Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman stepping down as GM | Julien BriseBois promoted to GM

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Wouldn't be shocked if he just wanted to chill. Being a GM, all the travel, all the shit wears on your after a while. He might just want to lay low with his wife and take a reduced role, he might want to go back to Detroit and give things a go. Happy to see JB get a shot though, he'll be great.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well ****, let's hope it's nothing to do with Yzermans health...

That's my concern. Yzerman's not the kind of guy to spring this on the team at the last minute like this. We're right on the eve of camp, and he's just caused a huge distraction. Why not do this in August?

I somewhat wonder if he wanted to handle the Karlsson negotiations. And something's happened there, and now he's stepping aside. But I worry that that's just wishful thinking, and, really, there's a health issue.

Its a Bolts Life

Jan 29, 2015
It feels really weird to think that yzerman won't be our GM anymore, just feels wrong almost. I am happy that brisebois is going to be given a chance to prove he can be a NHL GM, and to be fair he has been working under yzerman for years. I just hope that he can keep the same mentality and has learned everything that he can from yzerman.

We should find out more at the presser, I sure as hell want him in our org in some capacity.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It feels really weird to think that yzerman won't be our GM anymore, just feels wrong almost. I am happy that brisebois is going to be given a chance to prove he can be a NHL GM, and to be fair he has been working under yzerman for years. I just hope that he can keep the same mentality and has learned everything that he can from yzerman.

We should find out more at the presser, I sure as hell want him in our org in some capacity.
You guys act like JB had no input on building this roster, whereas some of the great under-the-radar signings we've made (Barre-Boulet, Gourde, Marchy) had been done by him. I assure you this team is every bit JB's as it is SY's.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Joe Smith tweet says he told the team he is stepping aside as GM to an advisory role. Hopefully that means he is staying with the team.

Those "advisory" positions might as well just be temporary name holders, they don't mean anything at all. Realistic scenario of him moving back to Detroit and taking a role there (not as GM), where he can be home and work without travel. Didn't he sell his house in Tampa last year?

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Those "advisory" positions might as well just be temporary name holders, they don't mean anything at all. Realistic scenario of him moving back to Detroit and taking a role there (not as GM), where he can be home and work without travel. Didn't he sell his house in Tampa last year?
Either way... I thank him for what he has helped to build and wish him continued success (as long as it isn't at the expense of the Bolts lol).

Its a Bolts Life

Jan 29, 2015
You guys act like JB had no input on building this roster, whereas some of the great under-the-radar signings we've made (Barre-Boulet, Gourde, Marchy) had been done by him. I assure you this team is every bit JB's as it is SY's.
wasn't implying he wasn't having input, just saying that I hope that JB is going to treat this team the same way and learned from what SY. I have lots of faith in JB and feel the team is just as good in his hands as it was in SY.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017

Didn't he sell it to Girardi?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Wouldn't be shocked if he just wanted to chill. Being a GM, all the travel, all the **** wears on your after a while. He might just want to lay low with his wife and take a reduced role, he might want to go back to Detroit and give things a go. Happy to see JB get a shot though, he'll be great.
i didnt see this coming figured was a simple vinik says heres the open contract you fill it out and sign it type of situation

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Sad day for sure, seems out of the bloom. On the bright side, we don't have to see Brisebois go elsewhere anymore.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
tenor.gif

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
The bright side is the majority of the heavy lifting is done for a while. We have the majority of our studs locked up long-term. Point, Sergachev (assuming he doesn't get moved for Karlsson), and Vasi pretty much locks in the entire core for the long haul. I know JB has it in him and I don't feel this is devestating in the least. SY did a great job for us. Now it's time to turn the page.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad