Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman stepping down as GM | Julien BriseBois promoted to GM

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Presser at 4 pm with Vinik and Yzerman to attend. This is huge. Unless there is a serious medical or personal issue, this sort of thing does not happen on the eve of training camp!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I hope that he stays with the org. Move to full president or something and let Brisebois handle the Day to Day.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
He is way too competitive to leave it where we are right now, no matter who he hands it over to. It must be something personal which makes him unable to commit to a 7-day working schedule.

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He is way too competitive to leave it where we are right now, no matter who he hands it over to. It must be something personal which makes him unable to commit to a 7-day working schedule.

Probably a threat of divorce.

This is pretty devastating. But the system is in place, at least, for long term success.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Probably a threat of divorce.

This is pretty devastating. But the system is in place, at least, for long term success.

Does his wife really live in Detroit? I doubt she needs a job.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Does his wife really live in Detroit? I doubt she needs a job.

I think they both split time, and I know his wife moved with their daughter when she went off to college, to be closer to her. It might have just been too demanding on his time.

That said, the timing of this is the most shocking thing, and makes me a little worried it's a health problem.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
7AlN.gif

Reactions: Sk8M8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad