Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman to be introduced as new GM of Detroit | Pat Verbeek joins him as AGM

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
If Bob McKenzie is right about other possible departures then it ain't about money. It'll be the Illuminati basically saying "yeah **** Tampa"

I seriously can't believe it's been 10 years
Yzerman took care of his people;

Kurvers went back to MN to be AGM (a promo for him; sadly, he was diagnosed with cancer in Nov ... no update as of now on that)

Yzerman made sure JBB was promoted, Cooper was settled in, players were set before leaving; he did NOT ever see the dumpster fire that was April 2019

And I think Yzerman will still take care of his people - Verbeek, Murray will go as well - my understanding is they have exit clauses in their contracts if Yzerman leaves...

My friends in DET have been drooling since Sept and they are crying tears of joy. We loved him here, he is god-like to DET.

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
Definitely sucks. We all knew it would happen, but figured it would be greatly softened by the Cup. We should be trying like heck to keep the other guys, but if they don't want to be hear it's going to be difficult.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Is Murray leaving confirmed or what??
I think anyone else leaving is speculation at this point. I don't know what Murray's contract status is though, but I doubt we'd let him go unless there's a promotion involved for him.

I do expect Verbeek to be gone though.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think anyone else leaving is speculation at this point. I don't know what Murray's contract status is though, but I doubt we'd let him go unless there's a promotion involved for him.

I do expect Verbeek to be gone though.
I'm not sure Murray has any connection to the Detroit/Windsor area. He's from Regina as far as I can tell.

Scouts are normally out on the road, but as a head scout, he may be in Tampa more often and Detroit isn't going to be 80 degrees in December because Yzerman is there.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
so here's PURE speculation

You know how Yzerman ALWAYS plays 5 move chess? DET is really lacking a lot of pieces

thoughts on him taking Cally and Cobie with him? It helps DET and helps TBL... seems like something he would do??

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
on the tampa bay lightning page yzerman his name is removed from senior adviser AL murray and verbeek are still on there
his name would be removed at end of season no matter what and that ended on Tuesday night ... I am expecting Verbeek and Murray to go with him

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
on the tampa bay lightning page yzerman his name is removed from senior adviser AL murray and verbeek are still on there
We are still in limbo though. I sincerely doubt we are gonna know anything about Murray's status until after the draft. Unless we are getting straight up pillaged like 60 days before the actual draft he would wait until it was over.

Or I'm wrong AND our scouting department is gone for this draft too and we're getting on triple and quadruple whammy status

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The dude knows our NHL and AHL roster backwards and forward. This year he's going to try to make deals with the more or less rookie GM who is now in charge of this team.

We are going to get fleeced at some point, guaranteed.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We are still in limbo though. I sincerely doubt we are gonna know anything about Murray's status until after the draft. Unless we are getting straight up pillaged like 60 days before the actual draft he would wait until it was over.

Or I'm wrong AND our scouting department is gone for this draft too and we're getting on triple and quadruple whammy status
Ya murray can't go there till at least after the draft is done he has done scouting all year for tampa

Reactions: PJ817

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The dude knows our NHL and AHL roster backwards and forward. This year he's going to try to make deals with the more or less rookie GM who is now in charge of this team.

We are going to get fleeced at some point, guaranteed.
I bet he is already calling here saying I will take Ryan Callahan and what prospect will you give me JBB ?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
so here's PURE speculation

You know how Yzerman ALWAYS plays 5 move chess? DET is really lacking a lot of pieces

thoughts on him taking Cally and Cobie with him? It helps DET and helps TBL... seems like something he would do??

I can see him taking on Callahan if we give them some futures, Coburn is a free agent so that is out of our hands.

I do think there are deals to be made between JBB and Yzerman this summer that can help both teams out. Being in the same division could make things a bit difficult but a big reason trades don't happen is because of a lack of familiarity between GM's. Yzerman and JBB won't have that issue at all. I'd throw Miller's name out there too, and my dark horse to be traded this summer is Sergachev.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yzerman had access to our scouting reports this whole time. He's already got a plan in place for Detroit.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'm not sure Murray has any connection to the Detroit/Windsor area. He's from Regina as far as I can tell.

Scouts are normally out on the road, but as a head scout, he may be in Tampa more often and Detroit isn't going to be 80 degrees in December because Yzerman is there.
No, he is on the road almost all of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad