable but if you want to eliminate it as an incentive for ~70% or your STH then they're doing exactly as planned.

I've done well as a P3, 2 seat guy. I've got auto'd Scheifele and Ehlers jerseys and maybe by the end of my current term I might have enough points for a 3rd auto'd jersey, but I'm not holding my breath because they seem to like their model.

At least True North is helping out by increasing your Jets Rewards points earned every season by 3-5%. :sarcasm:

m.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Use your points by the end of June and we'll give you some shitty options to use those points on...

Only allowed to get one $25 GC...U want a signed pic? Well your only option is Perreault....Want a signed puck? Bork, Appleton or Poolman....Maybe u want a womens Pullover, take a large, xLarge or double xxl....Womens Polo shirt, large or xl....

What an fn joke.....

Reactions: Ggg99

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

25%? There are 10 seats in a 3 foot radius at BellMTS.

I tried visiting the HSC and they wouldn't let me in the building. They did take my temperature. 36.4 Celsius, which is good.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The club indicated on its website it won’t send out invoices until the NHL’s deep thinkers figure out what the 2020-21 season might look like.

"We will be adjusting timelines and will communicate with you once the details have been finalized," the Jets said in a sattement.

"The multi-year renewals were completed before the pandemic began in March, and as we’ve done in the past, any unrenewed seats will be offered to our wait list," said Rob Wozny, True North’s vice-president of communications and content.

"However, with the pause in the 2019-20 season, and no indication to date about what a 2020-21 season will look like, it’s premature, at this point, to speculate on if or when we’ll explore our options until we have direction from the NHL."

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The club indicated on its website it won’t send out invoices until the NHL’s deep thinkers figure out what the 2020-21 season might look like.

"We will be adjusting timelines and will communicate with you once the details have been finalized," the Jets said in a sattement.

"The multi-year renewals were completed before the pandemic began in March, and as we’ve done in the past, any unrenewed seats will be offered to our wait list," said Rob Wozny, True North’s vice-president of communications and content.

"However, with the pause in the 2019-20 season, and no indication to date about what a 2020-21 season will look like, it’s premature, at this point, to speculate on if or when we’ll explore our options until we have direction from the NHL."

Wish that would read: "any un-renewed seats will be offered as upgrades to current STH and then to our wait list".

I have to say, I don't really believe they consider upgrades for current STH as a priority. Until I got aggressive about it nothing happened for years.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I hope they don’t put our STH contracts “on hold”.
You mean as in rolling them forward until they play again so they don’t expire on the actual date on the contract but instead expire after you’ve fulfilled the number of seasons instead? I fully expect them to do that.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
You mean as in rolling them forward until they play again so they don’t expire on the actual date on the contract but instead expire after you’ve fulfilled the number of seasons instead? I fully expect them to do that.
Yes that’s what I mean.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I hope they don’t put our STH contracts “on hold”.

I could almost guarantee you that is exactly what they will do.

You have 3 years remaining on your contract, you will still have 3 years remaining on your contract after things start going again, even if things don't start going again for "X" years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad