Recalled/Assigned: STEPHANE VEILLEUX!!! (also: Harding & Dowell up; Zuck, MG & Kuemper down)

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Zucker was BRUTAL since the call up. Glad he got sent down..me I might have just scratched him for a game but hey do what ya gotta do.

Intrigued to see Dowell..Veilleux is always entertaining as us Wild fans know. Maybe he will provide a spark. We need it.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
Clutterbuck is a big part off the poison this team have been eating in recent weeks

Clutter simply dont give a **** he dont hit people anymore he damn shore cant score and is making he's fellow players sleepy because the clutter
he's team mates know is dead.

Thats a player that should be scratched a sleepy under performing unmotivated former "bulldozer" thats like a "trojan horse" inside
the own team chewing down the motivation

Fletch should tell him to go an **** yourself if playing for the wild is not worth giving blood for the cause

Last edited:

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011
Completely agree with this, Clutter shouldn't even be playing he's been brutall. when Rupp gets back he should take clutters spot

Clutterbuck is a big part off the poison this team have been eating in recent weeks

Clutter simply dont give a **** he dont hit people anymore he damn shore cant score and is making he's fellow players sleepy because the clutter
he's team mates know is dead.

Thats a player that should be scratched a sleepy under performing unmotivated former "bulldozer" thats like a "trojan horse" inside
the own team chewing down the motivation

Fletch should tell him to go an **** yourself if playing for the wild is not worth giving blood for the cause

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
!!!~~~!!!!!!!

Veilleux, Harding and Dowel?

HahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

tumblr_m61w1mVBbe1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Oh god we've hit rock bottom..we're DOOMED!!! HEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEEHHAHAHAHHHEAHEHAEHAEHH!!!!!!!!11112

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
The wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels of the bus go round and round, then the wheels, fall off.

MINNESOTA MILD!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels of the bus go round and round, then the wheels, fall off.

MINNESOTA MILD!

Hey! I made a logo for that last year!

MinnesotaMild.jpg

Post-It Notes STILL fix everything!

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Well, at least we're trying something else. Would've liked to see McIntyre get a shot, but I can understand why we went with the veterans instead. Doesn't help the top-9 that can't score, but we're likely going to cut down on mistakes and brought up a great energy guy in Veilleux.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yeo's panicking, he needs more grinding because that is the reason this team isn't winning. We are getting great chances around the net, all 4 lines are shooting the puck great but we just can't grind our opponents down at all so we end up losing games....

What the ****.

You realize Yeo doesn't make the moves, right? Fletcher makes personal moves. I swear, some people...

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
You realize Yeo doesn't make the moves, right? Fletcher makes personal moves. I swear, some people...
I swear some people don't understand how a coach and GM work together. I will say it again, if Yeo wanted them on the ice for the Wild they would be, CF is not going to send down players that Yeo wants.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I swear some people don't understand how a coach and GM work together. I will say it again, if Yeo wanted them on the ice for the Wild they would be, CF is not going to send down players that Yeo wants.

Right, the coach can give input, however all moves are on the GM.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Right, the coach can give input, however all moves are on the GM.
It is a bit more than just "input" with a head coach. No he doesn't make the official call to the NHL or file the paper work but if you think he has just "input" you are sorely mistaken.

Yeo had Granlund on the 4th line, he wasn't exactly falling over himself to play him while he was up with the Wild and Zucker has just been horrible this call up and needed to be taken out of the line up and again Yeo has shown when he has had Zucker that he wasn't anxious to play him a lot of minutes.

CF does not just pluck players off of Yeos bench and send them down, it starts with Yeo and whether or not he wants to use them, he obviously felt they were not useful right now and in fact I bet he felt they were a hindrance.

OpRedDawn*

Holy over reaction to rather innocuous roster moves.

Granlund was only kept with the team due to Rupps injury. This likely means Rupp will be back in the line up and rather then have Granlund sit which is what he would have done they are going to get him playing and let Dowell sit as the extra forward. Veillux is probably going to take PMBs spot on the 3rd line so PMB can go back with Cullen and Seto.

Zucker was not playing well at all and if he isn't a weapon offensively he doesn't have much else to help the team with at the moment.

These moves actually make a lot of sense.

This. Sadly, everyone's gotta criticize everything, even when common sense things are done.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Veilleux at least look like he gave a **** last season.
Ya know what...that is very true. When everyone was setting their tee times during the last week or so last year, Veilleux still appeared more interested in playing hockey. Looked like he actually cared.

Don't know what to think of these moves. Desperate times. But the ship has sunk. Rose is clingin' to the door, while Jack is in the water. At this point, anything goes. Throw darts at the wall. Let Veilleux fly.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Its the right move to send them down but that's only because Yeo doesn't put players in a position to succeed.

Granlund is our worst defensive center and weakest along the boards, Yeo puts him with 2 terrible defensive wingers that are also weak along the boards and has them dumping it in.

Maybe it was part of some long-term plan but it did nothing to help him this year.

I still say Granlund should have been paired with Coyle or Parise.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Someone posted on StarTrib that this season Zucker and Granlund average .28 goals a game. Our two grinders averaged .24 in the AHL. We aren't exactly "losing" scoring chances by this. We need size.

Mumbler*

Veilleux at least look like he gave a **** last season.

When doesn't he? Guy is 110% always even if that 110% looks like uncontrolled chaos. I get why he's called up now.... doesn't mean I'm super excited about it but I get it.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
When doesn't he? Guy is 110% always even if that 110% looks like uncontrolled chaos. I get why he's called up now.... doesn't mean I'm super excited about it but I get it.

That is the absolute perfect response right there. I can give anybody every single right to disagree with the moves....but I don't think you can ask the question 'why did they do this?' It makes sense.

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
We call up two gritty players to play on the fourth line, while our two gritty guys on that line are recovering from injuries. Why are we freaking out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad